• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Best hobbit book edit?

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kerr's book cuts are very great, although that's LOTR. [MENTION=10544]ranger613[/MENTION] his Into the Fire (purist) cut of The Desolation of Smaug was VERY enjoyable and is HIGHLY recommended! :)
Don't really have a preference as for the first film.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kal-El said:
Kerr's book cuts are very great, although that's LOTR.

*checks thread title*

tumblr_m5x872LRRO1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

...........^Kal..................^Frink

Reactions: M4_

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I read 'book edit' and started typing and then I went back to it and thought 'meh I'll just leave that in' :p

@Ken: there doesn't seem to be a purist/book cut of the first film, only of the second one, and then some 2-in-1 or 3-in-1 edits.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Check out "The Hobbit: The Tolkien Edit". A 3-in-1 edit based off the book as closest as he could get. It was never submitted here due to using bootlegged sources (he came out with the edit when BOTA was still in theaters). But it's a pretty damn good edit and very faithful to the book. You can find it on his blog, which you can find by googling easy enough.

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My favorite so far is spence's. It includes some LotR appendix materials and a little extra that couldn't be cut for continuity but overall I'm very impressed with it.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Check out "The Hobbit: The Tolkien Edit". A 3-in-1 edit based off the book as closest as he could get. It was never submitted here due to using bootlegged sources (he came out with the edit when BOTA was still in theaters). But it's a pretty damn good edit and very faithful to the book. You can find it on his blog, which you can find by googling easy enough.

I don't get it. Can't he just redo it now with the Blu-Ray source after it was released, then submit it?

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
He can. If he wants to do so is a different question, and one that only he can answer.

Ken Poirier

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:

That's too bad. It would be nice to have an fenedit Official version. Kind of what I was waiting for. I tried to watch the first movie, but ended up auto editing it (ie. kept falling asleep). I watched about 20 minutes of the second and fell asleep never to hit play again. I was waiting for a good by the book edit to show up here before going out to buy all three discs. I guess I'll just wait a little longer. Thanks though guys.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is anyone doing a Nicol Williamson version?

hasmak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kal-El said:
Kerr's book cuts are very great, although that's LOTR. ranger613 his Into the Fire (purist) cut of The Desolation of Smaug was VERY enjoyable and is HIGHLY recommended! :)
Don't really have a preference as for the first film.
ranger's edit is probably the best edit of DOS, there is an unofficial purist edit of AUJ on the torrent network, you can search for ***torrent information removed by moderator***
I don't know if the torrent is still alive, if it is dead and you are really keen, let me know and I'll try to upload it for you.
There is also the Biblical Cut by " lf-pegip " links available on Tumblr, search for "The Hobbit The Biblical Cut" or for the editor name.
As far as I know, no one has done an edit of BOTFA on its own (if you know of any please let me know) , but there are several 3 in 1 edits available

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
hasmak said:
ranger's edit is probably the best edit of DOS, there is an unofficial purist edit of AUJ on the torrent network, you can search for ***torrent information removed by moderator***
I don't know if the torrent is still alive, if it is dead and you are really keen, let me know and I'll try to upload it for you.
There is also the Biblical Cut by " lf-pegip " links available on Tumblr, search for "The Hobbit The Biblical Cut" or for the editor name.
As far as I know, no one has done an edit of BOTFA on its own (if you know of any please let me know) , but there are several 3 in 1 edits available

Torrent information removed. Send a PM to hasmak if you want the details.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
the hobbit: the hobbit edition by newish member (newfoundling?) robertotankerly is quite good. he's waiting for the EE to come out later this year before completing it.

flaminio

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The "best" edit probably hasn't been created yet -- the EE of BOFA is supposed to include 30 or so minutes of extra footage, and will be out in November.

Top Bottom