• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Best Recommended Edit of Prometheus...

roseofpain

Reaction score
Trophy Points
As a prequel to Alien with it's own original story, Prometheus was just a major disappointment for me.

The fanedit versions listed here look promising based on the changes made and I've heard good things about Giftbearer, but I wanted to know if maybe Special Edition or Unbound might be better?

beezo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, I'm certainly biased in favor of my edit, but each edit has it's own plusses and minuses. Neither of them are bad edits and all of them improve upon the source material. TM2YC has a Prometheus edit in the works that might end up being the definitive edit. So, if you're only going to watch one, you might want to wait for that to surface and get reviewed first.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
beezo said:
Well, I'm certainly biased in favor of my edit, but each edit has it's own plusses and minuses. Neither of them are bad edits and all of them improve upon the source material. TM2YC has a Prometheus edit in the works that might end up being the definitive edit. So, if you're only going to watch one, you might want to wait for that to surface and get reviewed first.

TMBTM*

Easy to get their names confused in abbreviated format, but TM2YC is Take Me To(2) Your Cinema, and TMBTM is The Man Behind The Mask. You probably know this and that was probably just a typo, but I've seen others make the same mistake so hopefully this is helpful info to someone somewhere.

And I'll toss in a recommendation for Agent 9's edit, solely because of finishing the deleted scenes that were used in the edit. If not the best, it's at least worth checking out just for the effort put into it.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
their love child: TMBYC or TM2TM. :)

Smithers

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm gonna go with Agent9's version, many many subtle changes have been made to improve the film and it definitely pays off. Also it's available in 3D if you want that

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Did you check to ensure all versions are currently available?

parasiticgannon

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I know Derelict isn't on your list, its a combination of Alien and Prometheus and I was glued to the tv for 2 1/2 hours.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've got Giftbearer and Special Edition downloaded and ready to watch. The only one I've actually seen is JobWillins Prometheus/Covenant edit (Paradise) which is very, very well done. It doesn't replace Prometheus for me, but it's certainly way better than Covenant. The climax is greatly improved as well.

Didn't realise TMBTM had one in the works. I look forward to that!

ProfMarvel

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really liked the Giftbearer Edition over the Unbopund Edition, but it was close. I liked the Intro to the Unbound Edition a bit more though.
For me, it made Prometheus and also Covenant more plausible, it shows more where David's Vision came from originally.

stferguson78

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I vote for Paradise as it takes the best of both Prometheus and Covenant to tell a more complete story focussed on the most interesting character- David

Top Bottom