• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Blade Runner 2049: EYE-MAX Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbghost

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
full

Blade Runner 2049: EYE-MAX Edition​

What is this edit?​

This edit combines the 2.39:1 Bluray home release of Blade Runner 2049 with certain scenes from the 16:9 "open matte" version of the film, with the intention of giving home viewers a taste of the "IMAX experience"

Why make this?​

While some of the panoramic exteriors and spectacular action scenes benefit hugely from the expanded aspect ratio, much of the rest of the film is better suited to widescreen format (Deakins and Villeneuve tend to agree on this).

Is this just the "open matte" version of the film?​

No, only certain scenes are extended to 16:9, mainly the larger-scale action scenes, as well as some some brief exterior sequences.

Are any other edits made to the film?​

No changes have been made to the runtime or edit of the film.

A full list of extended-frame scenes:
  • K approaches Sapper's farm
  • K approaches the LAPD
  • K approaches Wallace headquarters
  • K and Joi journey into the San Diego junkyard
  • K approaches the Vegas hotel
  • The underground bring K back to LA
  • K pursues Luv and Deckard

full
full
full
full

Last edited:

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So is that a right place for this thread if that is not really a fanmix or fanfix?

bbghost

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was going to ask this, as i'm not really sure? There doesn't seem to be a sub-forum for preservationist projects. Would this fit more under special projects?

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes, Special Projects would be the correct location.

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That forum doesn't exist.
Oh...I did not realise since Preservation Listings is one of the two main categories for submissions of edits...Maybe that forum could be set up....especially if the idea for next year having a new category considered for FEOTY could be exactly that...Preservations (Film or TV)...

Last edited:

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@bbghost Where did you buy the 16:9 "IMAX" version of the film?

bbghost

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I bought the 4K Blu-ray for home theatre use. The open matte version was not purchased but acquired elsewhere through an industry contact. If this disqualifies the edit from being listed as a preservationist work, so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom