• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Best Superman 2 Fanedit

Which is the best Superman 2 fanedit

• Superman 2 - The Last Son Of Krypton by father merrin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Superman 2 - The DejaVu Cut by Litemakr

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Superman 2 - The Booshman Cut by booshman

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Superman 2 - The Hybrid Cut by adigitalman

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Superman 2 - The Last Son Of Krypton by stevejo86

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
With Richard Donner creating an all professional fanedit from his abandoned work, a new era of fanediting started, or at least this was an inspiration to do more.
Now when you start thinking about it, it was GL himself, over-editing his movies, who gave the idea to take back or add more to Star Wars... so it seems that its the professioanls, who are responsible for the fanedits...
intersting. :)

Anyway, this here is about the best of all currently avaialble Superman 2 fanedits, make your choice:

jamiemark

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm pretty pleased with my own Superman 2 edit (though I doubt I'll release it as there are still some obvious cuts that annoy me), but I'll go with the Booshman edit.

DragonAngel

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I liked the BOoshman cut in terms of the ideas, but some stuff seemed odd. When Zod uses super speed to grab the gun, it sounds right but doesn't look right. And the open ended ending didn't seem to work as well here as it does on the Deja Vu cut. In the Deja Vu cut, leaving Lois with her memories is necessary because it completes the story of Superman accepting the past and living with what he did.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
There's another Superman II cut coming soon that may very well top all of these, it really redefines the term "fan edit".

As for what we presently have in the poll, Hybrid Cut by ADM, though Deja Vu is superbly crafted in concept.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zarius said:
There's another Superman II cut coming soon that may very well top all of these, it really redefines the term "fan edit".

As for what we presently have in the poll, Hybrid Cut by ADM, though Deja Vu is superbly crafted in concept.
if this refers to something someone else does, then it is a nice post. But if it refers to something you did, well, then it sounds a bit strange. Others will decide how good the quality of something is.

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points

Great! I love to see a new edit that will redefine fanediting.
You sound pretty confident, so why not just mention the name of this fanedit and its faneditor?

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
boon23 said:
Zarius said:

if this refers to something someone else does, then it is a nice post. But if it refers to something you did, well, then it sounds a bit strange. Others will decide how good the quality of something is.

I'm talking about someone else's edit. He's not based here, but I'll be sure to point him in the site's direction. His name's Selutron

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
In terms of storytelling, my favorite fan edit by far is ADM's SUPERMAN II. It takes the best elements of both cuts and merges them into the sequel that Superman II should have been. :smile:

In terms of creativity, I really enjoyed THE DEJA VU CUT. It was fresh take on both cuts that works very well! :)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zarius said:
boon23 said:
Zarius said:

I'm talking about someone else's edit. He's not based here, but I'll be sure to point him in the site's direction. His name's Selutron

WOW!!!! Check out these clips immediately! If this guys can pull all this together into one cohesive edit, it could be the the best SUPERMAN II edit ever!

In particular, check out what he did with the Niagra Falls bedroom scene... its amazing stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Selutron&p=r

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
yep, he is good with layers. BUT this is youtube quality. I want to look forward to it, so I am not getting excited yet.
We have all seen the greatest effects with the weakest plots before.

jamiemark

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Still, some creative editing there. I look forward to watching a full version if it ever sees the light of day.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
boon23 said:
yep, he is good with layers. BUT this is youtube quality. I want to look forward to it, so I am not getting excited yet.
We have all seen the greatest effects with the weakest plots before.

What would you say are examples of steller editing, but less attention to story?

DawgLB

Reaction score
Trophy Points
has Selutron rlsd his edit yet? i see on youtube he rlsd the ending 4 months ago

JMB

Reaction score
Trophy Points
There was an interview with this guy. It is on the Superman Homepage but I can't seem to get it to load:

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/movies/ ... w-selutron

Well, he certainly is clever and passionate, though he did bang on Michael Thau's work a good deal.

I do agree there were better solutions to some parts, but I definitely don't think it's the complete disaster he makes it out to be either. The way Selutron goes on, his cut BETTER be the best one ever.

Lest we forget, it's a minor miracle any Donner Cut of 2 was released at all- perfect or not! The first Superman wasn't perfect either; they did what they could with the time and resources they had. That's what Thau did. They work within a system. I would have done it differently myself, but I wasn't endorsed by Richard Donner. Thau was. And he did it with best intentions as a fan of Donner and Superman. I can give the guy some leeway.

DetectiveStrange

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have yet to see any Superman II edits, but am planning on doing so in the future. It seems to be one of the most popular subjects for fan edits (which makes sense considering the wealth of material).

It's been over ten years since the poll, and there have been several new edits of this film since then. Any thoughts on which is the best edit as of today? From what I gather, ADM, Booshman, and Ollie W are the three edits that are the most highly regarded.

tylerdurden389

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Booshman has re-done his edit (several new drafts I believe), and his latest one is the best IMO. I would say hold off for a bit and follow his current thread where's he's working on it in HD. He plans on adding branching options so that ALL fans are satisfied.

Top Bottom