• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Beer Appreciation Thread

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm just about ready to shoot my computer over this rendering issue I'm having, so I've decided to crack out a beer and watch a film.

Anyone here into good beer? What's a good style for soothing your frustrations? 

I've got a Cornish Dubbel, Smoked Brown, Stout, Autumn Ale, Rye IPA...etc

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
innisgunnlogo.jpg

Always.

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not sure I can get that where I am :p Had a Simcoe and Rye Amber in the end (Wiper and True), and stuck on the original King Kong.  Hit the spot.

Adabisi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Scribbling Man said:
Anyone here into good beer? What's a good style for soothing your frustrations? 

I've got a Cornish Dubbel, Smoked Brown, Stout, Autumn Ale, Rye IPA...etc

all-of-them.jpg

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'd have thought this would be more up your street, @"Moe_Syzlak" ;) 

DuffBeer.jpg

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Aw mate, don't even. I've just had the most technologically stressful week of my life!

I installed an SD card reader to discover it wasn't compatible with SDHC. Bought a new one and another hard drive to boot.

On installing these I knocked my graphics card slightly which brought everything to a crashing halt. A couple days of fiddling with everything to discover not a single internal problem, but that my hdmi adapter was busted.

Get a new one. Computer now boots up to a black screen with only a cursor. Shit. My train is leaving in hours, I just have to install my brother's xmas present onto this SD card!

System repair tells me nothing is wrong. Uhhh bullshit! I system to restore and FINALLY get everything working.

I've never transferred files so feverishly in my life, but I made it onto my train with xmas gift in tow.

Even in spite of all this though, the HDD I just installed? Not recognised... *sigh* I really don't want to have to open that thing up again

I plan to pair this with a cool refreshing glass of whatever pish lager Tesco is selling in a couple hours...

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zamros said:
Aw mate, don't even. I've just had the most technologically stressful week of my life!

I installed an SD card reader to discover it wasn't compatible with SDHC. Bought a new one and another hard drive to boot.

On installing these I knocked my graphics card slightly which brought everything to a crashing halt. A couple days of fiddling with everything to discover not a single internal problem, but that my hdmi adapter was busted.

Get a new one. Computer now boots up to a black screen with only a cursor. Shit. My train is leaving in hours, I just have to install my brother's xmas present onto this SD card!

System repair tells me nothing is wrong. Uhhh bullshit! I system to restore and FINALLY get everything working.

I've never transferred files so feverishly in my life, but I made it onto my train with xmas gift in tow.

Even in spite of all this though, the HDD I just installed? Not recognised... *sigh* I really don't want to have to open that thing up again

Sounds like you need a beer! 

I plan to pair this with a cool refreshing glass of whatever pish lager Tesco is selling in a couple hours...

:-/  ;)

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Autumnal beer and Blade Runner: Danse Macabre, this evening is. 

Wild-Beer-Co_Rooting-Around-Autumn-Brown-Ale-4.6__v2.jpg

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm drinking Fosters. No way near as nice and posh as everything you posted. Cheap pish :D

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm not old enough to drink so I couldn't tell you

I do enjoy a crisp lemonade though

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Technology doesn't suck today, but beer is ever good. Today's Christmas Eve treat:

383fcbc71cf4185d7e764fcc71191a3d.jpg

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not beer, but I'm drinking Dalwhinnie Scotch Whisky tonight and raging at OpenShot being broken for no good reason.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
For NYE, I’ll be drinking a barrel-aged Goose Island Bourbon County. Haven’t decided yet whether it will be the stout or the barleywine.

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Moe_Syzlak said:
For NYE, I’ll be drinking a barrel-aged Goose Island Bourbon County. Haven’t decided yet whether it will be the stout or the barleywine.

That sounds amazing. I've heard good things about Goose Island. 

I haven't got anything special, sadly. Just a Cornish Pale Ale and a Brewdog Elvis Juice :(

I do have a Founder's Backwoods Bastard at home though (nearly 12% ABV), which I'll definitely be cracking out this week.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Bourbon County stuff is pretty great. Their regular stuff doesn’t do much for me. I had a Backwoods Bastard a few weeks ago. It was good.

That One Guy

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Goose Island's stuff is great, I'm particularly fond of the 312 but their IPA is very tasty as well.

Most of my holiday season intake consisted of BrewDog produce, including a few cans of Slot Machine, a lovely and restrained Rye IPA. Aside from that the most unusual thing I tried was a chocolate orange Christmas porter from Stewart Brewing...

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Had a Brewdog Elvis Juice last night and it was pretty good. I generally find a lot of Brewdog's stuff to be a bit "meh" (had a Dead Pony as well and wasn't a fan), but I really dug the Elvis.

Top Bottom