• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Batman: Year One (1080p HD Batman Begins)

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 9 stars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8 stars

• 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
they sit in the outbox until they are read, and i was gone since wednesday until just now :)

PaulisDead2221 said:
I took a snapshot in VLC just like AvP did. I have not touched them in any manner, these are straight off of VLC.

I only get the junk lines ThrowgnCpr and Ghostcut are seeing after I take the snapshot. I do not see them while playing the video or when the video is paused in VLC. But I believe AvP is not pointing these out, but pointing out that there's a major gamma problem on his end. I really don't understand it at all. I understand you've tested it on two computers, AvP, but no one else has reported this, and lots of people have seen it by now. If a third party who has the edit can please upload the shots from their download, I know it can help solve the issue.

Oh yeah, didn't thank you for the review, twisted101. Thank you.

I think that VLC has an "overlay" option that, once checked, makes the gamma much brighter. Maybe AVP has this overlay option checked, and not you. (though I prefer without). I really don't know the use of this overlay option anyway (?)

I enjoyed this edit but it could have been better.
It's been years since I have read Batman Year One but I remember that one of the great things about it was seeing Batman make mistakes and learn from them. He wasn't always a pro at crime fighting and it showed him growing into that role through trial and error.
This edit shows some of this but snipped a little too much of Batman/Bruce being injured. The effects of Scarecrow's fear gas on him was cut short after Batman crashed to the pavement. It would have been good too see that he was laid up in bed for a couple of days and that he developed an antidote for the toxin. Instead, he is suddenly well and has the antidote handy shortly thereafter.

I actually like it that Ra's was cut from the movie, even though this does indeed sacrifice coherency.
Even better, I actually like Rachel Dawes in this version. Which is surprising because I always hated her existence on the sole principle that she was made up for the movie and not a "real" Batman character. When I first saw Batman Begins at the theatre, I was like.. "Who the f*** is Rachel Dawes?"
Anyway, the whole Bruce/Rachel saga is toast and Batman is simply out to save somebody who also wants to make Gotham a better city. It could just as easily have been James Gordon that he was trying to save and it would play out the same way. The Batman/Rachel interaction is drastically better in this edit than the official movie.

Generally, I enjoyed this faster paced Batman edit but too much was cut.
Although it is 61 minutes, the last 10 are the end credits and that is way too long. So the edit is actually a mere 50 minutes of movie time.
Which is good in a way, when all you want is meat without any potatoes or gravy.

7/10

Back
Top Bottom