• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Best ripping program for MAC

Dr. Chim Richalds

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Moe_Syzlak said:
I ended up watching the first half of Solo on the plane the other day and have renewed interest in doing a light edit of it. I’m no editor and just use iMovie. Is there a way to get a movie purchased in iTunes into iMovie?

You'd have to remove the DRM to use it.  Which used to be widely available using programs like TunesKit, but literally all of the DRM removal tools don't work anymore on the last 2 OS's.  Here's a thread with some folks discussing it:
https://forums.fanedit.org/showthread.php?tid=17631
If you had an older OS, then yeah, one of those programs would work.

Ryantology - does Handbrake export in editing formats (prores or AIC)?  I'd love it if so!  
[I'm pretty sure you can use mp4s/m4v's in iMovie but not sure the results would be very smooth for editing.]

Dr. Chim Richalds

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Can anyone who's upgraded confirm if makemkv is still working on Catalina?  I haven't upgraded since High Sierra just to make sure.

Ryantology

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I’ve had no issues with MakeMKV in Catalina so you should be good. I found another program in the vein of pavtube that also works with Catalina but I’m not currently around my computer and I can’t remember the name off the top of my head. Let me know if you’re interested and I’ll get the info to you.

Dr. Chim Richalds

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ryantology said:
I’ve had no issues with MakeMKV in Catalina so you should be good. I found another program in the vein of pavtube that also works with Catalina but I’m not currently around my computer and I can’t remember the name off the top of my head. Let me know if you’re interested and I’ll get the info to you.

I would definitely be interested! Thanks!

tjb_unofficial

Reaction score
Trophy Points
For anyone interested, MakeMKV still working on Apple M1 chip OS12.6 and still free in Beta!

Although I've been getting a bug (which seems to have been reported on their site) where a confirmation of write location popup repeatedly appears on occasions. Hammering the "OK" button eventually makes it go. A little frustrating but I'm not using the software constantly.

Top Bottom