• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

BLADE RUNNER: ALL FRAMES & XTRA V.O. EDIT

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here's another from the WRAITH vault.

But before I start, if you want to see the ultimate edit for purists that dislike the VO, watch TM2YC's edit, The Penultimate Cut. PERIOD.

If you liked the VO, wanted more but dislike the Workprint, then this may be for you.

This version tries to do two main things:
- include every frame from the Theatrical Cut, International Version, Directors Cut and Final cut
- add a handful of additional VO lines, correcting them for pitch and pace so they sound like Deckard and not a pissed off Mr Ford delivering lines under contractual duress.

This involved selecting a handful of extra lines (2 mins in total) from over 40 mins of available VO; only relevant lines to the plot points of existing dialogue or character ere chose. Then I had to slow them down since they tended to be delivered quickly. Then pitch correct them coz they were spoken in differing tones of voice, thus making it consistent.

The base for this edit is the FINAL CUT grade, but where material is used from other version, I have placed a tiny marker in the lower right (in the black area) which if NOT the Final Cut, tells you where the material is from . DC= Dir Cut, IV, International Version, WP = workprint....yes there are a few tiny segments in there, but NOT the hospital visit.

Much like my CE3K Edit, I wanted it all which also means there is now a unique unicorn sequence with some telling added VO - nuff said.

How much time gets added with EVERY FRAME versions? 5 mins. RT 121.5 mins

This sounds like a light edit, but the longest unbroken Final Cut section runs 19 minutes and there are over 100 meanderings in and out of differing versions to get EVERY OFFICAL FRAME. As an example, ina 2 min stretch as the camera pans down on Deckard at the Sushi bar, the edit goes into the WP for a line of dialogue, then DC, IV, DC, Xtra VO, FC, Xtra VO, FC, TC, FC, IV and finally back to FC. coz the shots vary in length, and , for instance, there is now a close up on the sushi plate. This however is NOT not padded out with workprint material. Just a couple of shots. les than 30 secs overall. The blue hue from the Theatrical cut in the Ice lab and a few other scenes has been retained as well.

SO,,I hear you ask, what are the extra lines?

Trust me, they are VERY carefully selected. If you want all the VO, watch the workprint...this ain't it. This is my perfect-dream version of Blade Runner . I no longer have to shout "I saw his thumbs go in, I'm sure it was like that", and "where did the VO go"....and "that's a different unicorn". Well , I've managed to retain all the shots of the horned beast with a little surprise too. Much like The Godfather, it turned out to be a far harder edit to pull off that I anticipated, but I've sat on it for near on 3 years, so here ya go. I even rendered it without any VO, just in case I one day get pissed off with it, but VO is the one I will submit and my GO TO version.

Happy to answer any Qs.

Finally, here' my intro card to tease you (no spoilers)

Last edited:

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Tomorrow, I'll post an audio file of an additional line of dialogue "before and after" being corrected, so you can all see what I mean and did.

kd4sydney

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'd really love to see this edit... it's kindof what I wish the released "Final" would have been. Did it ever make it to fanedits.info? thx

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Pleased you enjoyed it.
THANKS

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I can see you are new to the forum...have a look at the rules. Watching is possible.

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
UPDATE

For a very short period the UBER size version is loaded. Please PM accordingly.
This is the 23GB file with the altered LOS ANGELES 2029 caption opening...

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
For a second I thought this was the UBER files for your Godfather epic and I was very confused about what kind of flash forward scenes I must have missed.

ThomsThinema

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi Wraith, i'm not a Blade Runner expert. Is there a comparison somewhere that shows the difference between the workprint VO and your edit?

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi Wraith, i'm not a Blade Runner expert. Is there a comparison somewhere that shows the difference between the workprint VO and your edit?
Above is a youtube that does just that

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
UPDATE:

UBER SIZED M2TS BD READY file is now loaded.

PM/Message me accordingly.

Top Bottom