• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Batman: Year One (1080p HD Batman Begins)

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 9 stars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8 stars

• 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

messenjah14

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
41 downloaders? pretty well.
I also am getting it when I can be bothered to dl such a large file.

DocLathropBrown

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thank God, someone's finally edited BB. It needed it.

But strangely, I think you cut too much. I would have left some of the training in and kept Ra's / Ducard. It's not accurate, but the film's a little too lean like this. THe main problem I have with the film is that it's just too overexplanatory, just like you said. But I think a lot of the material you cut could be kept just by streamlining the film. Maybe had him flash back to some of the training?

PaulisDead2221

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
messenjah14 said:
41 downloaders? pretty well.
I also am getting it when I can be bothered to dl such a large file.

Ow :(

Ghostcut, you're awesome for the research you're doing and the upload to mini-nova. I hope the edit is worth your contributions, I think I spotted one complete download who didn't stay around to seed for very long (probably nobody associated with fe.org :D, just some piratebay douche), but I hope once people start seeing it, it'll live up to the grandeur of its HD goodness. There's one little edit I never mentioned that could really turn a lot of people on or off to the thing--the friend I showed it to actually went mad with joy, played it three or four times in a row...that's all I'll say for now :-?

If anyone prints out the cover art with the intention of putting it in a Blu-ray or HD-DVD case, you'll have to resize it to fit the dimensions. I actually designed it for a 2-disc amaray, though I admit I really love the way the hi-def cases look, now that I've seen them. Here's the original art preview, I actually find it kind of dull without the Blu-ray border.

yearonepreiv.jpg

sladetwc

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Must... get... ps3... for Blu-Ray player... and nothing else!

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
GC could you send me the blu ray and HD DVD case please?

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think the profiles for BD and HD DVD case previews come with Imandix - at least, they did with my version.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ive only got the free version..

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
sounds good

i'm pretty excited about that bluray release :)

it's pretty much just the vc-1 encode for the WMV release + the ac3 5.1 from the DVD release, correct?

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, according to Paulisdead's DVD case it is lossless 5.1 WMA, so it will probably be the VC1 HD encode + the 5.1 AC3 + the 5.1 WMA converted to PCM. I'm 73% into the download at the moment.

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
OK, this cover is basically complete until I finalise the specs for the Blu-ray Disc.

2vc7tif.png

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
so is the bluray going to fit on a DVD9?

i was thinking VC-1+AC3 would fit on a DVD9, but adding lossless kinda ruins that idea.

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nah, the Bluray won't fit on a DVD9, that's what the WMVHD file is for.

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well it might do. I'll just have to see how it turns out.

EDIT: Thanks for the threads, I'll check them out.

Top Bottom