• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Best MATRIX sequels re-edit?

so we should expect lots of movies and crappy spin offs and sequels and prequels in the future?

SCC could have been good. I actually enjoyed season 1 for the most part. With proper terminator music, and some trimming of television bullshit, it could have been decent. I started watching season 2 and it is tehsuck big-time so far.

I think this was just a start, the terminator spin-offs could get really bad...

like this?

ArnieBeari.jpg

woah!! those are awesome. the Hannibal one is cute yet disturbing ;D

Is Lionsgate set to take in The Terminator Franchise?!?:

http://www.moviehole.net/201022916-lionsgate-terminated

"Lionsgate look set to snag the rights to the “Terminator” franchise from debt-ridden Halycon International, says Variety.

Though Sony and Summit were also said to be keen on offering the T-800 food-and-shelter, Lionsgate have trumped both shingles’ offers – dangling $15 million and a 5% cut of future gross receipts in front of Halycon’s Derek Anderson and Victor Kubicek (what a lousy offer though!? Can only imagine how squat the other offers were!).

Should Sony, Summit, or another company want to put themselves back in the race, they’ll have to top Lionsgate's offer by at least $500,000. They have to Feb 4 to do so.

(Though the rights to the films will head home with a new owner on Feb 4, the auction for the "Terminator" assets -- which include the rights to future "Terminator" pics, TV series, DVDs and merchandise -- will be held four days later, on Feb. 8.)

Halycon,who bought the rights to the series from Mario Kassar for $30 million (for those with a calculator, that’s twice as much as Lionsgate as offering), told the bankruptcy court late last year that they valued the “Terminator” franchise to be worth more than $70 million.

So... if Lionsgate do end up with the “Terminator” franchise, what will they do? Will they go the “Terminator Salvation” sequel route? Reboot the series? Or greenlight a “Terminator” vs. “Rambo”? Any will be fine... so long as they don't retain McG's services..."

Sony is throwing their hat into the ring to own the Terminator franchise!:

http://www.horrorbid.com/blog/blog1.php/2010/02/05/sony-enters-the-terminator-bidding-war

"Sony Pictures has thrown its name into the “We want to own the Terminator hat”. Artisan back in the day was the first studio to own the franchise, followed by Lionsgate, then recently Warner Bros. With a solid foreign box office intake, the film – Terminator Salvation - did okay during its American summer box office run last summer, but sold like hotcakes on DVD and Blu-ray...

Follow up:

Here’s the latest: Sony’s joined Lionsgate in the bidding on the rights to the “Terminator” franchise.

The studio had no comment but a source close to the bidding confirmed that Sony submitted a bid Thursday, the final day for submitting offers.

Lionsgate stepped up last month as the first bidder for the rights to the “Terminator” franchise with a “stalking horse” or floor bid of $15 million and a 5% cut of future gross receipts.

Halcyon Group put the franchise up for sale in September-. The auction for the “Terminator” assets — which include the rights to future “Terminator” pics, TV series, DVDs and merchandise — will be held Monday at the offices of FTI Consulting in Los Angeles, followed by a bankruptcy court hearing two days later.

If Lionsgate doesn’t win the auction, it will receive $750,000 as a breakup fee from the winning bidder.

“Terminator Salvation,” the fourth film in the franchise, was produced by Halcyon with Warner Bros. handling domestic distribution and Sony taking international. It carried a production pricetag of about $200 million and took in $371 million worldwide.

Halcyon paid Mario Kassar $30 million for the “Terminator” rights in 2007, then filed for Chapter 11 as a result of a dispute with hedge fund Pacificor, which financed the purchase. At that point, Halcyon toppers Derek Anderson and Victor Kubicek told the bankruptcy court that they valued the “Terminator” franchise above $70 million."

My thoughts, I think Sony should definitly own the Terminator franchise cause it kinda fits with their studio.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner! And the winner is...Pacificor!:

http://www.horrorbid.com/blog/blog1.php/2010/02/09/breaking-news-terminator-franchise-sold

"This came out of left field as far as companies go. In a late night bidding war, the film rights to the “Terminator” franchise was sold to Pacificor, of all companies for 29.5 million, out bidding both Sony and Lionsgate. The previous owner, Halcyon Holding Corp will get 5 million for every new “Terminator” film and they will get to continue to milk the revenues from Terminator 3 and 4. Terminator 4 (Salvation) made over 350 million worldwide...

Follow up:

Does this mean we will soon see a new Terminator movie? If Lionsgate had won the bidding, word was that it was going to be a total reboot, back to simple man on Terminator action like the first two movies.

Pacificor is a hedge fund company and probably not in the movie making biz themselves but I guess everyone starts at the first one. Despite the lower intestinal discomfort that Salvation gave me, we’d still spend my allowance to see another Terminator. Salvation had no balance. Too many Terminators, too grim. We need more humour and one or two at most scary tin plated human hunting death dealers. More news as we get it."

Damn they beat me to it ;D

Back
Top Bottom