• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Blade Runner: The Penultimate Cut (TM2YC)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Some cover art I've been working on:

50364642373_1b6c0af8cf_k.jpg

I've had a watch of everything muxed together, mostly opting for the Theatrical Cut mix, which I hadn't watched along with in forever. The voice over is quite nice. There are few little tweaks I want to make, to the grade in a couple of shots, fix a continuity error missed in the FC and I want to revisit a choice I made in the sound mixing of the noddle bar scene when the voice over is involved. Still these changes shouldn't take too long.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is "BLADE RUNNUR" a typo, or an official alternate spelling?

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:

LOL!  :D You think I'd know how to spell it by now. Thanks. Poster fixed.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:

That’s the title for the Nolan directed sequel. :p

Plissken1138

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ruck duckurd, lol

@"TM2YC"  can you make the font more... erm... teal. I'd go teal there. Somehow I think it'll go well with orange Deck. :D

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Plissken1138 said:
 more... erm... teal. I'd go teal there.

Teal ....no teal ...please no teal....it's the whole reason this project exists  :)

Trez75

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Get's better and better. This project seems to be the most awaited fan edit of this year with RidgeShark Jaws 2. Poster looking good. Teal or no teal :p

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Plissken1138 said:
@"TM2YC"  can you make the font more... erm... teal.

It's a pale shade of teal, I tried lots of different shades, brightnesses and saturations (including a full strength turquoise teal) but that's the one I liked best. But if you really want teal and orange I had this option in reserve ;) :

50375945442_7161b0d41b_k.jpg

It's 99% a beautiful painting by Olivia (Olivia De Berardinis), which I've just put some text over. Where as the other is a bit more creative, with the extreme close up of Deckard's eyes and the text layout.

<hr style="border: 1px solid white;" />

I've been watching through a 2nd "final" version with the Workprint mix, which I've decided could be better, so I'll remix that and have another listen. I noticed the 30th Anniversary Region-B blu-ray had some subtitles that the Region-A 5-disc did not have, so I've added those. It's got English, French, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese (it didn't specify if it was Mandarin or Cantonese), Korean, Portuguese, Dutch, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian and Swedish. So the Nordic countries are well covered.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
In regards to the poster, I find the initial poster to be a bit hard to read in some areas. With the second poster, some of the white text is a bit hard to read but overall it's not as bad. Purely from a design standpoint, I prefer the second.

Plissken1138

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ah, regardless of teal or not, I dig the blocky lettering and Deck's close-up. Reminded me of this shot of Rachael before she lets a tear. I messed with it in PS some, didn't wanna crop it too much. Maybe it'll be of some use :)

rachael.png

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ That's a real nice paint effect you've got on there.

I might have "The Penultimate Cut" finished (I think), unless I spot anything to tweak and the first 50-minutes of "The Alternate Cut" are locked, with the remainder in partially finished state. So it's getting there :) .

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
'The Penultimate Cut' is finally finished and ready, so if you want to see it let me know :) .

The final list of audio tracks are as follows:

01 Final Cut 2007 blu-ray English 5.1
02 Final Cut 2007 blu-ray English 2.0
03 Final Cut 2007 blu-ray French 5.1
04 Final Cut 2012 blu-ray German 5.1
05 Final Cut 2012 blu-ray Italian 5.1
06 Final Cut 2012 blu-ray Spanish 5.1

07 Theatrical Voiceover 2007 blu-ray English 5.1
08 Theatrical Voiceover 2007 DVD English 2.0
09 Theatrical Voiceover 1983 Laserdisc English 2.0
10 Theatrical Voiceover 2007 blu-ray French 2.0
11 Theatrical Voiceover 2007 DVD German 2.0
12 Theatrical Voiceover 2007 DVD Spanish 2.0

13 Director's Cut 2007 blu-ray English 5.1
14 Director's Cut 1999 DVD English 2.0
15 Director's Cut 1999 DVD French 2.0
16 Director's Cut 2006 DVD German 2.0
17 Director's Cut 1999 DVD Italian 2.0

18 Workprint 2007 blu-ray English 5.1
19 Edited-for-TV 1986 CBS Broadcast English 2.0
20 Isolated Score 2.0

21 Ridley Scott Commentary 2.0
22 Hampton Fancher, David Peoples, Michael Deeley & Katherine Haber Commentary 2.0
23 Syd Mead, Lawrence G. Paull, David Snyder, Douglas Trumball, Richard Yuricich & David Dryer Commentary 2.0
24 Paul M. Sammon Workprint Commentary 2.0

25 CommTrackPodcast Commentary 2.0
26 Pete Mac Commentary 2.0
27 THO Movie Reviews Podcast Commentary 2.0
28 Vassals of Kingsgrave Commentary 2.0
29 VaughnJogVlog Commentary 2.0
30 Vinesauce Commentary 2.0

With the except of the 6 FC mixes which already synced, all the other mixes have been edited, mixed and extended to sync them with the FC.  I watched this thing a few times over the last few weeks and it's fun to watch with the Workprint mix and I've started to really like the Voiceover version.  I've also noticed how comparatively aggressive and less subtle some the FC newer mix is, so the DC mix might provide a more authentic non-voiceover experience.

There are 2 options:

- A 24gb 1080p mkv, with all the above tracks included
- A compact 4gb 720p mp4, with just the FC mix

I'm not sure when I'll get 'The Alternate Cut' finished, it might be this year, it might be next.  There's a lot of footage to go through.  Then maybe I'll do a blu-ray with both cuts together.

Here's a version of the first poster I worked up for this project about 5-years ago:

50417010282_48336cb26e_h.jpg

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Are you planning on putting a blu ray disc together?

Edit: ignore me. You mentioned it in your post and I completely missed it somehow!

SeaCom

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Really appreciate all your hard work on this, TM2YC.

Top Bottom