• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Batman: Year One (1080p HD Batman Begins)

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 9 stars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8 stars

• 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ive allready tryed x264 it doesnt accept the format

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neither does Sony Vegas. I heard it was something to do with the somewhat non-standard way x264 encodes (long GOPs).

PaulisDead2221

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
http://www.engadget.com/2007/06/28/ps3-1-82-firmware-almost-here-bringing-h-264-compatibility/

As of June of last year, PS3's 1.82 firmware update allowed for h264 playback. Are you sure it might not be the difference between x264 and h264 playing a role in playback capability, or are we using the terms interchangeably? From what I've quickly been able to google, x264 is just an implementation of some...generic b frame...stuff...and...stuff into the vintage h264. It could have an effect on playback ability.

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i have a bunch of links on my laptop that i'll dig up.

but essentially you must use x264 with certain settings for compatibility and to use the original ac3 you must use an mpeg container (m2ts, ts, vob, etc.).

also, there are 2GB file limits for avi/mp4/wmv playback so using an mpeg container is best (and would probably be loaded onto an external harddrive or burned to DVD9 and played by xbox360 and ps3.

at that point it seems like you might as well create the BD-5 or BD-9 that i referenced above in my last post. that would be fuckin cool, also so i'd vote for little "BLURAY on DVD media" releases...

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
no the file size i use were only a gig

kurtos

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have the original trilogy on wmvHD (wookie groomer) and this one has dolby digital 5.1 sound on my 360! So This release could be playable in 5.1 on the x-box. The ps3 can't play the file.

twistd101

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Maybe it supports AC3 5.1, but not the 5.1 profiles in WMV? Makes sense, seeing as AC3 is what DVDs use... Maybe?

PaulisDead2221

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
No, Kurtos must be right, let me post the official word from microsoft again concerning support for WMV (VC-1). Look under Audio profiles:

The Xbox 360 console supports the following for WMV (VC-1):

* File extensions: .wmv
* Containers: ASF
* Video profiles: WMV7 (WMV1), WMV8 (WMV2), WMV9 (WMV3), VC-1 (WVC1 or WMVA) in simple, main, and advanced up to level 3
* Video bit rate: 15 Mbps with resolutions of 1920 ? 1080 at 30 fps. See the question about max bit rate, resolution, and frames per second.
* Audio profiles: WMA7/8, WMA9 Pro (stereo and 5.1), WMA Lossless
* Audio max bit rate: No restrictions. See the question about max bit rate, resolution, and frames per second.

So not only can this release have 5.1 audio, but the bit-rate has no restriction with a WMV profile. I was operating as though I was using h264, which has many low-fi restrictions, I didn't realize that with WMV, not only was I using a different codec (idiot idiot! :???: ), but I was operating under completely different assumptions on what can be played. So this means everything is kosher. A HDWMV release with 5.1 audio.

twistd101

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, you probably used the same tutorial as me, telling you to use ND AAC @ 96kbps ;)

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
well the idea would be to find a better format that can include the original ac3 5.1 audio

mpeg avc (h264) has no restrictions. this is the video stream. the CONTAINER has restrictions and PS3/XBOX360 support will be even more restrictive.

from what i have read, wmvhd is NOT a good container and thus a bad option.

ideally it would be x264 + ac3 5.1 + MKV container but that ain't gonna happen with PS3/XBOX due to matroska support

best bet would be m2ts / AVCHD

http://manuals.playstation.net/document ... types.html
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=128498

twistd101

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well I'm still rooting for WMVHD as I'm a 360 user, and am looking forward to watching this on there.

ShiftyEyes

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I love Batman Begins and this sounds like a fun edit. I'm looking forward to it. :)

PaulisDead2221

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
kurtos said:
I have the original trilogy on wmvHD (wookie groomer) and this one has dolby digital 5.1 sound on my 360! So This release could be playable in 5.1 on the x-box. The ps3 can't play the file.

Weren't the wookie groomer OT HD releases cropped for their original 2.35:1 aspect ratio? I thought XBox only supported certain vertical resolutions, like 720 or 1080 or 480, etc. If the Xbox will resize it correctly, then I'd like to re-encode it one more time.

PaulisDead2221

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So this got delayed a bit, I can't seem to get the audio to sync up quite right. Each encoded mistake is 20 hours of my computer's time wasted, so it's a bit frustrating at the moment, but at least it actually finishes instead of crashing like my Star Wars encodes :(. I also have to think about cover art, which I have no real working ideas for. I'd put a new release date at some time this week.

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've put it up at the Torrents section and also on Mininova.

jamiemark

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'll wait for the DVD version. The HD DVD format is finished, in a couple of years it'll be like a HD version of Betamax :grin:

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's not HD DVD. It's a WMV file in HD format.

I am researching methods of converting this to Blu-Ray. Currently the best option appears to be Nero.

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
For the purists, here is the cover preview for BD instead of HDDVD.

2a8oxoh.png

Larger preview: http://i32.tinypic.com/23gxu9z.png

Top Bottom