• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Blade Runner: The Penultimate Cut (TM2YC)

darthrush

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
WOW! This is just beautiful. I particularity love what you did with Roy's skin tones in the scene. Definitely my most anticipated fan project right now.

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
looks amazing,we as fans are so lucky to have editors like you
fixing and always creating magic with your edits.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
First encounter with JF is done:

(Password: fanedit.org)

TheUltimate

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Beautiful work. I’ve only ever seen The Final Cut more than once, and the color grading always bothered me.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Are we there yet? Are we there yet? This is looking fantastic. Thanks for doing this.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sorry y'all. Not much progress recently, it's not really been fanediting weather in the UK.

41406994020_86c726bdbc_o.gif

balliol

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just posting to say that I was going to show Blade Runner to an informal film-philosophy society at my uni, but I'll wait until this version is finished!

TheUltimate

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
balliol said:
Just posting to say that I was going to show Blade Runner to an informal film-philosophy society at my uni, but I'll wait until this version is finished!

That is actually a wonderful idea. You could discuss the importance of color grading if there’s a spot it could fit along with the philosophical elements.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This will take months to do so I wouldn't wait around for me to finish.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The 2nd half of Pris and Sebastian scene is done. It took a lot of fine tuning to get all the shadows, highlights and colours just right as it's way over bright on the blu-ray:

There doesn't seem to be a Final Cut comparison in any higher res than this on youtube:

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
See if you can spot the subtle difference between the DVD colours and blu-ray colours during the unicorn dream :D :

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
See if you can spot the subtle difference between the DVD colours and blu-ray colours during the unicorn dream :D :

If you look very closely you may notice the extra words on the bottom half, after "Blu-ray". Any other difference is so subtle the two are basically identical. Less work for you.

:D Lol

darthrush

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Really great work on the Pris and Sebastian scene. That is always the one scene that stands out to me of looking the worst on the blu-ray.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The photo analysis scene is now done. Lots of shadow and defuse lighting to complicate getting every shot to match the DVD. Not much happening in the scene and it's 4.5 minutes long but here it is for those that are interested:

Next scene to tackle is animoid row.

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
The photo analysis scene is now done. Lots of shadow and defuse lighting to complicate getting every shot to match the DVD. Not much happening in the scene and it's 4.5 minutes long but here it is for those that are interested:

Next scene to tackle is animoid row.

Not much happening but it is one of my favourite scenes from BR. I personally find it very meditative.

As ever good work TM2YC. This will be one of the highlights of my Fanedit.org existence when this is complete.

I'm not up to speed with colour correction or even the software you use to do it - I hear Davinci - is a good programme.

Maybe one day you can provide us with a tutorial or am I being cheeky by asking

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Last Impressions said:
I'm not up to speed with colour correction or even the software you use to do it - I hear Davinci - is a good programme.

Maybe one day you can provide us with a tutorial or am I being cheeky by asking

I'm just using Vegas and it's built in options. Mainly the 'Color Curves' and 'Color Corrector' plugins. It has taken me years (I think?) of practice to understand how 'Color Curves' can manipulate the image. In theory it's the only tool you need but I fall back on others because they are simpler and quicker to get certain results.

Animoid Row is complete. The DC blu-ray wasn't too far away for this scene, except the monitors with the snake scale closeups on, they were drastically over brightened and over saturated, to the point that I didn't think I'd be able to get them back again. I experimented with masking in footage from the DVD (not ideal given the low resolution) but got the BR source to look right in the end.

Top Bottom