• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Battlestar Galactica The Second Coming

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bsgbioniccoverexample32.jpg

The Cylons were created by Man.
They Rebelled.
For Ten Years Man battled Machine
until one day the Cylons vanished!

Forty years later, the Cylons return with a vengeance!
The Twelve Colonies of Man are destroyed and the last surviving Battlestar
must lead a ragtag, fugitive fleet in search of the lost Thirteenth Colony of Man -- EARTH!

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: THE SECOND COMING

tagline: "THE EVIL ROBOTS ONLY EDITION"

Basic details: While I love nuBSG, I am more of a Classic Battlestar Galactica Fan. The original 1978 series is my Star Wars! So I wondered if it would be possible to inject some classic BSG flavor into the 2003 remake without it becoming cheesy or feel like a retro narrative like my previous Trek edits. I wanted to create a respectful homage to my beloved childhood series while retaining the darker and character driven elements that make nuBSG so successful.

To achieve this effect, I have removed all the Human Cylons and added music from the original series soundtrack.

In this alternate version, the story is solely from the perspective of the Colonials. The Cylons are simply evil killer robots, a dark force of nature that sweeps in and exacts its revenge on their creators. No Mission from God or Mommy/Daddy issues for these Cylons!
Just kill, Kill, KILL!!!!

So Say We All!

original film names: BATTLESTAR GALACTICA 2003 mini-series, BSG RAZOR, BSG THE PLAN, and BATTLESTAR GALACTICA 1978.
new film name : BATTLESTAR GALACTICA THE SECOND COMING
film studio name :Universal Studios
edit crew name : Bionic Bob
persons involved: Me
Date Original Film Was Released : BSG Mini Series 2003
Date Edit Was Released : January 2012
Original Runtime : 3 hours
New Runtime :1 hour 46 minutes
Cut/Add Time: cut about 1 hour 25 minutes
added about 10-12 minutes

Fanedit details:
Intention: Restructure the 2003 mini-series narrative to be closer to the original BSG pilot "Saga of a Starworld".

Editing Details:
Used iMac 10.5, Mac the Ripper, MPEG Streamclip, Final Cut Express, GarageBand, and iDVD

Cuts removed/added/extended (add list of what was changed):
--New Opening Titles and Prologue
--reorder several scenes
--cut Roslin Cancer subplot
--cut Col. Tigh's alcoholism and conflict with Starbuck
--cut Boomer and Tyrol's secret love affair
--cut Starbuck's guilt and confession about Zac
--cut Baltar's role in the Fall of the Colonies
--cut all Human Cylons
--new ending

TRAILER:

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Man, I love that trailer. Gives me goosebumps. Congrats on finishing Bob.... already itching to download this :)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks LS.

I hope you enjoy it and look forward to hearing your thoughts afterward.:)

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bob, I bought the entire nuBSG. and looking forward to watching 'em. watched the mini-series and the first season. loved it. now, I look forward to ur take on it. i'm sure it'll be amazing. any chances of doing any more BSG edits after this one?

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
steelio2006 said:
Bob, I bought the entire nuBSG. and looking forward to watching 'em. watched the mini-series and the first season. loved it. now, I look forward to ur take on it. i'm sure it'll be amazing. any chances of doing any more BSG edits after this one?

Funny you should ask.

Originally I had no intention of doing another BSG edit. It was going to be a one time thing.

But now I have an idea for another one. :-D

I don't want to say too much yet, except it will NOT be a sequel to this EVIL ROBOTS ONLY EDITION.
It will be firmly set in the nuBSG universe.

But next up, is my long hinted at SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN edit. (shameless self promotion!!!);-)

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Okay. Think someday there shall be a sequel to the Evil Robots only edition? Very intrigued to see what u come up with for the next one.

Very nice. I actually remember watching that on the SciFi channel when I was younger. they'd always have it back to back with Bionic Woman. Wasn't a big fan of old tv shows. But over break, ended up watching a lot of Gunsmoke, Daniel Boone, and The Rockford Files with my girlfriend's Dad. So, I'm starting to develop a fondness for old school shows now.

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Holy Crap that trailer gave me chills and makes me realize just how ingrained BSG is in the memories of childhood. Man, so many good edits coming out lately!

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
edited by administration.:peace:

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The what section? I hope you don't mean the phantom zone? ;)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Anyone having any DL issues? Amatar states files parts 5 and 15 are missing but all looks good on my end.:)

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I had no problem with it, but that was a few days ago, Bob, try downloading those specific parts and see if they still look online, sometimes they look like they're online but aren't for some reason.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jamiemark said:
Part 15 is not downloading.

Yes, for some reason MU says the File is Temp. Unavailable. Have no idea what that means.:-o

So I am presently uploading File 15 again, people can me PM for it until the Links become updated.:)

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
Yes, for some reason MU says the File is Temp. Unavailable. Have no idea what that means.:-o

So I am presently uploading File 15 again, people can me PM for it until the Links become updated.:)

I don't think you'll need to update the dlc links. The unavailable part will pop up again, even if it can take it days to do so. Making files temporarily unavailable is something MU is quite fond of, for whatever reason.

jamiemark

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is there a file service that doesn't do this kind of thing?? This always seems to happen when I try to get a new edit:p.

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ I don't think there's a "perfect" file host for our purposes. MU does this, RS deletes files very fast, and others out there use captchas, which means you have to be in front of your computer to type the codes for each part.

Top Bottom