• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Biohazard: Uprising

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
mbc0Y11.jpg

At last! My fanedit of Resident Evils Afterlife and Retribution is DONE and ready for release! :D

Here's what's changed:

ADDED: Aztek Fan Edit Classics bumper to start.
CHANGED: Opening. It now begins with the scene from the end of Afterlife.
NEW: Opening credits.
NEW: "My name is Alice" prologue using voiceover from Afterlife and clips from the previous three films.
CUT: Wesker inquiring about lost sentries.
CUT: Extra shot of Alice emerging from air vent.
CUT: "Hey boys, is that any way to treat a lady?" The clones just perforate them buggers.
CUT: Wesker asking for damage reports on the facility.
RERRANGED: Osprey scene to get the dialogue to flow better.
CUT: "Last words?"
CUT: 40 second pan around of the interioir of the Osprey when it crashes.
REPLACED: "Six months later" title card.
CUT: Fade out before Alice lands in the airplane graveyard.
CHANGED: The airplane graveyard scene (and the beach) have been darkened.
CUT: Crows flying from the empty plane before Alice is attacked.
CUT: Fade out after Alice discovers the scarab.
CUT: Fade out before Alice and Claire continue travelling.
CHANGED: The tracking shots have been changed from green to red to reflect that (in this version) Wesker has gone rogue and the Red Queen is monitoring them.
CUT: "Technically it's called crashing."
REMOVED: Some digital artifacts/damage in the nighttime prison scene.
CUT: Luther's quip at Alice not being able to land the plane again.
CUT: "I have time to waste."
CUT: "Until we made a discovery."
CUT: "You don't trust me" exchange between Chris and Alice.
CHANGED: Darkened the shower room where the undead breaks through the floor to make it appear to actually be night.
CUT: Axeman walking through the streets.
CUT: Chris telling Alice they can't go back the way they went to the armory. You don't say?
CUT: Prison rooftop escape scene.
TRIMMED: Slow motion during Axeman fight.
CHANGED: The end of the Axeman fight with Claire killing it instead of Alice.
CUT: "Looks like Bennett made it" to make his fate more ambiguous (word of God, aka editor: he died).
CUT: "We have to search every part of this ship."
CUT: Entire Wesker encounter.
ADDED: Bits from the opening scene (the Ospreys approaching the Arcadia) and Jill walking amongst the Umbrella troops over Alice's speech.
INSERTED: Arcadia battle. It's primarily sourced from the scene in Retribution immediately following the opening credits, with a few rearrangements and a shot taken from the credits was added back in here. Slow motion was also added (again, from the credits) in a few spots near the end.
CUT: Entire "Suburbia" sequence. It worked to introduce Becky, but since we're following Alice, we really don't need to see her until Alice finds her.
CUT: Alice's line "Now the real question is..."
CUT: Alice preparing the blow the windows out of the Umbrella Prime control room.
CUT: Barry's line "Looks abandoned" in reference to the Umbrella ship graveyard.
CUT: "Do you trust her?"/"Put in the numbers."
ADDED: Deleted scene with Jill in the control room.
RECUT: The New York and Moscow scenes are now edited to appear to take place simultaneously.
CUT: Undead springing from the closet in the house before Alice finds Becky.
RECUT: The Moscow sequence is now peppered through the Suburbia sequence.
ADDED: Deleted scene with Ada and Alice in the house.
CUT: Ada hiding. We see her grab the gun, but not shooting out the floor in the house.
CUT: Alice being shot in the side. This went absolutely nowhere in the theatrical cut of Retribution. At all.
CUT: "Sweet ride."/"Well this is Moscow." What does that even mean?
CUT: Leon saying Ada "always has a plan."
CUT: Alice asking Barry and Leon if they'd "mind" shooting at their pursuers.
TRIMMED: The car chase a bit.
CUT: Alice and co. getting out of the car.
CUT: Super Licker bursting from the rubble.
CUT: Another instance of Alice being wounded.
CUT: Leon's "Told you she had a plan." Calm yourself, loverboy.
CUT: A bit of hangtime right before Alice and Jill start punching each other.
CUT: "I'm coming for you!" Good for you! :D
NEW: End credits.
REPLACED MUSIC: "Army of Me" by Bjork and "Not Your Kind of People" by Garbage.

Final running time is 145 minutes, or 2 hours and 25 minutes. As previously mentioned in the "In The Works" Thread, I'm including a deleted scene and the full Arcadia battle on the BD-25 and MKV versions of the edit. I'm also going to be doing a DVD-5 release that will split the film across two discs to better maintain picture quality.

The MKV version is already uploaded. The BD-25 is finished, but I'm trying to figure out where to put it, so that will be available in a week or so. I'll be submitting the edit to the main site tonight or tomorrow and everything will be available through the usual channels.

:)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
YAY!

I love the poster art! hee hee!

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I almost....almost....had the title a bit lower, but it looked better where it is...and I'm sure you're not complaining!

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
All of the info and such has been submitted to the main site. :)

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Aztek463 said:
All of the info and such has been submitted to the main site. :)

Cool, I'll have the page published tomorrow, but it'll be a front-page release next week.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Resident Evil movies are pure guilty pleasures for me.
They are park your brain at the door and just enjoy the ride action packed adventures.
I mean, what's not to love? It's Milla Jovovich is tight fitting outfits killing zombies!!! Sounds perfect to me! LOL!

Needless to say, I am a fan of Aztek's BIOHAZARD fan edits.
They are edits that are made with passion and love, that really focus on the strengths of the RS movies and create a great rollercoaster ride for the audience. And this latest installment is no different.

Combining AFTERLIFE and RETRIBUTION into a single story works fairly well as there is enough narrative carry over from the first film into the second that it feels mostly natural. Though the actual bridging scene (attack on the Arcadia) comes across as extremely brief and sudden, but I think Aztek made the best of choices out of the situation since he was forced to cut around the opening credits. The movie did feel a tad long, but again I am not certain how much more or what could be cut without losing important plot or character moments.

The video quality looked great (I watched the MKV on my computer) and I did not notice any issues with audio. No jarring cuts or any technical issues that I could see. A very well produced fan edit project.

Solid good fun, and clever alternate viewing experience. Thumbs Up!

wayne.workman2012

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just noticed this...

The black bars at the top and bottom of the video are part of the video...

I.E. they are not generated by the media player due to the resolution being wider and shorter than my computer display's resolution. They are part of the video which means they will always be there no matter what shape your screen is or what resolution you're running at.

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Right. The only time that they are generated by the media player is if you are watching an anamorphic video on a 4:3 television.

B

BioHuntix

I have Retribution in my shelf, but I have not seen it yet, it would be really funny to see your edit first haha. I haven't really seen afterlife that many times either, so what you actually edit may totally fool me.

LeonKennedy

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Would luv to watch this, Afterlife is one of my fave RE films along Retribution and Apocalypse.
Could you please send me the mkv? Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom