• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Batman v Superman: No Justice

Post reported for use of Comic Sans.

Thank you, Satan! Glad you enjoyed it. Please feel free to leave an "official" review if you have the time  ;)

JUSTICE LEAGUE EDIT:
On a semi-related note, I've recently been getting a flurry of messages asking for my Justice League edit, which I would happily provide... if it existed. Methinks an online rumour has snowballed. Unless Warner release an Ultimate / Director's cut with all-new footage, then I have no plans to make an edit. There isn't the same hook that Dawn of Justice had.

GOD IS DEAD:
There's also the troubling issue that I can't connect the end of No Justice with the start of Justice League. I did toss around a few ideas, but couldn't really get one to coherently manifest. I toyed with making an epilogue (called "God is Dead") that showed Steppenwolf use a Mother Box to 'hack' the Kryptonian ship, thereby creating Doomsday and sparking the Death of Superman plot. I got so far, but couldn't convincingly demonstrate the creation of Doomsday. I'm more than happy to chew the fat with anyone who can come up with some inspiration.
: fanedit.org

And below is a work in progress of the screenplay I wrote for it.

[font=Courier New, monospace]GOD IS DEAD (EPILOGUE)[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]As company logos form on screen-[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]LEX LUTHOR (V.O.)[/font]
[font=Courier New, monospace]But, the bell’s already been rung. And they've heard it, out in the dark… among the stars.[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]We cut to the Kryptonian scout ship crashing down through the Metropolis cityscape: The “Black Zero” event. With a rising orchestral note, we return to black at the final impact.[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]18 MONTHS LATER-[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]BARROWS[/font]
[font=Courier New, monospace]There are ways we can help each other.[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]INT. LexCorp lobby area. Lex LUTHOR and Senator BARROWS are in discussion.[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]LUTHOR[/font]
[font=Courier New, monospace]Yes.[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]What’s your wish list?[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]Um… access to the wreck of the crashed Kryptonian ship…[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]Done.[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]Flash forward. Luthor gains entry to the wreckage site.[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]The complete remains of the dead alien for testing.[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]You want Zod’s body?[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]Okay.[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]Flash forward. Using a Kryptonite shard, Luthor surgically removes Zod’s fingerprints, which he then uses to access the ship’s interior. Zod’s alloy key, still resting in its slot, allows Luthor to power up the ship’s command console.[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]SHIP PA[/font]
[font=Courier New, monospace]Wel.. Wel... come... Welcome, General Zod of Kandor.
Analysis revealing ship operating at 37% efficiency. Would you like to assume command?[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]Yes, I would… (louder) Yes, I would.[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]SHIP PA[/font]
[font=Courier New, monospace]Very well. Let us begin.
The Kryptonian archive contains knowledge from 100,000 different worlds.[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]Good. Teach me.[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace][size=small][font=Courier New, monospace]INT. Upmarket restaurant. Via a rain-streaked window, we spy a meeting between Bruce WAYNE and Amanda WALLER.[/font][/font][/size]​

[font=Courier New, monospace]WALLER[/font]
[font=Courier New, monospace]This is crown jewels here, Mister Wayne.[/font][font=Courier New, monospace]
And you do understand my legal exposure. If anyone knew what I’ve procured for you-[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]WAYNE[/font]
[font=Courier New, monospace]Listen, I can keep a secret, okay? What do you want?[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]People are asking questions about Midway City. The kind of people who can get the answers.
And if they can get those answers, my head will be on a pike.[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]Consider yourself under my protection. If you deliver.[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]Waller hesitates, reaches into her handbag and reveals a TOP SECRET DOCUMENT. Hands it to Wayne, who leafs through it before putting it away.[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]Why, Mr. Wayne?[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]I just like to make friends.

