• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Best FanEdits Top 5

Realbmansweden

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is my list of best fanedits according to me...

1. Terminator 3 - The Coming Storm (Uncanny Antman)
2: Star Wars Revisited (Adywan)
3: SW: A NEW HOPE (V3) (DARTH EDITIOUS)
4: Flatliners - True Nightmare Edition (CBB)
5: SW: The Empire Strikes Back (The ADigitalMan Special Edition)

This will probably change during time...

whats your favorite Fanedits for the moment???

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My list of best 5 fanedits, not created by me:
(just rating them by entertainment)

1. Hellblazer remixed by Jorge
2. The Descent - Scary As Hell Edition by 3Raz0r
3. Terminator 3 - T-Hope Edition
4. I, Robot: Hardwired by Scaperat
5. The Phantom Menace by Phantom Editor

Juk

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is my current top 5, but it's ever evolving the more edits I watch...

1. Terminator 3- The Coming Storm by Uncanny Antman (the movie I wanted to see in the theater)
2. Marvel 24 by Jorge (excellent display of editing skills with multiple use of source material into a one-of-a-kind fanedit)
3. Wing Commander-Countdown to Invasion by Lewis886 (huge improvement over original, no more high school drama)
4. The Phantom Edits (for the commentaries alone, required material for any wannabe fanedit conisouir ;) )
5. Conan the Destroyer- Serious Edition by Leonenut (at least it's tolerable to view now without cringing!)

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
these are some off-the-beaten-path favorites:

creasy (cbb)
dune (fanfiltration)
darkest city (jorge)
superbad - extended (paulisdead2221)
the warriors - tv composite (tranzor)

lewis886

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Juk said:
This is my current top 5, but it's ever evolving the more edits I watch...

1. Terminator 3- The Coming Storm by Uncanny Antman (the movie I wanted to see in the theater)
2. Marvel 24 by Jorge (excellent display of editing skills with multiple use of source material into a one-of-a-kind fanedit)
3. Wing Commander-Countdown to Invasion by Lewis886 (huge improvement over original, no more high school drama)
4. The Phantom Edits (for the commentaries alone, required material for any wannabe fanedit conisouir ;) )
5. Conan the Destroyer- Serious Edition by Leonenut (at least it's tolerable to view now without cringing!)

wow... :shock: one of my edits is in someone's top 5!!! wwooohooo :grin:

Grievous Angel Draven

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
1. Star Wars Revisited by Adywan (for the pure effort and determination it took for Adywan to make the definitive ANH)

2. The Crow-Decolorized by Messenjah14 (creating a stylish, more "O'barr-esque" version of my favorite film)

3. Return of the Jedi V2 by ADM (giving us a proper SE)

4. Marvel 24 by Jorge (superb editing, considering all the different sources)

5. Blade Runner 2008 EE by ADM (making the true "final cut" of the film)

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
if people would add little reviews to their top 5 I could use these for recommendations on fanedit.org.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
1. Star Wars EP 4 Revisited by Adywan - A professional-quality DVD, with new special effects, edits to get rid of some of GL's worst ideas, fixes to continuity errors, fixes to color problems, and much more. A masterpiece. Replaces my offical EP 4 SE DVD without a second thought.

2. Matrix Dezionized by CBB - This is exactly the movie I wanted to see in the theaters. No Zion scenes at all, and it works great. Will easily replace both my Reloaded and Revisited discs.

3. Batman/Batman Forever by Dluppers - A fresh new take on the classic Burton films. The two movies are expertly weaved together so the the plots run concurrently. Doesn't replace my discs, but sits proudly right next to them.

4. Star Wars EP 3 Revenge of the Sith by ADM - A very good film becomes even better with a lot of minor annyoing bits removed. Anakin no longer has doubts when he turns to the dark side, and that alone allows it to take the place of my official copy.

5. Star Wars EP 1 The Phantom Edit by the Phantom Editor - Worth it just for the history and the commentary.

Great work all!

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
very nice. thank you blick57. And it seems I should finally get to watching dluppers fanedit.

Dluppers

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
boon23 said:
very nice. thank you blick57. And it seems I should finally get to watching dluppers fanedit.

yeah it is boon ... lol :p jk

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well I'm going to probably adjust my top 5 soon, after reading the changes Slumberland made to Star Wars EP2. I thought ADM's EP2 was decent (certainly an improvement on the original) but a little too forgiving on some things, like leaving C3PO in the droid factory and arena battle. Anyway, I downloaded Slumberland's version and did a quick preview, and unfortunately for ADM, it's probably going to replace his EP3 for #4 on my list (not that he would care, I assume).

