• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Black Widow: Declassified/Redacted - Complete

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
UAO3nar.jpg

Black Widow: Declassified is an extended edit of Black Widow that reinstates 8/9 of the deleted scenes available on the blu ray. All the deleted scene have been colour matched to the original footage. The 9th scene which is an alternative post credit sequence might be added back in as well but finding a satisfactory way to do so is presenting me a challenge at the moment.

An alternative cut entitled Black Widow: Redacted will feature a new introduce that does away with the first 15 minutes of the film. This shorter edit might have additional trims throughout the film and will not feature the 9th deleted scene as it links to the footage from the the intro.

Here is a sample of the new intro. Please be advised it features spoilers for Endgame:

A work print of the Redacted cut will be available soon, previewers are wanted so if you are interested please reach out.

Last edited:
Interesting; with this opening you retain the viewing order that Black Widow should be watched after Endgame.
I was thinking to separate the post-credits clip (with the Countess) as a stand-alone clip to be viewed between Endgame and Falcon/Winter Soldier, while the film itself comes between Cap 3 and Infinity War. (In which case the alternate ending doesn't fit because there's no down-time for Natasha: it's straight back to work).

Here's a suggestion for an additional short scene to add in your extended: in the blooper reel, there are brief shots of Natasha and Yelena drinking beer (before they steal a car from a garage). Take the last shot ("drinking problem") then the preceding shot, and insert those between clinking their beer bottles and driving on the highway. Use only the center channel, fill the others with a repeat/extension of the music that starts while the women are talking.
Result: a brief new scene which humanizes (de-idealizes, if that's a word) Natasha and creates a callback to Stark's alcoholism.

Lovely idea @lapis molari, the blooper real is fun but I never thought of using its footage.

Re: viewing order. The Declassfied version will not feature the Endgame content and as such could be viewed as part of an "chronological MCU rewatch", its simply an extended cut. The Redacted version is more of a go-to version for myself which trims the film and tweaks various aspects to my tastes. I know this film came after Endgame, I can't escape it, and as such I felt framing this film as "Natasha's life flashing before her eyes" was a nice farewell to the character.

How many deleted scenes are there on the Blu-ray? There may be more than just 9, IDK.

How many deleted scenes are there on the Blu-ray? There may be more than just 9, IDK.

You have already asked me this question over on discord twice and I replied both times. The initial post in this thread states the number of scenes as well. I'm at a loss as to why you keep asking. Although you do tend to ask this about a lot of edits for some reason...

How many deleted scenes are there of this film?

Information like this is readily available. You literally can just Google the answer for this or any other film for that matter. In Black Widows case it is the first result. Or you could simply look at your blu ray and find out. Either way, I would appreciate you not repeatedly asking me the same question.

You have already asked me this question over on discord twice and I replied both times. The initial post in this thread states the number of scenes as well. I'm at a loss as to why you keep asking. Although you do tend to ask this about a lot of edits for some reason...

Information like this is readily available. You literally can just Google the answer for this or any other film for that matter. In Black Widows case it is the first result. Or you could simply look at your blu ray and find out. Either way, I would appreciate you not repeatedly asking me the same question.
Heh. Good point. I've really got to work on that.

Right, I've spent a few days on this and I'm now satisfied with the regrading work I've done on the deleted scenes.

I have now completed the initial workprints for both the Redacted and Declassified cuts.

Declassified is simply an extended cut with 8 deleted scenes added back in giving a total runtime of 2:21:17 compared to the theatrical 2:13:38

Redacted removes the entire flashback sequence from the start opting to begin with the manhunt for Black Widow. It features 7 deleted scenes and an alternative end credits scene giving a total runtime of 2:03:40. There may be additional cuts to this once I watch the work print. I have decided against incorporating the endgame content in this cut making this a chronological cut not a release order cut.

Last edited:
Both versions are ready to go and will be my April release.

Kudos. I look forward to the Declassified version when it’s officially released.

It was, it should be on IFDB

Yeah, I see Redacted listed, but am not finding the Declassified version listed on the site...

Hey folks.

There appears to be an audio issue for my Redacted file for some reason the uploaded version is playing back slightly muffled audio but the original is fine as is the time line.

I have invested in some more online storage and will be hosting a reencoded version along with the declassified version too which will get it's own ifdb listing.

Sorry for any issues folks.

Back
Top Bottom