• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Battlestar Galactica Edits by David Kerin

dkerin

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
original film name: Battlestar Galactica: 2 Classic Episodes: Gun on Ice Planet Zero & War of the Gods
new film name : Battlestar Glactica: Gun on Ice Planet Zero & War of the Gods
film studio name :Universal
edit crew name : David Kerin
Date Original Episodes Were Released : 1978
Date Edit Was Released : May 2008
Original Runtime : Two 45 minute episodes

Fanedit details:

Gun on Ice Planet Zero:

* *Added in some deleted scenes from the series DVD set.
* *New shot of 3 raiders flying over clouds as they approach Kree.
* *Raiders firing lasers while forcing his fighter down.
* *Newly created shot of Starbuck and Boomer flying over clouds to take out repeated shot.
* *Newly created shot of Killian's fighter being destroyed to take out repeated shot.
* *Shot of Raider exploding over snowy terrain when Starbuck shoots it with the Landram Turret.
* *Energy effect around Kree when he is connected to the Mind Probe.
* *Edited in different shots during the cylon fighers' attack on the fleet. However this was a cheat on my part as they are lifted from the Saga re-edit.
* *New and alternate shots of the pulsar firing through and around the fleet.
* *Added laser blasts from the blasters and Cylon rifles during the attack on the pulsar and garrison.

War of the Gods

* *Revised to show only 4 (correct number) of Vipers in openind scene.
* *New shots of light ships (the glowing balls) to take out repeated shots.
* *Shot of Viper being taken out of space with energy bolt by the large ship of lights.
* *Added some deleted scenes from DVD
* *Changed colors on scoreboard after Triad where Boomer's team wins to show Green for his and Red for Apollo/Starbuck.
* *Added more of a glowing light beaming effect for the interior of the Ship of Lights.
* *Added a devilish figure (taken from Iblis' devil image) inside the wreckage when Apollo looks in.

DVD Details: 4.28GB
includes bonus feature: BSG Destiny's End trailer (which kind of gives an alternate version to their finding Earth)

persons involved: David Kerin

http://fanedit.org/509/

Maybe downloadable from Fanedit.info

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This one is naked on .org, i have however made cover art for it if any of the staff would like to put it on the site:
bsggoipzwotg3dview.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?5a97ay84b8wcnx9

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Awesome Rogue! Thanks. I'll get on that.

benduwan

Reaction score
Trophy Points
where can i find this edit:
[h=1]Battlestar Galactica: Saga of a Starworld[/h]spend hours of searching...nothing..
please help.
thanks

benduwan

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i know.but why can´t i post the link to a file i search when in the first post a link show me the page;

if you know where i can find this please help.
thanks frink

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
benduwan said:
i know.but why can´t i post the link to a file i search when in the first post a link show me the page;

if you know where i can find this please help.
thanks frink

Read this part of the rules:

3. Do not ask for download links to fanedits outside of private messages or the “Trades and Requests” Forum.

It is acceptable to send a private message to a member of fanedit.org asking for links to downloadable fanedits. Members of fanedit.org can do what they want via private messages as fanedit.org is unable to control or monitor private messages. What is said in private messages is the responsibility of the member sending the private message, not the responsibility of fanedit.org.

If you are having difficulty locating an edit for download after checking the resources mentioned in Part II, there is a section of the forum dedicated to trading fanedits. Go HERE. The “Own The Source” Rule applies to this section as well. And without a doubt, no download links are allowed to be posted in the Trades and Requests Forum.

There are very specific rules about posting requests for download links in that forum:

You are only allowed to request links to fanedits available at The Internet Fanedit Database. This is akin to trading. Fanedit.org is not providing any download links. You are asking an individual member of the community to send, via private messages, links to download a fanedit, which is protected by Fair Use. Any requests for illegal or bootlegged media will not be tolerated and will result in a temporary ban of seven (7) days for the requesting user.

How To Properly Request Download Links:

Check to see if a thread for the edit you want to download already exists in this section. If it does, read that thread to see if someone has filled the request. If so, send a private message to that user asking him for the links. Do not ask again in the same thread for links if it's already been filled.

If no thread in this section exists for the edit you want to download start a new thread asking for it. Do not bump a request thread. Thread bumps will be deleted.

Simply post what edit you want to see and wait until it's fulfilled.

4. File Hosting Availability. It is 100% up to the editor to decide where to host their fanedits. Fanedit.org does not mandate where fanedits are uploaded to because that is not the business of the site, but the business of the individuals uploading.

The Internet Fanedit Database hosts information for all approved fanedits through the years of fanedit.org. Some of these fanedits are very old and may no longer be available. This is a sad thing, but it’s part of the facts of life. Do not get upset or discouraged if a fanedit you want to see is offline.

If a fanedit is offline, please first review the forum thread for the edit to see if the editor has posted information about this. Then check the Trades and Requests Forum to see if anybody has already brought the issue up. If nobody has mentioned it, you are free to send a private message to the faneditor or start a new thread in the Trades and Requests Forum.

Do not post things such as “Can somebody send me the links for this fanedit?” in a thread not in the Trades and Requests Forum.

benduwan

Reaction score
Trophy Points
so many to read...
i have spend some hours to search on google and fanedits to find them.
only deleted links.i have pm david kerin some days bevor.here and on OT.com...nothing.
i have the original movie,the cinema version.
so i like to seen this extended version.
hope someday this movie come back.
thanks again for your support frinks.
edit: link removed!

regularjoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've seen a couple of these and you know, there's some things that I really love about them (some of the new SPFX) and there's some things that I really don't like about them (some of the new SPFX). They have become really hard to find. You can always make your own. I took a crack at it and have made two with one more in the works. There is a bit of a learning curve involved and in my opinion that's part of the fun. The learning curve isn't a whole lot of fun while it's happening but once you learn the basics it really opens doors for you.

The first one that I tackled was a take on the old Mission Galactica movie, which I was never lucky enough to see. I pasted together The Living Legend 1 & 2 with Fire and Space and a few scenes from another episode. No deleted scenes went in, no new fx. Just some creative cutting. I am not a fan of old dude dating young gals stories so the ENTIRE Cain/Cassiopia story line was ejected. I also trimmed some scenes with Apollo and Starbuck to basically have them criticize Cain less in public and more in private and less of the he-said she-said stuff with the botched mission. There are elements of it there and now it plays out more in a style of Adama knows that Cain is a loose cannon and is careful with his new partner.

I used to come to these and another forum a lot and think dang I can't find this edit or that edit or why doesn't someone make an edit of this movie that way? Eventually I took the scissors in my own hands and started to make my own edits. Do it, you'll have a great time, I promise. Make the cuts you want to see. Don't try to be Adywan if that isn't your skill set, do what you can as well as you can and just have fun with it.

Top Bottom