Final judgement deferred, pending my watching of the entire movie......

Amok

Reaction score
Trophy Points
1. Star Wars - A New hope Revisited (Purist Edition)

Adywan did the impossible: Take a perfect movie and improve it. An unbelievable amount of work and dedication went into this one, and the result has to be seen to be believed. It's become the definitive Version for me.

2. Dune - Third Stage Edition

Still not quite what Lynch had in mind, but about as close to it, as we'll ever get.

3. The Crow: Second Coming

Amazing dedication here. Manages to tell the story and keep the suspense even when using stills and text only.

4. Terminator 3 - The coming Storm

Another impossible feat: Took a horrible sequel and made it watchable. Some of the best and most seamless editing I've seen so far.

5. Indiana Jones and the Las Crusade - Unholy Edition

I love all the Indiana Jones movies (all except that new one), and didn't think it possible to improve the originals. But the cut list made sense and so I downloaded the edit out of curiosity. Surprisingly I enjoyed this edit more than the original. Sometimes less really is more.

Other great edits are: Batman Forever: Red Book Edition, V for Vendetta, Echo, Rambo 2, Blade Runner Extended, Alien Extended, Hellraiser 5 Joseph's Lament (which sadly is down and i lost my disc)

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was not aware we had a THE CROW 2 workprint on the page.

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That'd be "The Crow: Second Coming" he's referring to, surely?

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
as of this writing:

1. Star Wars Revisited (Adywan)
2. V for Vendetta (Mollo)
3. Terminator 3 The Coming Storm (Uncanny Antman)
4. Die Hard 4 (Uncanny Antman)
5. Killer Horizon (Mollo)

noteables-
Predator Chronicles, Spiderman 3.1, Hellblazer, Matrix Dezionized
and there are still plenty of edits that I have yet to watch :)

Faneditlover

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here's my top 5:

5. Dawn Of The Dead Extended Mall Hours Cut
4. The Nightmare Before Christmas The Angrysvn SE
3. Muppet Family Christmas 20th Anniversary Edition
2. Army Of Darkness Primitive Screwhead Edition
1. Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope Adywan Revisited SE

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Of all the fanedits I've watched so far:

1) Blade Runner - ADM Extended
2) The Crow : Second Coming
3) Dune : ADM Workprint
4) Batman Forever : Red Book Edition
5) Jurassic Park : A failed expedition to the Lost World

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
From what I've seen already:

1. ADM's Blade Runner 2008 (multiple audio tracks!)
2. ADM's Titanic Extended (almost 4 hours)
3. The Crow - City of Angels Second Coming (shows that it could be a very good movie)
4. ADM's Pearl Harbor (removes whole love story)
5. Old Habits Die Hard (removes bullshits like plane scene at the end)

Taolar

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not necessarily the "best," but the edits I had most fun watching:

1. Star Wars Revisited by Adywan
2. The Matrix Hacked by Dr. M
3. Star Wars Deleted Magic by OCPMovie
4. Superman Redeemed by ADM
5. Darkest City by Jorge

JMB

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So far:

T-3: The Coming Storm by Uncanny Antman- The best example of Turd Polishing I have seen so far. T3 will never be in the same league as 1 or 2, but UA managed to get it a hell of a lot closer. A hell of a lot. Fantastic audio and video as well. Really astonishing.

Star Wars Revisited by Adywan- Of course, this is a must watch. The sheer amount of passion and effort and skill exhibited here cannot be ignored. Fantastic effort.

Prison Break by CBB- A very fun attempt to condense a season of a TV show into a movie. Lots of creative editing on display here, especially considering the amount of material to cut down- not to mention having to remove titles without affecting the story.

Land of the Dead by Mollo- Mollo always does very fine work, and is always thinking outside the box. This is my favorite of his so far. I enjoyed it, and - big compliment- have no desire to see the original version at all after watching it.

Batman: Consecution- Not sure if I can name this one as I contributed, but what the hell. It deserves mention for being a great idea -Mollo's- and for everyone's creativity. Not perfect, sure, but ID and Throw's pieces alone make it a classic.

Top Bottom