• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

best last jedi fanedit

Galahaddulac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
How does the DonKamillo Version hold up against HALs Legendary, because i cant decide which one of the two I should watch right now! :) HAL does get menetioned a lot here, but DOnKamillos Edit is about to win the FEOTY Award, so apparently there is something very good about it?

there are indeed a lot of edits on the OT Forums, i havent seen any of them. Is there any one in particular worth checking out? i was thinking about rekindled and/or clean cut.

oh boy, so many options... cant thank all of them editors enough, for all the hard work they put into the movies i like so much.

ChainsawAsh

Reaction score
Trophy Points
FYI, Rekindled is basically Legendary with deeper cuts (note that I'm not trying to put down poppasketti's work on it, Rekindled is my favorite!), so if you get, say, Rekindled and decide it goes too far, Legendary should be up your alley, and vice versa if you think Legendary didn't go far enough.

I haven't checked out many others though, as mostly they go farther than I'd like (as I mostly liked the movie as released). I was very intrigued by Darthrush's ideas, but he's gone dark for a while, and poppasketti covered most of what I liked about Darthrush's plans anyway.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Galahaddulac said:
How does the DonKamillo Version hold up against HALs Legendary, because i cant decide which one of the two I should watch right now! :) HAL does get menetioned a lot here, but DOnKamillos Edit is about to win the FEOTY Award, so apparently there is something very good about it?

there are indeed a lot of edits on the OT Forums, i havent seen any of them. Is there any one in particular worth checking out? i was thinking about rekindled and/or clean cut.

oh boy, so many options... cant thank all of them editors enough, for all the hard work they put into the movies i like so much.

I haven’t seen all of the edits, but my understanding is the primary difference is whether or not Canto Bight is included or excluded. I, personally, am not interested in edits that retain that side quest. DK’s is, AFAIK, the only edit listed on this site that excludes CB. But it’s not my favorite TLJ edit.

Galahaddulac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ChainsawAsh said:
I haven't checked out many others though, as mostly they go farther than I'd like (as I mostly liked the movie as released). I was very intrigued by Darthrush's ideas, but he's gone dark for a while, and poppasketti covered most of what I liked about Darthrush's plans anyway.

Thanks for the info! I guess ill give Legendary a try. What edit is Darthrushs?

ChainsawAsh

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Doesn't really matter since it isn't done and he hasn't been around in months, but it's an edit started by a user named Darthrush at OT.com.

ChainsawAsh

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh, my bad. Somehow I missed he had an account here, and hadn't seen him around OT since October/Novemberish.

So, yeah - that's the one I was talking about. Thanks Frink!

lapis molari

Better edits through feedback.
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I like Canto Bight for showing us the war profiteering that's going on. The Clone Wars cartoon ran a similar story with the banking clan. I think it adds a credible dimension to the story, and it opens the door for future stories that I would be interested in.

With that context in place, I strongly recommend @"ebumms" extended edition. It is VERY well executed. My full review is on IFDB.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Galahaddulac said:

@"Hal9000" = guaranteed quality due to his awesome QC and feedback loop he has established. Even if you don't agree with it 100% you probably won't be able to tell what he's taken out/rearranged unless you've memorized the film.

DonKamillo removes Canto Bight, leaves Leia in space, adds a green saber and alters the ending. The saber looks great. You have to go along with some of Rose and Finn's wardrobe switching, but it's not too distracting. 

At this point I believe there are only three edits of this movie on ifdb. Proof that this is a pretty hard edit to do, or simply that not enough editors feel it's worth the effort.

ChainsawAsh

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's also attracted a lot of new editors that aren't listed in the IFDb, and the review process for new editors is lengthy.

That or they don't know about IFDb/don't care to submit their edits, or in some cases the edits are a little too rough for IFDb inclusion anyway.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ChainsawAsh said:
the review process for new editors is lengthy.

The length of the review process is primarily effected by the readiness of the edit being submited.

That or they don't know about IFDb/don't care to submit their edits, or in some cases the edits are a little too rough for IFDb inclusion anyway.

This as well.

JXEditor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
I won't watch any edit that removes Holdo.

Why? If you don't mind me asking. I don't have a problem with Holdo, but I can still appreciate good editing. If there's an edit that removes Holdo really well I'd probably watch it just to see how it's done, if nothing else, to inspire an edit that I might need somewhere down the line.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
JXEditor said:
TVs Frink said:
I won't watch any edit that removes Holdo.

Why? If you don't mind me asking. I don't have a problem with Holdo, but I can still appreciate good editing. If there's an edit that removes Holdo really well I'd probably watch it just to see how it's done, if nothing else, to inspire an edit that I might need somewhere down the line.

I rarely rewatch movies anymore because I just don't have the time.  I'm not going to watch an edit from an academic standpoint.

EDIT: Not to mention that people generally want to remove Holdo for reasons I don't agree with, or in some cases for reasons I find downright offensive.

Collipso

Reaction score
Trophy Points
just checked out ortega's youtube channel and BOY... i'm not watching his edit, period. no matter how good it is.

JXEditor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I recently posted a TLJ edit in a similar vein as that of Ivan Ortega's though to send an all-too-different message. For them what wants it, it can be found on FireMerkStudios' website (Google it, I don't feel totally comfortable linking to a hosting site). I will almost definitely create an IFDB page for it in the future, though I doubt it will get much of a ITW page, because, as I said in the comments of the edit itself, "My work is done. [cat emoji]" (I made the point I wanted to make).

Cavolon

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Collipso said:
just checked out ortega's youtube channel and BOY... i'm not watching his edit, period. no matter how good it is.

why not?

Collipso

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ErnestoTheEditor said:
Collipso said:

why not?

let's just say me and him fundamentally disagree on how to handle the current state of the Star Wars franchise, not to mention how he keeps asking for his subscribers' money and his incredibly offensive clickbaity videos. the guy's an absolute jerk, and doesn't deserve to be part of the fanediting community imo.

i mean, seriously? actual video titles: "Rian Johnson & Lucasfilm Get Roasted on Diss Track Edited By Me", "Mark Hamill Destroys Rian Johnson and Disney with Comments about The Last Jedi", "Why Incredibles 2 is Trash"

i mean, i disliked some aspects of TLJ too, but jesus christ, grow up man

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm fairly confident I've never watched any video with "roasted," "diss," "destroys," or "trash" in the title.

Well maybe the last one was in a Sesame Street video.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Are there any edits that make it so that Luke is actually there in the final battle? I know I*an Or*ega is doing something like that, but I mean other than his edit.

Top Bottom