• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Batman v Superman: Ultimate Ed - Fan Commentary Archive

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've been listening to quite a few BvS fan commentaries recently. It's probably one of the worst super-expensive movies ever made, so discussion of it's flaws big and small are fascinating to me. Trouble is, syncing these fan commentaries up just so, is often difficult and a right pain if you want to pause the movie and come back to later... and for a 3-hour movie, it's likely you will want to pause it.

So I'm going to make myself a copy of the movie with all the commentaries attached and edited to sync up perfectly with the 03.02.33 runtime. It's not really sure if this is a "fanedit" project, so it might not be right for ifdb but maybe some people would be interested when it's done.

I'm yet to decide exactly what format to make the video (mp4 or mkv?). My list of potential commentaries to include are...

YouTube fan commentaries I'm considering:

Oliver Harper
Rant and Bollox
Collider
Caped-Joel
ComicBookCast2
Geekvolution
Til The Last Credit
Dukect
Simplistic Reviews
The1stTake
evilscar23
WorldClassBullshitters
Samuel Otten
165 Entertainment
ComicsWithFlicks
Bernard Commentary

YouTube fan commentaries, I may, or may not include due bad audio quality, too much silence, or something else:

Red Letter Media/Previously Recorded (Partial general discussion)
Akasan
Parker Smykle
The Real Mr. Robinson
DCDomingo
Dan Campos
Cinemaniac Jean
Werd To My Nerd

Found one good commentary on SoundCloud:

Nerd Soup

I think YouTube is covered but if there are any other places with good commentaries let me know.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sounds good, thanks. I didn't even think of checking out bandcamp.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've got quite far along with putting this project together now. For a bit of variety/fun, I've decided to convert the movie to black & white, which looks really stunning IMO (Snyder can do visuals, if nothing else). It'll give something else to look at when listening to the commentary tracks but it could be muxed with the regular colour version afterwards.

So far the audio track list is as follows...

01. (Original movie audio stereo)
02. Oliver Harper
03. Rant and Bollox*
04. Collider
05. Weekly Planet*
06. Comic Multiverse
07. 165 Entertainment*
08. Cinema Skwad
09. Comic Book Cast*
10. Comics With Flicks
11. Dukect CCS Fan Stream*
12. Feature Creatures*
13. Film Commentary with Jarrod*
14. Geekvolution*
15. Justice League Universe*
16. Main Street Cinema*
17. Nerd Soup
18. Nerdy Nick
19. SCARmentary*
20. Simplistic Reviews*
21. Talking at the Movies
22. World Class Bullshitters

(*) Mixed in original movie audio on these tracks, real low in the mix (The other tracks already had it in there), as I think it helps with the experience. The 'Comic Multiverse' track has also been heavily leveled out, so one commentator is not 2 billion times louder than the other, which was a shame as it's a good listen otherwise. All tracks have been edited to make them match the movies run-time, so some length intros and outro had to go. Check out the original videos to hear those.

There were another 8 fan commentaries I decided not to include because they were either very poor audio quality (The ones I have included aren't exactly studio quality!), they featured far too much silence, the people commenting were jackasses (IMHO), or in one case the commentary was in Spanish. If any Spanish speakers would like this one included, let me know...

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Are the eyes too much? :D

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
I've got quite far along with putting this project together now. For a bit of variety/fun, I've decided to convert the movie to black & white, which looks really stunning IMO (Snyder can do visuals, if nothing else). It'll give something else to look at when listening to the commentary tracks but it could be muxed with the regular colour version afterwards.

Have you thought about doing a Sin City approach and leaving other things colored in? Superman/Doomsday's red eye beams, the green kryptonite, Luthor's yellow pee jar? ;)

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nic said:
Have you thought about doing a Sin City approach and leaving other things colored in? Superman/Doomsday's red eye beams, the green kryptonite, Luthor's yellow pee jar? ;)

Sounds like a hell of a lot of work for no added benefit to the project. Color or B/W, IMO.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, I'm not going the Sin City route. The true Sin City effect is a lot more than red bits and black and white and would need extensive FX work. B&W looks really nice on it's own...

33973869544_7ec631e994_b.jpg

Behold, at the click of a button, 66 hours of "entertainment"...! :D

34430649390_62f886ce4d_b.jpg

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:

Not at all. It's subtle. As subtle as having a 33 year old benevolent protagonist being impaled for our sins.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
TM2YC said:

Maybe it's too much. Or maybe it's not quite enough...

^ LOL. Like it. I did consider messing round with the shadow behind Snyder, to incorporate the Rotten Tomatoes score.

DSM2337

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
In light of recent news, you might want to change the focus for the artwork.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Because of recent events, I made a new poster for your project if you would like to use it. 
iQUWoWq.png

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sad-Fleck is not a bad idea but not at that low resolution. I'll think of something.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
New cover. Less funny but more on point for what this is...

34755229771_3938f00b2f_o.jpg

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Although you will still be able to watch your purchases until then, from now on we are no longer making programmes available to buy on BBC Store.

If you are a BBC Store customer, you can find out all you need to know here.
If you recently purchased a series pass, those remaining episodes will still appear in My Programmes.

The BBC will continue to find new ways of making BBC archive content available. And do remember that programmes on BBC iPlayer are now available to watch for up to 30 days after broadcast, alongside a range of complete series and fascinating collections.

Our sincere thanks for being part of BBC Store. We do hope you enjoyed discovering some wonderful programmes, old and new!

https://store.bbc.com/

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This project is done, so PM me if you are interested.

7.1GB mkv / black 'n' white / 21 fan audio commentaries

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Whoops forgot to move this thread when it was finished. It's not going on ifdb, as it's not really a proper fanedit. So it's PM only :) .

Top Bottom