• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

best last jedi fanedit

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ivan's edit changes a lot of things that I don't think should be changed, but at the same time I am still excited because drastic reworkings intrigue me.

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
I won't watch any edit that removes Holdo.

I won't watch any edit that includes The Last Jedi.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
theforce said:
Luke hands the light saber over to Rey rather than throwing it over his shoulder.  If you follow his channel...he explains his decision as to why.
By far his edit is bold and ambitious...in my opinion not seen since the Phantom Editor....that's my two cents worth.

He got rid of the stupid and idiotic Hux "hello, are you there" scene. What nonsense.

I know why he did it. I still don't think it works. I simply don't think this edit will live up to the impossible hype, but that won't stop him from finishing, nor will it stop people who are angry about the film from claiming he fixed it, nor should it prevent you from enjoying it.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
L8wrtr said:
TLJ makes me sad.

latest

Galahaddulac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
this is all very interesting, but maybe we should return to the topic. which fanedit did you like the most, and why?

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well this is a comparison thread and we can talk about ones we don’t like, can’t we?

Maybe I was too harsh against Ivan, he did some good changes like cutting the Poe/Hux telephone gag. It’s the only change I liked that I can think of, but then again I stopped watching his videos long ago.

If I end up editing The Last Jedi I will watch his videos to take notes on what to do and not to do, but I still stand by my point on what he’s doing is essentially a fanboy appeasement checklist that fundamentally misunderstands why the original was the way it was.

Even if I completely agreed with all his changes, he still pirated the film at first and would have continued to do so if he didn’t want higher video quality. Also, he asks money from his fans for other people’s efforts: something that should primarily be a non-profit hobby.

@"CathyFulcherBaker" is the anti-Ivan Ortega and does what he does a million times better. She’s fair, modest, and genuine. But I digress.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Has any TLJ edit retained the phone gag? Seems hardly revolutionary to me.

CathyFulcherBaker

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
@"CathyFulcherBaker" is the anti-Ivan Ortega and does what he does a million times better. She’s fair, modest, and genuine. But I digress.

You have made my day and I thank you for it. <3 Kinda makes me wanna do a TLJ edit now... I don't know, I don't feel confident that I will definitely have anything new to add.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
CathyFulcherBaker said:
Masirimso17 said:

You have made my day and I thank you for it. <3 Kinda makes me wanna do a TLJ edit now... I don't know, I don't feel confident that I will definitely have anything new to add.

It's not about adding, it's about removing. And there is quite a bit to be removed that either hasn't been removed before, or was removed when it shouldn't have been. 
I think you could definitely make an improvement, but that's just me.

CathyFulcherBaker

Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
It's not about adding, it's about removing. 

I just want to clarify that I didn't mean "adding new footage" I meant "What would my fan edit do what others haven't done before? What am I adding to this film by making these edits if they have (likely) already been done?"

Then there's the question of if I purposefully avoid watching fan edits of TLJ as I did for ATOC or if I watch them for inspiration like I unintentionally did with Justice League (currently a long way off, and may not ever come to pass)

Maybe what I can add is the different communal aspect that comes with doing progress/vlog style videos over whole movie drafts or written descriptions of the changes? (I'm not claiming a classic use of forums for feedback is worse, but it is different, at least I feel so) I have made so many changes to the film I would never have made thanks to my viewers, often up to three per video I upload. It gets to the point where my edit feels more like "our edit" in terms of just how much input my viewers put in.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
CathyFulcherBaker said:
jrWHAG42 said:
It's not about adding, it's about removing. 

I just want to clarify that I didn't mean "adding new footage" I meant "What would my fan edit do what others haven't done before? What am I adding to this film by making these edits if they have (likely) already been done?"

I know, I was trying to be funny.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
There's an edit on OT.com called the "Clean Cut" which has interesting ideas like Luke being responsible for saving Leia in space and force-controlling her, but the editing needs work, there's a big cut to blackness when Luke learns of Hal, and then a dissolve to him outside the hut.

BandobrasTuk

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zarius said:
There's an edit on OT.com called the "Clean Cut" which has interesting ideas like Luke being responsible for saving Leia in space and force-controlling her, but the editing needs work, there's a big cut to blackness when Luke learns of Hal, and then a dissolve to him outside the hut.

He had worked on that and V3 is up for watching and some feedback.  :)

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
BandobrasTuk said:
Zarius said:

He had worked on that and V3 is up for watching and some feedback.  :)

Thanks for the info :)

Belgarath

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rekindled so far is my  favorite edit of TLJ. It's basically Hal's Legendary with additional cuts: No space walking. No Finn vs. Phasma fight. Rose doesn't save Finn. It's nice.

ChainsawAsh

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Belgarath said:
Rekindled so far is my  favorite edit of TLJ. It's basically Hal's Legendary with additional cuts: No space walking. No Finn vs. Phasma fight. Rose doesn't save Finn. It's nice.

+1. Poppasketti (and Hal, of course) done good. Rekindled has the best version of the saber toss I've seen, too - and it was as simple as Poppasketti shifting the music cue a bit.

poppasketti

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey, I'm so glad you enjoyed Rekindled! It is a collaboration, and Hal did an amazing job on Legendary. My version just went a little further in a few places to remove scenes that took me out of the movie.

I'm still waiting for it to reviewed by an academy member, but feel free PM me as it is finished.

Top Bottom