• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Blade Runner 2049 - Savage Cut

FrameSniffer

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

Savage Cut Coming Soon Trailer

Happy New Year all. I'm in the final stages (now completed and approved) of a Blade Runner 2049 edit, titled 'Savage Cut'. The edit will be submitted over the next 3-4 weeks. I'm currently finishing up some masking work and also double checking that I've not accidently lost any meaningful scenes / dialogue during the edit.

To whet your appetite a little. I've reworked, re-ordered, merged many several major scenes in this film. I've also removed a few scenes that I felt didn't align with the story I wanted to watch. I hope the edit will inject a little more soul and brutality into the film, along with some changes to the storyline that adds a little more grittiness/mystery to Officer K.

I'm not planning on producing a trailer (trailer now produced) for the edit and wondered what peoples thoughts were on not having a trailer?

Regards

FS

Change list:
1. Moved Niandar and Luv’s unveiling of a new model scene to the start of the film.
2. Moved food market, K and hooker scene forward to help with the new chronology of events. Muted some of Freysa’s conversation with Mariette and the other hookers, to help with the new chronology of events.
3. Merged officer K and Sapper encounter scene and K’s revisit to Sapper’s home into one sequence. Introduced Lt Joshi into the flight scene to help explain why the box under the tree has been dug up prior to K’s arrival. Added flashback to help join the discovery of the tin box in the piano. Introduced slow motion whilst K walks away from Sappers burning home.
4. Shortened initial base-line scene and introduced some cuts from that scene earlier. This turned out to be a nod to the original film but the intention was to build more tension prior to the base-line.
5. Shortened Joshi’s voicemail message to K during Joi and K’s first outdoor scene, to help with the new chronology of events.
6. Removed Joshi and K’s exchange about the sock. I felt this was pretty weak dialogue wise and having officer K conceal some evidence helped K seem less passive.
7. Muted “we’ve just stopped a bomb going off” comment by Joshi during K’s debrief. Felt the dialog worked better without this comment and as noted earlier, I didn’t by in to the premise that replicants reproducing was a massive issue in the first place.
8. Added Mesa audio track from Blade Runner 2049 CD during the tense moment whilst K explains (misleads) Joshi about ‘taking care of’ the child.
9. Replaced dramatic music during the transition scene from Lt Joshi’s debrief to K’s home where Mariette, Joi and K meet, with Blade Runner Blues from the original film CD.
10. Added small clip of audio from track ‘The end of Things’ from Gary Numan Savage Album where Mariette finds the wooden horse.
11. Removed Joi’s activation jingle, to add more tension to the scene where Joi finds Mariette inspecting the wooden horse.
12. Removed K jokily asks Joi if she wanted a coffee.
13. Remove dialog relating to Joi and K’s discussion around transferring Joi to the mobile emitter.
14. Added subtle bee sound effects to fix sudden cut in the original film where the bee audio stops abruptly.
15. Removed K’s fight scene with Deckard and subsequent exposition that didn’t move the plot along.
16. Several cuts made to Deckard’s capture.
17. Luv is introduced during Deckard’s capture and attacks Deckard prior to him being taken away in a spinner.
18. Muted dialog where K mentions Rachels name and where K hears Deckard’s voice during a reflective moment during the resistance scene.
19. Trimmed interaction with Joi advert. Advert dialogue is now much shorter.
20. Deckard does not refer to K as Joe in the ocean rescue scene. This is the last we see of K, he walks off sounding and looking resentful.
21. Removed K from the final scene where Deckard meets his daughter (Stelline). Felt this scene was stronger without K. Added a moment of reflection before Deckard ascends the stairs to the upgrade centre.
22. Changed final scene music from ‘Tears in the Rain’ to ‘Rachel’s Song’.
23. Reduced overall film length by 19 minutes.

Preview of First Baseline Scene (change number 4)

Scene Comparison #1 (change numbers 7, 8 & 9)

Scene Comparison #2 (change numbers 10 & 11)

Last edited:

FrameSniffer

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Current Box Art for Blade Runner 2049 Savage Cut GA 1.0
It's hard to locate a high res version of this image, so I have upscaled a lower res version for now. I'm also working on a trailer for the fan edit. Additionally a member of the forum has very kindly offered to give me feedback on the full version FanEdit (which is now finished). If anyone else is interested, please let me know.

Feedback appreciated :)

<a f=

Wakeupkeo

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just a personal request but I’d LOVE to see a cut list. There are a more than a few 2049 edits out now and knowing what is different here would be awesome. It’ll still come down to execution so don’t worry about “giving away too much” that so many worry about…

Just a suggestion lol

FrameSniffer

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just a personal request but I’d LOVE to see a cut list. There are a more than a few 2049 edits out now and knowing what is different here would be awesome. It’ll still come down to execution so don’t worry about “giving away too much” that so many worry about…

Just a suggestion lol
It's a great suggestion. I'm currently documenting the edits and will post them here :)

FrameSniffer

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Change list:
1. Moved Niandar and Luv’s unveiling of a new model scene to the start of the film.
2. Moved food market, K and hooker scene forward to help with the new chronology of events. Muted some of Freysa’s conversation with Mariette and the other hookers, to help with the new chronology of events.
3. Merged officer K and Sapper encounter scene and K’s revisit to Sapper’s home into one sequence. Introduced Lt Joshi into a spinner 'new' in-flight scene to help explain why the box under the tree has been dug up prior to K’s arrival. Added flashback to help join the discovery of the tin box in the piano. Introduced slow motion whilst K walks away from Sappers burning home.
4. Shortened initial base-line scene and introduced some cuts from that scene earlier. This turned out to be a nod to the original film but the intention was to build more tension prior to the base-line.
5. Shortened Joshi’s voicemail message to K during Joi and K’s first outdoor scene, to help with the new chronology of events.
6. Removed Joshi and K’s exchange about the sock.
7. Muted “we’ve just stopped a bomb going off” comment by Joshi during K’s debrief.
8. Removed K asking Joi if she wanted a coffee.
9. Remove dialog relating to Joi and K’s discussion around transferring Joi to the mobile emitter.
10. Removed K’s fight scene with Deckard and subsequent exposition that didn’t move the plot along.
11. Several cuts made to Deckard’s capture.
12. Muted dialog where K mentions Rachels name and where K hears Deckard’s voice during a reflective moment during the resistance scene.
13. Trimmed interaction with Joi advert. Advert dialogue is now much shorter.
14. Deckard does not refer to K as Joe in the ocean rescue scene. This is the last we see of K, he walks off sounding and looking resentful.
15. Removed K from the final scene where Deckard meets his daughter.
16. Reduced overall film length by 19 minutes

FrameSniffer

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
First preview of Savage Cut. Quite a simple change this one.

Shortened initial base-line scene and introduced some cuts from that scene earlier. This turned out to be a nod to the original film but the intention was to build more tension prior to the base-line.

kinnikuman

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I loved the first blade runner so much that I avoided watching this one - when I finally did maybe I didn’t give a chance. Id love to watch your cut as my official second viewing

kinnikuman

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was reading that tinder people prefer the sequel ! Another reason to revisit lol

FrameSniffer

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I loved the first blade runner so much that I avoided watching this one - when I finally did maybe I didn’t give a chance. Id love to watch your cut as my official second viewing
Wasn’t a huge fan to start with but 2049 grew on me a little during the edit but I prefer my version to the official release. Once there’s an approved version of my edit, reach out to me 😊

Top Bottom