• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Batman vs Superman (BD5 AND DVD-R)

cnickle1

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm looking forward to seeing this. I've been working on a cover. So far what I have is found below. I'm having real trouble with a logo/title for the front. I could really use some help or suggestions.

This photo collage took a lot of work. The Brandon Routh photo alone is actually pieced together from 4 separate pictures. Its based on a painting by Alex Ross & Jim Lee that was featured on the cover of Wizard.

comparison.jpg

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Very nicely done, though the painted Bats/Routh Supes contrast is distracting. If you can't find a Bale Batman pic to match, I suggest going for the Ross painting itself, the logo/poster from your original post, or a simple logo-only on black design.

PaulisDead2221

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looking good. Some simple darkening might help blend the elements a little better, I love the resemblance to the Alex Ross painting. For the logo, I initially superimposed the bloody Superman: Doomsday logo on top of the Nolan Batman symbol. Here's my official first cover using a real deal, Adobe Photoshop (although, reading it back, I need to rewrite some it):

NEWBATMANVSSUPERMAN.jpg

batmanvssupermanpriv.jpg

Here's all the pertinent information:

LOGOS FOR THE BACK
5.1 .ac3 symbol (not specifically dolby digital)
blu-ray symbol
dvd symbol
Warner Bros/Legendary Pictures/DC Comics
Fanedited logo

SYNOPSIS
After long absences, both Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent have returned home, and attempt to put their lives back together. Most everyone is excited to see them again, except their former girlfriends. The less than warm home-coming from their lost loves forces both the Man of Steel and the Dark Knight into a deadly spiral that threatens to destroy the two heroes, and plunge the world into chaos.

MARQUEE CREDITS
Warner Bros presents
in association with DC Comics and Legendary Pictures
Christian Bale Brandon Routh
WORLD's FINEST: BATMAN VS SUPERMAN
Katie Holmes Kate Bosworth Morgan Freeman Frank Langella Michael Caine Eva Marie Saint Sam Huntington Gary Oldman Mark Boone Junior Larry Holden Rutger Hauer
Costume Design Larry Hemming Louise Mingenbach
Music by Hanz Zimmer James Newton Howard John Ottman John Williams
Edited by John Ottman Elliott Graham Lee Smith, A.C.E.
Re-edited by Samuel Hawkins PID2221
Production Designer Guy Hendrix Dyas Nathan Crowley
Director of Photography Wally Pfister, A.S.C. Newton Thomas Sigel, A.S.C.
Executive Producers Chris Lee Thomas Tull Scott Mednick Benjamin Melniker Michael E. Uslan
Produced by Emma Thomas Charles Roven Larry Franco Jon Peters Bryan Singer Gilbert Adler
Based upon Characters Created by Bob Kane Jerry Siegel Joe Shuster
and Published in DC Comics
Directed by Christopher Nolan Bryan Singer

RUNTIME/RATING INFORMATION
approx. 36 minutes PG-13

Okay, so I didn't know that all Blu-ray titles have to be either 4:3 or 16:9, I thought they could handle variable aspect ratios. I just need to re-encode again with the proper letterboxing. Almost...there... :razz:

Ripplin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
B'oh! Too bad about the aspect ratios. I didn't know that either. Hey, I was just thinking of something; do they sell Blu-Ray cases? That would be neat.

cnickle1

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You can buy Bluray cases from almost any company online that sells dvd cases.

I think I found a better pic of Batman for my cover. It took some creative photoshopping, but I think this looks better than the first one. I'd still take some suggestions on how/where/what to do to put a title/logo on it. What do you guys think?

batman_vs_supermanfront.jpg

PaulisDead2221

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well you have a great poster design, have you thought about building it around a comic art concept? Maybe format it around the old action or detective comic design? They'd basically be simple banners and fonts on top of your image, with fan edit information instead of comic information. Like, September, 2008 (instead of may 1939), 36 minutes of action (instead of 64 pages of action), free (instead of 10c)

nlc002250-v6.jpg

batman_detective_comics_27.jpg

cnickle1

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That wasn't a bad idea - I played around with some World's Finest comic cover layouts, but in the end, I went with this. I hope you like it and I can't wait to see the movie.

batman_vs_supermancover.jpg

PaulisDead2221

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It looks great, I'm officially adopting it for the DVD version :-D (with mine being the BD cover). Both versions are now up on demonoid. Let me know if there are any issues with the BD. It's a fickle format, I know.

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
looks nice cnickle1. am I the only one that thinks Supes looks like a big dork?
and why is the S in black? is it motivated by the edit?
also the saturation, brightness and contrast are all over the place.
look at superman's boots and then his head.
this would probably work better with a cityscape at night.
the backplate is actually better because they seem to interact.
did you consider using a filter like poster edges to give it a graphic feel?

cnickle1

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Paul... - I'm glad you like it. I'm kind of new around here. What do I do with the finished cover so that others can download it if they like?

PaulisDead2221

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Send it to boon23 by email, although killbillme does bring up some good points that could be considered.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
on the bluray....how do we create a image file so we can burn to DVD?

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Paulisdead, this is the first bluray that's ever come up here so you could please forgive us for not knowing what to do. What files go where, what settings do I need, what do I do?!!!?

PaulisDead2221

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah no problem, but keep in mind this is my first one too :-D . I believe you just open imgburn, and go to "write files/folders to disc", under "source" browse for the folder that contains both blu-ray folders (Batman vs Superman (BD5)). Under the options tab, I believe the disc must be set to "UDF". I'm not sure what "revision" of UDF must be selected, but if you select another file system besides UDF, and try to continue, the program will tell you that it sees you're trying to make a blu-ray disc, and will ask if you want to automatically switch to the correct settings. From there, you just tell it to start burning.

PaulisDead2221

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Jack Tourette said:
Is there anyone this will be up on mininova?

I believe it can be. Mininova takes external torrents doesn't it?

[edit] okay it's up.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
PaulisDead2221 said:
Yeah no problem, but keep in mind this is my first one too :-D . I believe you just open imgburn, and go to "write files/folders to disc", under "source" browse for the folder that contains both blu-ray folders (Batman vs Superman (BD5)). Under the options tab, I believe the disc must be set to "UDF". I'm not sure what "revision" of UDF must be selected, but if you select another file system besides UDF, and try to continue, the program will tell you that it sees you're trying to make a blu-ray disc, and will ask if you want to automatically switch to the correct settings. From there, you just tell it to start burning.

no this doesnt work.

Top Bottom