• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Best way to get a 70s look

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey all, brand new to the site. I've done some minor video editing back in the day, wrestling DVDs mostly for an old torrent site, but am new to actual film fan edits.

I am trying to do something with Star Wars that I don't think has ever been done before....I'll definitely share the idea when I'm sure I can actually pull it off.

I've figured out Vegas (Pro 12) enough to create a mini trailer for my project, but for the actual footage, I am looking to get a 70s film look and am not sure which plugins to start with. A little grain or dust, maybe a little flicker. Any plugins that will give my footage a more vintage look without being totally inorganic.

I've searched youtube for tutorials, but it seems that old 70s look isn't popular? lol .. Imagine, trying to find a way to decrease video quality. ;)

Great to be a part of the site, some of the guides in the forums have already contributed to my new Vegas knowledge, very much appreciated.

Thanks y'all!

if you go onto youtube and type sony vegas preset packs you'll come across many different effects you can add to your video. there all free to download, i have a 1970's preset which i can simply add to a video. below is a video to give you an example of the many effects you could add

[video=youtube_share;7XuMIvPcmmA]

leeroy said:
if you go onto youtube and type sony vegas preset packs you'll come across many different effects you can add to your video. there all free to download, i have a 1970's preset which i can simply add to a video. below is a video to give you an example of the many effects you could add

[video=youtube_share;7XuMIvPcmmA]

Thanks and... why do all people who upload really helpful tutorials to YouTube have spectacularly bad taste in Dance music? Somebody should do a scientific study to find out how and why these two sub-sets of human behaviour intersect.

TM2YC said:
Thanks and... why do all people who upload really helpful tutorials to YouTube have spectacularly bad taste in Dance music? Somebody should do a scientific study to find out how and why these two sub-sets of human behaviour intersect.

so much this.

Back
Top Bottom