• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Best Batman v Superman Edit?

SpectacularSMan

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ever since its release, BvS has grown to be one of the most fanedited movies out there. It seems like every few weeks or so a new edit of this film is proposed or released with completely different intentions than the rest. It is quickly on its way to being probably the most edited movie outside of the Star Wars prequel trilogy. While the trend of BvS edits continues to snowball, I thought I'd go ahead and make this thread to help guide people to finding their favorite cuts of a film that for the most part disappointed everybody in its original form. 

In terms of my favorites, I have 2. At the moment, No Justice by Reeseevans is probably the most well edited take on the film that I've seen. The regrading is very well done and the pacing is greatly improved with the removal of the Justice League setup and Doomsday fight at the end. He even managed to piece together an ending that felt climactic enough where a huge chunk of the third act used to be, a pretty impressive feat of editing. I'd say that is my favorite version of this movie to exist yet, with the only issue being that it won't really be able to fit in the continuity of the DCEU and thus won't really work when marathoning the movies. Still, it makes a great alternative version of the film. As for cuts that adhere to continuity while still heavily improving the film, I would have to say Mr. Blue's cut is currently my favorite.

What do you guys think is the best fanedit of BvS? What's your favorite?

revel911

Reaction score
Trophy Points
SpectacularSMan said:
I'd say that is my favorite version of this movie to exist yet, with the only issue being that it won't really be able to fit in the continuity of the DCEU and thus won't really work when marathoning the movies. Still, it makes a great alternative version of the film. As for cuts that adhere to continuity while still heavily improving the film, I would have to say Mr. Blue's cut is currently my favorite.

This is why I haven't found one yet I am willing to keep. For me, it has to tie into the other movies.

Belgarath

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
For me, No Justice is under a "Special Project" category. It's worth seeing just for the creativity behind it.

As for the edits that tie into the DC cinematic universe, I haven't seen a lot of them (about four) but Mr. Blue's is definitely the best one. All the bloated stuff is gone; The plot is focused and intriguing. Nice use of the John Ottman's Superman Returns and Hans Zimmer's Dark Knight scores. I only wish he did a little bit of regrading (to enhance the red and blue - I mean, he's Mr. Blue after all  ;)  ) 

The second best I think would be the Gods Among Us edit (don't remember the editor). I've seen his version 2. I know he has version 3 - I might check it out soon. The interesting thing is that he uses very different approach in the edit and creates a totally different narrative with the same result - a tighter, more focused and more intriguing movie. 
It's funny - the movie is so bloated one can create 2 completely different 2 hour movies from it.

Wakeupkeo

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Mr. Blue doesn't have any threads on this forum, any chance you have links to the thread for his edit?

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^Reminder - request links via PM or Trade/Request forum only.  Thanks.

Wakeupkeo

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
But I am not asking for the film, rather a link to any thread about it. Isn't that ok?

I know how to take it from there.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ha, whoops, misread that.  My bad.

Wakeupkeo

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks! 

So weird, I found another Mr Blue. What a difference correct punctuation makes!

comicstar100

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is along with Man of Steel are the reason I started looking into Fan Edits. I'm a huge DC fan but just didn't like Snyder's take. Thankfully I did really enjoy Wonder Woman and Justice League.  I would recommend jobwillins Man of Tomorrow which combines Man of Steel and BVS into one film. It plays more like a introduction the the DC Universe through the eyes of Superman. While you run into Batman and Wonder Woman the main focus is still kept on Supes. 

I am still looking for a fan edit that as best it can makes BVS feel less grim and deconstructionist. At least from Superman's side anyway. Also not a fan of Batman killing which I'd like to be kept to a minimum.  I'm looking forward to seeing more edits of the movie because I know their is an edit that can give me a watchable Batman and Superman film.

JosephDQuinn

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I did an edit that is awaiting approval that I am EXTREMELY proud of! I'm awaiting mod approval to become an official fan editor. But if your curious I can link the ITW thread here. I edited it to match the structure of Zack Snyder's Justice League.

Top Bottom