WALLER
That's the difference between us.
You bully them in friendship; I bully them in leverage.[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]Wayne rises and turns.[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]Goodnight. [/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]You look tired. You should stop working nights.[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]INT. Kryptonian ship. A black ops team rappels down through an opening in the ship’s hull. They discover Luthor in communion with some sort of humanoid simulacrum, which dissipates upon detection of the interlopers.[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]Red dots of the rifle scopes train on Luthor.[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]LUTHOR (V.O.)[/font]
[font=Courier New, monospace]Yes, Superman. But, there are more of them.[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]INT. Bat cave.[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]INTERVIEWER[/font]
[font=Courier New, monospace]The meta-human thesis?[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]Yes, the meta-human thesis. More likely than not, these exceptional beings live among us.
The basis of our myths, Gods among men upon our little blue planet here.[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]Wayne is wearily listening to background TV footage of Lex Luthor.[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]NEWS ANCHOR[/font]
[font=Courier New, monospace]That was Luthor’s final public interview before Tuesday’s
dramatic arrest on terrorism charges. The tech billionaire has since been
diagnosed “mentally unfit” to even stand trial for
his alleged role in the Congressional bombing…[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]Wayne turns to the top-secret digital footage of the various “Meta-Humans” procured from Waller: Arthur Currie, Barry Allen and Victor Stone, and is especially curious to note one of them (Diana Prince) in operation as far back as World War I. Curiouser still, a woman he recalls ogling at the Metropolis library only recently.[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]We cut to deep space. Peace for a time, and then a FORCE of energy BOOMS across the darkness, towards Earth. It enters the atmosphere and strikes the Kryptonian wreck site, sending coils of electricity into the evening sky.[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]A distinctive PING.[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]SHIP PA (V.O.)[/font]
[font=Courier New, monospace]Wel.. Wel... come... Welcome. Your- Your- Your security override has been accepted.
G-G-Genesis Chamber ready… Advising. Action forbidden.
It is been decreed by the Council of Krypton that none will ever again
give life to a deformity so hateful to sighted memory. The desecration without name.[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]STEPPENWOLF (V.O.)[/font]
[font=Courier New, monospace]And where is the Council of Krypton?[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]The voice is remote, dark, rasping. Inhuman.[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]Destroyed, sir.[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]STEPPENWOLF (V.O.)[/font]
[font=Courier New, monospace]Then proceed.[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]Another PING.[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]Very- very well. Preparing chrysalis-s-s.[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]NEWS ANCHOR (O.S.)[/font]
[font=Courier New, monospace]We, um, have some breaking developments.[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]INT. Lois Lane's apartment. Lois sits forward.[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]NEWS ANCHOR (O.S.)[/font]
[font=Courier New, monospace]At the crashed Kryptonian ship site...[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]EXT. Kryptonian Ship, night. Lightning continues to crackle from the Kryptonian ship, seemingly drawing power from the city grid.[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]NEWS ANCHOR[/font]
[font=Courier New, monospace]CNN's Brooke Baldwin is on the scene.
Brooke, you're live on the air. What do you see?[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]INT. Daily Planet offices. Lightning from the ship sparks through the large panel windows.[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]JENNY[/font]
[font=Courier New, monospace]There's something happening at the ship. It's sending massive power surges.[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]BROOKE[/font]
[font=Courier New, monospace]The police created a barricade around this containment center.
And we're trying to get a little bit closer here to find out what's going on.
It is absolute chaos. You can see that lightning. Those surges are increasing and
they seem to be getting stronger by the minute.[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]From nowhere, Superman meteors down, smashing the Hull of the Kryptonian wreck site.[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]Within, a giant creature squirms to break free of its chrysalis sack. DOOMSDAY. The monster waylays Superman with shocking blows, sending the Man of Steel out into the surrounding area.[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]INT. Daily Planet offices.[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]LOIS[/font]
[font=Courier New, monospace]I need a chopper to Gotham! Call the heliport.[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]PERRY[/font]
[font=Courier New, monospace]Chopper? We can barely afford a bicycle! You want to chase a story-[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]LOIS[/font]
[font=Courier New, monospace]Perry, it's not for a story.[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]Perry stares reproachfully at Lois for a moment, relents.[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]PERRY[/font]
[font=Courier New, monospace]Jenny, get her a chopper to Gotham.
And forget the heliport, put her on the Goddamn roof. On the roof, Lois![/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]NOTES FOR THE ABOVE: A truncated version of the fight, culminating in Superman’s death. Remove Batman going toe-to-toe, or limit to a few seconds. When Batman realises the spear is key, we see a flashback of him throwing it.[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]THE WORLD MOURNS SUPERMAN, WHILE LOIS AND MARTHA MOURN CLARK.[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]NOTES FOR THE ABOVE: Diana asks Wayne why the others (Meta-Humans) have to fight, and Wayne says “Just a feeling”, we cut to-[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]Flashback: Batman slams his branding fist into the wall near Luthor’s ear and vanishes. Luthor surges to the bars of his cell.[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]The bell cannot be unrung! He's hungry. He's found us- and he's coming!
Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding…[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]Fast forwards: Wayne travels to Iceland to recruit Aquaman.[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]CUT TO BLACK.[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]END.[/font]

Like the teaser so far the inclusion of Suicide Squad works.I will put some thought into it and PM you my ideas.This just might work.

