• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Best Star Wars 3 In 1

LeonVIII

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I hope there isnt a thread about this already, i searched and didn't see one, but i'm hoping to hear from everyone and discover the best 3 in 1 Star Wars edit. i think we are mainly sticking to the Prequel Trilogy (Even though War Of The Stars is a 2 In 1 of the Original Trilogy definitely worth checking out) after hearing about extensively hearing Tophers edit that'll never see the light of day, i was hoping to learn more about all the 3 In 1 Prequel Edits. its hard to just search for that here even with the IFDB IMO and im not sure if there are edits not talked about on this website (like possibly in OT) and was hoping to hear about some from people here more knowlegable than me

SpectacularSMan

Reaction score
Trophy Points
LeonVIII said:
I hope there isnt a thread about this already, i searched and didn't see one, but i'm hoping to hear from everyone and discover the best 3 in 1 Star Wars edit. i think we are mainly sticking to the Prequel Trilogy (Even though War Of The Stars is a 2 In 1 of the Original Trilogy definitely worth checking out) after hearing about extensively hearing Tophers edit that'll never see the light of day, i was hoping to learn more about all the 3 In 1 Prequel Edits. its hard to just search for that here even with the IFDB IMO and im not sure if there are edits not talked about on this website (like possibly in OT) and was hoping to hear about some from people here more knowlegable than me

I'm pretty sure it doesnt have a page on here, but Star Wars: The Blackened Mantle is the best thing I have ever seen come out of the prequels. It uses the Japanese dub of the movie and rewrites the movies and characters using the subtitles. It mainly uses episode 3, with one and two being shown in flashbacks. It is my favorite fanedit that I've ever seen, and I got more emotionally invested in the ending of that movie than in any Star Wars product that isnt KOTOR or the OT. I can't recommend it enough.

LeonVIII

Reaction score
Trophy Points
hhhmmmm i caught a couple min on youtube... its not bad at all...i like how they handle 1 & 2 in flashbacks.... and i always love japanese dubs...ill probably try to catch more, but i was thinking between edits like:

Top Edits:

Star Wars I-III: Reimagined - NewSpock Edit
Attack Of The Phantom Sith - SamSpider3 Edit

Other Edits Like:
Star Wars: Shadow Of The Old Republic - JasonN Edit
Star Wars Rise Of THe Empire - Lewis866 Edit

Edits Not On The IFDB:
Star Wars: A Galaxy Betrayed - SwagBEditor Edit

And how people who have seen them rank it, or seen one of these and recommend if they r worth watching

HyperDown

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've watched way too many prequel edits (including those mentioned above).  My top pick for a 3-in-one is the Neon Noir edit by OnlyYodaForgives.  It's available on youtube.

It has a darker tone, completely different music score, and is sooo good.  From what I've read about the Topher Grace edit, this is pretty similar.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
HyperDown said:
I've watched way too many prequel edits (including those mentioned above).  My top pick for a 3-in-one is the Neon Noir edit by OnlyYodaForgives.  It's available on youtube.

I like OnlyYoda's version a lot, too.
This very much carries a Miami Vice look to it.
Several members suggested he create a larger filesize, and perhaps boost the dialogue gain a bit.
Didn't happen, and he has been inactive awhile now.

DetectiveStrange

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've only seen maybe three prequel fan edits - though I've read lots of descriptions and discussions about them - so my knowledge is limited, but I've got to second the above praise for The Blackened Mantle. That rewritten script made me care about Anakin and Padme - quite an accomplishment considering I hold no love for the prequels. In fact, I'd say that I love the story it presented. 

Technically speaking, it could use some work with its editing - the transitions, tightening up the pace in some sections, and cutting more of the more mindless Geonosis action. There's an awkward flashback or two. But in terms of story it's the best prequel edit far and away that I've seen or read about. I showed it to my girlfriend - who's never seen the prequels before - and though the flashbacks confused her twice in the film, she loved it.

As for Neon Noir, it sounds great, and I'd like to watch it someday. But I must admit, the idea of a new score turns me off. It's John Williams! Those films feature two beautiful pieces of music (Duel of Fates, Love Across the Stars).

Top Bottom