• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Best Sequel Trilogy edits?

almightycutie

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was specifically looking at DonKamillo's AntiCringe edits vs Hal's sequel edits. As someone who like episode 7 a lot and really disliked 8 and 9, which do you think would be the best edits to go for?

LOL I think that is a great way to describe the two main buckets for the Sequel Trilogy Edits  - 8 Positive or 8 Negative. (I have an edit that combines 7,8 & 9. But since I really liked 8, I doubt you'll like it.) 

Having said that, my edit used Hal's 7 & 8, so I strongly suggest his edits across the board. Love his stuff.

Wakeupkeo said:
LOL I think that is a great way to describe the two main buckets for the Sequel Trilogy Edits  - 8 Positive or 8 Negative. (I have an edit that combines 7,8 & 9. But since I really liked 8, I doubt you'll like it.) 

Having said that, my edit used Hal's 7 & 8, so I strongly suggest his edits across the board. Love his stuff.

Yeah, to me, the main beats of the overall story are in 8. But I don’t feel like it was executed well. It has too many characters to try to accommodate and its focus is scattershot.

My broad issues with the ST:

7: great new characters but was lame and unimaginative in pretty much every other way.

8: great central stories for Rey/Ben/Luke/Snoke. Everything else felt tacked on.

9: there’s not much good I can say about this. I really can’t think of a legitimate reason for it to exist.

For episode 7, I love Hal's but it's also the only one I've seen.

For episode 8, my favorite edit is also Hal's because I am personally a big fan of 8 and Hal's is pretty conservative, but if you are more negative on 8 I'd recommend poppasketti's TLJ: Rekindled, which goes a little further than Hal's in altering bits that some people took issue with.

I enjoyed Hal's episode 9 but I also think this film is kind of beyond saving without a major rework. I'm holding out hope for his eventual "Rey Nobody" version of the edit.

I like "The Fallen Knight" cut of Episode VIII. I enjoyed the original VII and IX enough I haven't checked into any fan edits.

Back
Top Bottom