• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Beer Appreciation Thread

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Went to a beer tasting last night and had the following:

Almanac Peach Galaxy
Orval 23 months
Cascade Sang Rouge
Kern River Long Swim
De Struise Black Albert 2 year old
Jackie O’s Wood Yah Honey
Leelanu Illuminati

Cascade was hands down the best, but the Yah Honey Wheat Wine is deserving of an honourable mention.

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Feels like forever since I've had a good beer. This was great:

IMG-20190416-211736.jpg

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Decent-ish beer at an average pub. Beggars can't be choosers. 

IMG-20190606-221650.jpg

Anyone use untappd? Or am I the only weirdo who uses a social networking app for beer?

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't remember the brand,  I think it was maybe called Hemperor? Anyway it was an IPA with hemp seed oil. 

Yeah I didn't like it at all.  I think I would Have liked it if it was a straight up ipa, the hemp taste didn't do it to me.

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not sure if I've had hemp beer before or not.

Rye is typically the ingredient that ruins a beer for me. The beer I had this evening had Rye in, but it was cold enough not to be an issue.

I'm also not as crazy about IPA's as most people seem to be. Has to be just the right hop combo, not too bitter, not too sweet, not too lingering, etc. It's rare for me to find one I love.

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Possessed said:
 the hemp taste didn't do it to me.

Currently drinking this on tap:

e8cd02b7-5440-425c-bf53-0343bb262701.jpg

Turns out it has hemp in it. Tastes great!

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Might have just been the brew I had. 

This is what I had:

hero_hemperor_hpa.png

I don't hate it or anything,  I just didn't like it as much as a straight ipa. I know it's big and corporate,  and a bit low on the abv for an ipa, but I've always liked Goose.

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I mean, typically if something is being marketed by the ingredient, it's an experiment and possibly not the best example of it's usage. 

I've never had the beer though, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I liked that Hemperor but only in small doses. I like so-called dank hop profiles though. I just arrived in Colorado this morning and grabbed one of these.  

images

Haven’t tried it yet as 2:30 in the afternoon is still a bit early for a 13.2abv beer.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Lol speak for yourself,  if i can make it to noon without having a few shots of vodka I'm doing good.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hemp is a funny word to say. There's this local store that I walk by every morning called Hempire, and I want to laugh every time. Hemp. I guess because it reminds me of Shemp. I don't know. I have nothing to contribute to this thread.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
Hemp is a funny word to say. There's this local store that I walk by every morning called Hempire, and I want to laugh every time. Hemp. I guess because it reminds me of Shemp.

Sounds like you've imbibed in hemp's more potent sibling.  :p

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Victory is one of my favorite breweries (Philadelphia area). This is insanely sour, yet delicious.

28dhsfe.jpg

giphy.gif

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I once watched a TV show (can't remember what is was) that said that: Culture is Dark Beer. Anyone know what that means?

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DIDai84V0AAnZlX.jpg

I'm liking Warsteiner Fresh no-alcohol Beer. If you're after a beer/lager for pure ice cold refreshment, rather than strong taste and getting sloshed, then you can hardly tell you're not drinking a Budwieser, Stella Artois etc. If I want taste and alcohol, then I drink stronger/darker beers anyway.

Top Bottom