Zarius said:
No problem, I'd have done it earlier but had log-in issues, I checked the thread on the problem and wokred out how to fix it. :)

Where do I leave the "Official" Review as well? I can't seem to find where to do it.I am new here and just having to learn all this stuff on the fly-Thanks for anyone who can pointy me in the right direction

Are you logged in to IFDB? It's seperate from the forums (don't worry, no need to register twice), I have to log in to that before I write a review.

Zarius said:
Are you logged in to IFDB? It's seperate from the forums (don't worry, no need to register twice), I have to log in to that before I write a review.

Thanks! I just submitted the review!

Bobson Dugnutt said:
I read this online article slamming the edit for apparently "missing the point of the movie". Apparently the point of BvS was "creating this larger sociopolitical canvas to set up a better future" which I think was saying that BvS was only intended to set up future films.

https://www.inquisitr.com/4111399/the-inherent-failure-of-the-batman-v-superman-no-justice-cut/

That was one of the earliest mainstream reviews of the edit. Mr. Stewart made some reasonable points, but he fundamentally misunderstood the purpose of the fan edit. No Justice is a critique of Warner Brothers' approach to the DCEU first and foremost. I wanted to iterate that studios and directors must at least give us a coherent story before they can think about universe-building. The main thing from the reviews is how much clearer the narrative and character motivations are for cutting the sequel-bait fuzz that distracts from  the main plot.

I appreciate that the arc involving Superman's perception in the public eye is left unresolved, but there simply is no fan edit without cutting out Doomsday. If I felt the presence of Doomsday was essential, I probably wouldn't have made the fan edit at all. I had no problem with a Death of Superman arc per se, but it's more than enough story for its own movie. So is The Dark Knight Returns, from which the movie also borrowed liberally. These should not have featured in a movie that already featured a dense, twisting political narrative, a Lois subplot and a Justice League set-up. It was typical of Warners’ frantic rush to hang on to Marvel's coat tails.

Finally, Luthor's creation of Doomsday is also the worst moment of the movie by far, and had to go on general principle. It was stupid to the point of infuriating. This supposed genius creates a demigod killing machine that will a) die at the hands of Superman, making Supes a hero, b) kill Superman and then go onto destroy the world unopposed, or c) conveniently die while simultaneously killing Superman. Snyder explained this away as Luthor becoming increasingly insane by this point, conflating mental illness with stupidity.

Hmm I’d keep everything so far, however it might be easier for the ship to malfunction and begin to create doomsday, we know Lex was messing with the ship so perhaps it can be implied that he unintentionally touched something he shouldn’t have or just started creating doomsday before the S.W.A.T team arrives it could almost be like his final F you to Superman “you beat me, but this will kill you” etc though in all honestly I love your idea

Horrifyingly Hillarous said:
Hmm I’d keep everything so far, however it might be easier for the ship to malfunction and begin to create doomsday, we know Lex was messing with the ship so perhaps it can be implied that he unintentionally touched something he shouldn’t have or just started creating doomsday before the S.W.A.T team arrives it could almost be like his final F you to Superman “you beat me, but this will kill you” etc though in all honestly I love your idea

Interesting idea. Perhaps, I could show Lex feeding Zod's body into the machine in the scene just before he gets captured, so he tentatively puts the creation of Doomsday into motion as a sort of "Dead man's switch" in case he was captured? Possibly even have Steppenwolf's voice in his head ordering him to do it, as to eliminate Superman before his arrival on Earth? That would explain Luthor's newfound psychosis better than the movie ever did.

