• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Blade Runner: The Penultimate Cut (TM2YC)

nova2727

Reaction score
Trophy Points
awesome work,it always amazes me why the studios use horrible grading in there movies

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Final part of the Zhora chase is complete (following on from the last clip):

(password: fanedit.org)

That bit was tough to get every shot just right. Rapidly edited and so many different coloured lights flashing on and off, making each frame different.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
nova2727 said:
Amazing work

Thanks.

The next scene (meeting with Bryant & Gaff) was a lot easier and quicker to fix:

(Password: fanedit.org)

This takes the project over the 1-hour mark, so still about 50-minutes left to go.

nova2727

Reaction score
Trophy Points
nicely edited,i love how you got the lighting just right in that outside rain scene

Crimson713

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Excellent work as always. Very excited to see you making progress.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's been a couple of months since I did anything much with this project so I'm going to try and keep to a goal of completing a minute per day, which would still take at least a couple more months.

I've finished Leon's scene since the last update (2 replicants down, 2 to go ;) ):

Cavolon

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Really hyped for this final cut looks like trash compared to your regrade.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Another few minutes complete. Rachel back at Rick's place. It's mostly a dialogue scene but has some lovely lighting changes:

Cavolon

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
Another few minutes complete. Rachel back at Rick's place. It's mostly a dialogue scene but has some lovely lighting changes:

Keep up the good work!

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Any chance for a November 2019 release date? I'd very like my first experience to be this version. :)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
theryaney said:
Any chance for a November 2019 release date? I'd very like my first experience to be this version. :)

It's not impossible, as long as I stick to my goal of completing an average of 1 minute a day... I'm currently 3-minutes behind on that schedule :D  (Hopefully I'll get back on track this weekend).

Here are another couple of minutes of Rachel chillin' at Deckard's flat. This kinda stuff is what was missing from 2049 IMHO. I could watch dreamy Jazz scenes like this all day (even through nothing is happening plot/dialogue wise). It's all about the romance and atmosphere:

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
It's not impossible, as long as I stick to my goal of completing an average of 1 minute a day... I'm currently 3-minutes behind on that schedule :D  (Hopefully I'll get back on track this weekend).

I've got it back to only 30-seconds behind ;) .

That's Rick's apartment scene done now:

On to the last act of the film next. Roy, Pris, JR, Tyrell and the showdown with Deckard.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Moe_Syzlak said:
Are you tackling the most egregious stuff first?

No, I've been working from start to finish. I'm up to 1hr 13mins, with the last 39 minutes still to go.

Plissken1138

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
at 48 sec in the clip I'm seeing some weird flickering on the music sheet.
otherwise, stellar work!

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Plissken1138 said:
at 48 sec in the clip I'm seeing some weird flickering on the music sheet.

Well spotted but it's just the lighting/air in that shot flickering through the sheets of paper. Same on the DVD and blu-ray. Thanks for taking such a close look. :)

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
1 day before TM2YC completes his work, Ridley Scott announces an official re-grading/re-release:

it-crowd-maurice-moss-frustration-fuck-this.gif

Top Bottom