• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Batman: Year One (1080p HD Batman Begins)

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 9 stars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8 stars

• 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

twistd101

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, I gotta say, I tried this on my 360, and it works like a charm, 5.1 and all. :D Now, to just sit down and get through more than the first 3 min before being interrupted again. ;)

PaulisDead2221

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
phew. I honestly hadn't checked to make sure that exact file would work.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
this should play on a ps3 you go in to settings and enable WMV i got the sample playing perfect.

twistd101

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Worked like a charm. I enjoyed it. No hard cuts, no major plotholes. The climax seemed a bit rushed, but seeing as a whole chunk/character of the movie was cut out, I can see it was so for good reason. Overall, I liked it.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
23mju5k.jpg

10zmnaa.jpg

....and the blacks are patchy,ive tested this on both of my pcs so its not my setup.

PaulisDead2221

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
vlcsnap-4271085.png

vlcsnap-4272052.png

How'd you take these? I don't understand where the letter-boxing in your screen-shots came from, but these are snap-shots from VLC, taken from the file I uploaded to piratebay.

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think AvP added the letterboxing to highlight those junk lines at the top of the video.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Soooo....can I watch this in my ps3 or not? And if so, how do I go about doing this?

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
if you go to settings...and enable wmv,you all so need to be connected to the net.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
PID, I can still see the artifacts AvP is mentioning at the top of the images. I think GC was right, the letterbox bars are there to highlight that issue. The color seems quite different on your screencaps though. Did you enhance them at all? I wonder why it is so different

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i used VLC has well.

PaulisDead2221

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I took a snapshot in VLC just like AvP did. I have not touched them in any manner, these are straight off of VLC.

I only get the junk lines ThrowgnCpr and Ghostcut are seeing after I take the snapshot. I do not see them while playing the video or when the video is paused in VLC. But I believe AvP is not pointing these out, but pointing out that there's a major gamma problem on his end. I really don't understand it at all. I understand you've tested it on two computers, AvP, but no one else has reported this, and lots of people have seen it by now. If a third party who has the edit can please upload the shots from their download, I know it can help solve the issue.

Oh yeah, didn't thank you for the review, twisted101. Thank you.

PaulisDead2221

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm sorry, I do see the junk lines in VLC, they come in and out every now and then. I do not see them in media player classic, and I do not believe they occur during playback on the XBox 360.

zeppelinrox

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nice. I was going to convert it to avi myself and upload it so I'm gonna grab your avi version.

What size is it? Just so that others know.

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
about 1GB. i kept best quality (Q2, AC3 5.1) seeing how this was originally an HD release.

zeppelinrox

Reaction score
Trophy Points
joebshmoe: I hope you don't mind but, just for shiggles (ie. shitz 'n giggles, heh), I made a 720p xvid avi from the original WMVHD file and decided to upload it to RS.

I used AutoMKV using the "2 Pass Insane Quality" profile, video is 1280x544 with a bitrate of 1900 Kbps.

I had a problem with the audio encoding, so I used your AC3 5.1 448 Kbps audio stream. Again, I hope you don't mind.

The size of the file is 1gb, although there isn't much difference with the wmvhd file when playing them full sceen.

Edit: I seem to have lucked out in that there doesn't seem to be any junk lines showing up when I play it, even with VLC

vlcsnapm.jpg

Edit 2: joebshmoe, I sent you a PM and resent it but I'm not sure if you're getting them, because they're both just sitting in the Oubox and not in the Sent messages box. I was wanting to know if you can update your posting of the links for this edit.

Top Bottom