• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

BD/DVD music videos

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Right now I am listening to the blu-ray of Eddie Vedder live, titled "Water on the Road." It has a 5.1 DTS-HD, 48kHz track, and a 2.0 LPCM, 48kHz track. Sounds bitchin.

I don't understand why somebody in the music industry doesn't take the lead and push to create a new digital audio medium. Maybe the format could even include some optional video playback components. If only the music industry took all that money they spend on lawyers fighting piracy and invested it in promoting new technology that might entice people to buy their product. I have long been a vinyl enthusiast, but I also enjoy my mp3 library as much as the next average joe. Am I weird in that I want a high fidelity and low fidelity version of my music?

What I don't enjoy is the CD. I haven't bought one for years and never will for myself again. BUT... if I could buy digital albums mastered for high-end systems at 48+ kHz, with nice cover art and inserts and whatever extra multimedia, I would totally buy that over vinyl or mp3! The very best vinyl recording just can't compete with these high quality music videos for sound! (At least not as far as any human ear is concerned.) If I worked for a music label and were spearheading this movement, I would probably even go so far as to master at 96kHz just to make it seem fancier, even though the reality is there is negligible difference between 48kHz and 96kHz in discernible quality. This hypothetical new medium would also always include DRM free mp3 versions.

Sadly this is a pipe-dream right now, but at least I am able to rip my own audio tracks off of these music videos I buy! Just wish I didn't have to...

---

Thoughts?

What other BD/DVD music videos are you digging?

Back
Top Bottom