• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

best last jedi fanedit

Ducktailjiver

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hello all, looking for a quick list of all the last jedi fanedits or at least the best ones..

Thanks

George

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I made a list of all the ITW and completed edits on both here and OriginalTrilogy.com. I can't vouch for most of these being of any quality, but ebumm's Extended Edition was very good. 

Completed
DonKamillo's Anti Cringe Cut
Hal9000's Legendary
ebumms' Extended Edition

ITW
Pilusmagnus' Extended Edition
Motley's Fanedits' Extended Edition
Darth Rush's Dark Cut
ClarkZuckerberg's The Fallen Knight
The_Doctor's Echoes of Destiny 
cpal11's Busy Daddy Cut
PittStone's  Die letzten Jedi
MadManMoody Silent Edit 
TMBTM's Silent Edit
KobeSkywalker's Self Titled Edit
ranger613's Recut
DigMod's Legacy of the Jedi

OriginalTrilogy.com
isaac_likes_salad's Get Good Re-Edit
poppasketti's Rekindled
NeverarGreat's Starlight Project 
Macsvoltage's The Last Hope
natedeug's Polished edit 
EvenSteven's Firestorm
ForceGhostRecon's Watchable Edit
JamesColemanII's Re-edited
RyanG's Untitled Edit
TheLostJedi's Self Titled Edit
CodySolo's WCOYJ Cut
Handman's Light Edit
Swazzy's In Which I Cut Out Everything Except For The Scenes Concerning Luke, Rey, And Kylo Ren

Other
Ivan Ortega's Untitled Edit
The De-Feminized Fanedit

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
First of all, I felt this fitted better at the Fanedit Comparisons forum so I've moved it accordingly.

I haven't actually seen any released TLJ edits so far, but I think that if you are the person who really didn't like it, probably go for DonKamillo's Anti-Cringe Edit, if you want a tad lighter edit, go with Hal9000's Legendary edit, which I think seems very nice.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
theryaney said:
First of all, I felt this fitted better at the Fanedit Comparisons forum so I've moved it accordingly.

I haven't actually seen any released TLJ edits so far, but I think that if you are the person who really didn't like it, probably go for DonKamillo's Anti-Cringe Edit, if you want a tad lighter edit, go with Hal9000's Legendary edit, which I think seems very nice.

Yeah, I didn’t hate TLJ but I’m in the camp that believes Canto Bight was superfluous. It’s not that it didn’t add anything to the narrative, just that it felt superfluous. Therefore the first thing I check—a litmus test as it were—is whether or not that plot has been removed. I’ve watched the Zuckerberg and DonKamillo edits. Neither was perfect for me as they’ve made different choices, but a combo of the two would probably get me pretty close.

stferguson78

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The edit by Kobe Skywalker is the best I've seen so far, not sure what the current status of this one is though, don't think the editor has been on the forum in a while

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Why not look yourself?

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ducktailjiver said:
thanks all, can these all be found on info?

No, info has not been updated for a really long time, almost nearing a year.

You have to PM each editor if you want to get the links. The Edit Request Resource Form may help you if you're looking for any of the approved/completed edits.

Galahaddulac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I want to add that there WAS a fourth completed edit: SoboFilms "Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi: Recut". Which is currently in a phase of rework, if i understood correctly.

GK3

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Really want to watch the Sobo Films version now since it sounded amazing ! Ivan's work has looked fantastic but I think he's too busy. If he started a kickstarter I'd gladly donate to help him continue his amazing work. I just want to see a decent version of this film without the saber throw, milking, majority of canto bight and the added deleted scenes. It's really a shame how Episode 8 completely retconned and ignored every thing in Episode 7 which ruined both movies by being obstinate.

theforce

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am definitely waiting for Ivans work...he has done the most bold changes and is adding a light saber scene.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
theforce said:
I am definitely waiting for Ivans work...he has done the most bold changes and is adding a light saber scene.

He's also jeopardizing fanediting for everyone....

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ivan Ortega is a wry, arrogant, pretentious pirate, and his “improvements” to the Last Jedi is just a checklist of appeasements for angry, irrational fanboys. Seriously, how tf does replacing Holdo with memelord Admiral Ackbar improve the story?

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I do agree with everyone here. Ivan's trailer recently came out and it's simply breathtaking. There was a moment which literally made my jaw drop. I would say that some faneditors here could take note and integrate some of the editing choices into their own TLJ edits.

However, remember that rules are there to help people and keep this fanedit community running. You may have and share your opinions, but we (the forum team) have decided that it must be fair for everyone, not only the fans, but also the studio, cast and crew that all put in their effort into making this movie.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
tenor.gif

Yikes. I just watched Ivan's trailer. Not a fan. Not a fan at all. The reversed shot of Luke taking the saber looks like a reversed shot, the chosen cello cover music doesn't fit and overlaps badly with other music once Leia speaks (this isn't as big of a deal since that replacement music is only present because it's a trailer but still not a great presentation), the added voice was really awkward (strange accent/unsure speaker, poor mic quality, too loud overall in the mix), and the rotoscoped lightsaber is all wobbly. 

People are willing to look past a lot when they're angry about something specific, I think.

theforce

Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
tenor.gif

Yikes. I just watched Ivan's trailer. Not a fan. Not a fan at all. The reversed shot of Luke taking the saber looks like a reversed shot, the chosen cello cover music doesn't fit and overlaps badly with other music once Leia speaks (this isn't as big of a deal since that replacement music is only present because it's a trailer but still not a great presentation), the added voice was really awkward (strange accent/unsure speaker, poor mic quality, too loud overall in the mix), and the rotoscoped lightsaber is all wobbly. 

People are willing to look past a lot when they're angry about something specific, I think.

Luke hands the light saber over to Rey rather than throwing it over his shoulder.  If you follow his channel...he explains his decision as to why.
By far his edit is bold and ambitious...in my opinion not seen since the Phantom Editor....that's my two cents worth.

He got rid of the stupid and idiotic Hux "hello, are you there" scene. What nonsense.

theforce

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
Ivan Ortega is a wry, arrogant, pretentious pirate, and his “improvements” to the Last Jedi is just a checklist of appeasements for angry, irrational fanboys. Seriously, how tf does replacing Holdo with memelord Admiral Ackbar improve the story?

He does own the blu ray of the movie that now is his source material. I would say watch the whole edit before making judgments?
Its still a work in progress.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I won't watch any edit that removes Holdo.

Top Bottom