• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

best last jedi fanedit

Cavolon

Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
Are there any edits that make it so that Luke is actually there in the final battle? I know I*an Or*ega is doing something like that, but I mean other than his edit.

Unfortunately no

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Are there at least any edits that add a proper Wilhelm Scream to the film at some point?

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Please no.

I'd rather other edits take it out from most of the other movies.

poppasketti

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's in Hal's Legendary for sure, when BB-8 is in the AT-ST.  It's not in Rekindled, because I cut that scene.

Collipso

Reaction score
Trophy Points
poppasketti said:
It's in Hal's Legendary for sure, when BB-8 is in the AT-ST.  It's not in Rekindled, because I cut that scene.

oh, thanks. i haven't watched any fanedits of TLJ yet because i don't have the bluray, so that's why i didn't know :p

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I hear The Last Jedi: A Spark of Hope is pretty good. Granted, I did the edit so I may be biased  :p

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
self-promotion-meme.png

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I fundamentally dislike the movie, so I don't watch many edits for it. I'm unable to make myself forget that the original is the real version. But that being said, I did enjoy Spark of Hope. But I know it can't replace the theatrical version.

I think it's worth waiting until after episode 9 to make edits, so that we know what can be cut without disrupting canon. So in that case, if you don't fundamentally hate the movie, then the extended edit mentioned above is probably the best, because adding stuff shouldn't disrupt the canon, I don't think. I haven't watched it though.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@"Zarius", please see this post regarding said edit and editor.

DigModiFicaTion said:
Due to his choices that violate our rules, further discussion and promotion of his edit(s) should be moved off site.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sorry @"DigModiFicaTion" , didn't see that post, I'll edit mine

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I found another Last Jedi edit last night called "The Coward's Cut", it's meant to be a satirical edit made by someone who loved Last Jedi, but wanted to make an edit that would appease those who hated the film. It follows a lot of the same beats as other LJ edits have, but it eventually starts rearranging scenes, Finn wakes up much later in the movie and his relationship with Rose is largely skirted over, Holdo tells Poe her plan as soon as they meet, and, in an idea I wanted to use, Luke goes straight to helping Rey shortly after she arrives.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
JXEditor said:
I recently posted a TLJ edit in a similar vein as that of Ivan Ortega's though to send an all-too-different message. For them what wants it, it can be found on FireMerkStudios' website (Google it, I don't feel totally comfortable linking to a hosting site). I will almost definitely create an IFDB page for it in the future, though I doubt it will get much of a ITW page, because, as I said in the comments of the edit itself, "My work is done. [cat emoji]" (I made the point I wanted to make).

Oh, that was "The Coward's Cut", I'm watching that right now, your description for it is so snarky :p

Top Bottom