• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Battlestar Galactica: The Face of the Enemy

DoctorM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
According to The Digital Bits, the Battlestar Galactica DVD set is now complete with a re-release of the Complete Series plus The Plan. However, the Face of the Enemy webisodes are likely never to see DVD. I might have the episodes on my external hard drive as iTunes files, but I don't know how to break them to put on disc.

Would anyone be interested in doing a preservation of these? Maybe in high def?

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
iTunes files?

DoctorM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah. M4V's, to be more specific, but I call them iTunes files simply because I haven't been able to play them with an additional player. They were released around the time of the beginning of the final 10 episode of BSG.

Would there be anything I can do to break the coding with iTunes to put it on a DVD?

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Do they have DRM?

DoctorM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was completely incorrect. In checking my hard drive, I do not have the episodes, nor does it look like they are available for purchase online. It seems I jumped the gun in even mentioning it, as I should have perused all of my resources before posting.

I apologize for the inconvenience and would be open for any suggestions via PM.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
they did air thou?

DoctorM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
According to Wikipedia, there is no mention of being aired on SciFi at the time of its release. It is readily available through streaming on Hulu, however.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
They are on youtube....so you could easly preserv these!

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ok i just tryed to convert to DVD and they dont look that great..... personally i would stick to streaming unless you can get a better source, (480x270) is the size on youtube.

darthtron

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am/was planning to preserve them from a torrent i d/led them from, so i guess i should make sure they are "good enough" (quality wise), to preserve!!!

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes the quality is not bad BUT..hes missed of the start and it has a watermark..

vlcsnap-2010-02-12-12h36m12s66.png

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points

DoctorM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
"No!" as in disappointed in the latest developments. Sorry, I probably should have clarified.

cnickle1

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think I have them all in fairly good quality. Let me watch them all to make sure and I'll let you guys know.

cnickle1

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ok - I went through these and they are fairly good quality. No water marks. They are, however, letterboxed. If this is something you guys want, let me know and I'll come up with a menu and put this together.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well you could crop them :)

cnickle1

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah I can, but that doesn't gain any video quality.

Top Bottom