• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Blade Runner: The Penultimate Cut (TM2YC)

I'm currently rendering out a very basic blu-ray trial run of the Final Cut recreation. Just to see how it looks. If it checks out I'll start making proper menus and stuff. Maybe I'll get the project done this year? ;)

I'd forgotten how long DVD Architect takes to render. Even with a newer, faster PC, it's still got 6 hours to go.

TM2YC said:
I'm currently rendering out a very basic blu-ray trial run of the Final Cut recreation. Just to see how it looks. If it checks out I'll start making proper menus and stuff. Maybe I'll get the project done this year? ;)

I'd forgotten how long DVD Architect takes to render. Even with a newer, faster PC, it's still got 6 hours to go.

I think I used that as well, but I exported in h.264 blu ray from premiere/media encoder and DVD Architect accepted it without transcoding. Unless you're referring to the disk ISO creation, which could take a bit yeah.

TM2YC said:

So does that mean you’ve locked the actual editing? Are you going to make a file only version available?

Moe_Syzlak said:
TM2YC said:

So does that mean you’ve locked the actual editing? Are you going to make a file only version available?

Probably locked and yes I'll do a file version too.

TM2YC said:
Moe_Syzlak said:
TM2YC said:

Probably locked and yes I'll do a file version too.

So cool. I can’t wait.

Cool ...after a week of the washing machine breaking down ...the screen failing on my 4K TV and carted off to the menders and now the high winds knocking out my internet (i have very limited access at the moment) this news has cheered me up. I know i shouldn't moan about my first world problems but they say they come in three's....My 12 year old daughter is also asking when we can have a Blade Runner marathon again but i'm refusing to watch it again until the TM2YC regrade is complete :)

Refresh my memory, is this to be straight up regrade of the FC or are you making some tweaks beyond color correction? I’m thinking of one scene in particular.

Moe_Syzlak said:
Refresh my memory, is this to be straight up regrade of the FC or are you making some tweaks beyond color correction? I’m thinking of one scene in particular.

It's an attempt to recreate the Final Cut but using a regrade of the Director's Cut as the basis. It's meant to be what the Final Cut almost was and probably should have been. Just subtle little fixes to continuity and wire removals, with something closer to the original colours, without that harsh green-blue tint. It'll play like the Final Cut but actually only features a few seconds of Final Cut material. If you are referring to the Unicorn scene?, yep that's in this version and plays the same way as in the Final Cut.

Last Impressions said:
My 12 year old daughter is also asking when we can have a Blade Runner marathon again but i'm refusing to watch it again until the TM2YC regrade is complete :)

Awesome. You both might have to wait a while yet but we'll see :D . Hopefully sometime in September.

TM2YC said:
Hopefully sometime in September.

Ooooh! I'm so excited, I might dream of electric sheep tonight. ;)

TM2YC said:
Moe_Syzlak said:

It's an attempt to recreate the Final Cut but using a regrade of the Director's Cut as the basis. It's meant to be what the Final Cut almost was and probably should have been. Just subtle little fixes to continuity and wire removals, with something closer to the original colours, without that harsh green-blue tint. It'll play like the Final Cut but actually only features a few seconds of Final Cut material. If you are referring to the Unicorn scene?, yep that's in this version and plays the same way as in the Final Cut.

Ah, okay. I’ll have to make that trim myself. :p Beggars can’t be choosers.

I have an odd relationship with Blade Runner. Seen it so many times - will likely keep watching it, will probably never love it.

Really looking forward to this version though. It's also my brother's favourite film, so I'll have to show it to him when its ready.

I had a watch through (for the first time in a long while) and I was very pleased with it apart from a few shots and two places where I'd missed spinner wire removals and a continuity fix in the VK scene. Then I realised I'd accidentally watched an old unfinished version of the project. So in one way it was a waste of time  :D but in another way it was a valuable exercise because it was reassuring and encouraging that I was still very happy with it in an "inferior" version :) .

I might have underestimated how long it will take to prep and edit all the audio tracks but hopefully this won't take more than a couple of weeks. Unless I've missed any, these are all the audio tracks I have across various DVDs and blu-rays of Blade Runner. The Final Cut ones will require little or no editing but all the other versions will need carefully edited and mixed to sync them up.

- English language tracks:
Final Cut English 5.1
Theatrical Cut (with voiceover) English 5.1
Director's Cut English 5.1
Workprint English 5.1
Director's Cut 1999 DVD English 2.0

- Other languages:
Final Cut Spanish 5.1
Final Cut French 5.1
Final Cut German 5.1
Final Cut Italian 5.1
Theatrical Cut (with voiceover) French 5.1
Director's Cut 1999 DVD French 2.0
Director's Cut 1999 DVD Italian 2.0
Director's Cut 2006 Remastered DVD German 2.0

- Official commentaries:
Final Cut Stereo - 1 - Ridley Scott
Final Cut Stereo - 2 - Hampton Fancher, David Peoples, Michael Deeley & Katherine Haber
Final Cut Stereo - 3 - Syd Mead, Lawrence G. Paull, David Snyder, Douglas Trumball, Richard Yuricich & David Dryer
Workprint Stereo - Paul M. Sammon

- Fan commentaries:
??? (haven't looked into this yet)

Here are some screenshot comparisons for now:

50318980321_8854cbde7b_k.jpg

Wow. You have a mighty task ahead of you. Awesome you're gonna have all those audio tracks available though.

All those screencaps look great.

Iv'e said it before but i'm gonna say it again. Thank you for doing this TM2YC. ..Them screencaps just show us how much this gruelling process needed to be carried out. I for one will be forever grateful.

Very meticulous work @"TM2YC" It looks like the best regrade i seen so far if i check your screenshot.

Back
Top Bottom