• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever - Midnight Angel Edition

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Blu-Ray came out a week ago in Australia, so I'll start work on this soon, so I thought I'd park this thread here, as I'll start editing in the next few days.

An extended cut of course! Well, with another few little changes.

CHANGES

- added Okoye trying to steal a ship to find Shuri, before being stopped by the Dora Milaje, and the new leader, Ayo. Aneka leaves the Dora Milaje, as she can't stand with them anymore.
- added Everett Ross disgusing himself as an MI-6 agent, to sneak into the NSA and wipe Riri's laptop and all files relating to the Vibranium tracker
- added Okoye talking to her uncle, as he implies the Border Tribe may want to take over Wakanda, with her as queen
- added Okoye meeting Shuri in Haiti, saying her goodbyes, but saying she would be there if needed, anytime
- recut the ending, to attach the post-credits scene onto the end of the film, playing as one long, unbroken scene

Okoye gets a lot more play in these deleted scenes, and I feel her scenes add a lot to her character. The first new scene also adds some more to the secondary members of the Dora Milaje, Ayo and Aneka, who I felt seemed underplayed in the film but also their importance seemed overplayed. This helps combat that.

The ending, much like Spider-Man: Far From Home, is oddly split as a mid-credits scene, which I dislike immensely. I can kind of get it with the emotional ending, but even then it's odd to come back to that scene. Here I would like to reattach the scenes together as one, flowing into the credits.

YRKrT3B.jpg

kidjupiter92

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You never cease to excite me, BD. I am most definitely looking forward to this.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You never cease to excite me, BD. I am most definitely looking forward to this.

Glad to know there is some excitment behind it! Okoye and Everett really felt underplayed in the theatrical cut, so I'm happy they get more play in this cut, and I hope people enjoy it!

Speaking of which, here's the opening to Everett Ross infiltrating the NSA. I made a custom location card for this as there is nothing in the deleted scene that establishes where it is, but the script states where and what's going on. Animated it using the Wakandan alphabet, frame by frame, close to the other ones in the film.

tDHN0GS.png

Also created subtitles for all of the Wakandan dialogue for the deleted scenes as the disc uses generic fonts. I also noticed that every language has differently coloured subtitles, Yellow for Wakanda, Blue for Talokan, and White for French/Other.

7ilWveu.png

RAhA6dU.png

6pVE1Gn.png

lapis molari

Better edits through feedback.
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If you shift the scene of Okoye springing Ross from the van to the mid-credits, then it takes place after she tells Shuri goodbye. That way it shows that Okoye stays active where needed instead of only suggesting it.
(The Ross-in-van scene doesn't have bearing on the conclusion of the movie, so it doesn't need to happen before the finale scene on the beach.)

As a bonus, it let's the movie keep a mid-credits scene.

JosephDQuinn

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If you shift the scene of Okoye springing Ross from the van to the mid-credits, then it takes place after she tells Shuri goodbye. That way it shows that Okoye stays active where needed instead of only suggesting it.
(The Ross-in-van scene doesn't have bearing on the conclusion of the movie, so it doesn't need to happen before the finale scene on the beach.)
OOOOOH I like this idea a lot! I even just pulled up the movie to rewatch the ending and this scene could be moved seamlessly without the core film missing a single beat. It's also the perfect length for a mid-credits stinger.

Hugely excited for this. I'm a big fan of Bobson Dugnutt's MCU extended editions, so I definitely will want to check this out when it's done!

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Another mini-podcast, breaking down the edit and all the fun stuff in it!

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
- added Okoye trying to steal a ship to find Shuri, before being stopped by the Dora Milaje, and the new leader, Ayo. Aneka leaves the Dora Milaje, as she can't stand with them anymore.
Were you able to finish the vfx?

recordwrangler95

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm definitely excited for this one.

As much of a mess as the theatrical cut was, there was some serious potential for a pleasantly unconventional superhero movie about grief and the legacy of historical suffering without needing to get bogged down in macho clowning like the first BP did. Walking out of the theatre, I was more excited to see some good fan edits than anything... so this sounds very promising...

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Were you able to finish the vfx?

I wasn't able to sadly, as the half-finished stuff was pretty baked in. People who watched the preview of this didn't feel like it was distracting, and I think the addition to the narrative overwrites any visual issues.

I'm definitely excited for this one.

As much of a mess as the theatrical cut was, there was some serious potential for a pleasantly unconventional superhero movie about grief and the legacy of historical suffering without needing to get bogged down in macho clowning like the first BP did. Walking out of the theatre, I was more excited to see some good fan edits than anything... so this sounds very promising...

Hopefully this delivers something you're interested in! Personally I think I'm also looking forward to tremault's cut of it too, cutting it right down. Am excited to see it.

Top Bottom