Here's an idea: Superman Returns. Use whatever you can from that to show that after BvS, Superman left instead of dying. He then returns upin hearing about the new threat on earth. Then, when Stepoenwolf is going to be defeated, he unleashes Doomsday, which leads ti Superman's demise.

reeseevans said:
Horrifyingly Hillarous said:

Interesting idea. Perhaps, I could show Lex feeding Zod's body into the machine in the scene just before he gets captured, so he tentatively puts the creation of Doomsday into motion as a sort of "Dead man's switch" in case he was captured? Possibly even have Steppenwolf's voice in his head ordering him to do it, as to eliminate Superman before his arrival on Earth? That would explain Luthor's newfound psychosis better than the movie ever did.

I was actually thinking that someone should do an edit where Luthor is a bit strange in the beginning of BVS but normal none the less BUT when he goes into the ship and it shows home "everything" he goes crazy explaining his behavior later in the movie

felictaciones por esta edicion!

todavia no tuve oportunidad de verla pero por las reseñas suena genial!!

reeseevans said:
Thank you, Satan! Glad you enjoyed it. Please feel free to leave an "official" review if you have the time  ;)

JUSTICE LEAGUE EDIT:
On a semi-related note, I've recently been getting a flurry of messages asking for my Justice League edit, which I would happily provide... if it existed. Methinks an online rumour has snowballed. Unless Warner release an Ultimate / Director's cut with all-new footage, then I have no plans to make an edit. There isn't the same hook that Dawn of Justice had.

GOD IS DEAD:
There's also the troubling issue that I can't connect the end of No Justice with the start of Justice League. I did toss around a few ideas, but couldn't really get one to coherently manifest. I toyed with making an epilogue (called "God is Dead") that showed Steppenwolf use a Mother Box to 'hack' the Kryptonian ship, thereby creating Doomsday and sparking the Death of Superman plot. I got so far, but couldn't convincingly demonstrate the creation of Doomsday. I'm more than happy to chew the fat with anyone who can come up with some inspiration.
: fanedit.org

And below is a work in progress of the screenplay I wrote for it.

[font=Courier New,monospace]GOD IS DEAD (EPILOGUE)

As company logos form on screen-

LEX LUTHOR (V.O.)
But, the bell’s already been rung. And they've heard it, out in the dark… among the stars.

We cut to the Kryptonian scout ship crashing down through the Metropolis cityscape: The “Black Zero” event. With a rising orchestral note, we return to black at the final impact.

18 MONTHS LATER-

BARROWS
There are ways we can help each other.

INT. LexCorp lobby area. Lex LUTHOR and Senator BARROWS are in discussion.

LUTHOR
Yes.

BARROWS
What’s your wish list?

LUTHOR
Um… access to the wreck of the crashed Kryptonian ship…

BARROWS
Done.

Flash forward. Luthor gains entry to the wreckage site.

LUTHOR
The complete remains of the dead alien for testing.

BARROWS
You want Zod’s body?

LUTHOR
Okay.

Flash forward. Using a Kryptonite shard, Luthor surgically removes Zod’s fingerprints, which he then uses to access the ship’s interior. Zod’s alloy key, still resting in its slot, allows Luthor to power up the ship’s command console.

SHIP PA
Wel.. Wel... come... Welcome, General Zod of Kandor.
Analysis revealing ship operating at 37% efficiency. Would you like to assume command?

LUTHOR
Yes, I would… (louder) Yes, I would.

SHIP PA
Very well. Let us begin.
The Kryptonian archive contains knowledge from 100,000 different worlds.

LUTHOR
Good. Teach me.

INT. Upmarket restaurant. Via a rain-streaked window, we spy a meeting between Bruce WAYNE and Amanda WALLER.

WALLER
This is crown jewels here, Mister Wayne.
And you do understand my legal exposure. If anyone knew what I’ve procured for you-

WAYNE
Listen, I can keep a secret, okay? What do you want?

WALLER
People are asking questions about Midway City. The kind of people who can get the answers.
And if they can get those answers, my head will be on a pike.

WAYNE
Consider yourself under my protection. If you deliver.

Waller hesitates, reaches into her handbag and reveals a TOP SECRET DOCUMENT. Hands it to Wayne, who leafs through it before putting it away.

WALLER
Why, Mr. Wayne?

WAYNE
I just like to make friends.

WALLER
That's the difference between us.
You bully them in friendship; I bully them in leverage.

Wayne rises and turns.

WAYNE
Goodnight.

WALLER
You look tired. You should stop working nights.

INT. Kryptonian ship. A black ops team rappels down through an opening in the ship’s hull. They discover Luthor in communion with some sort of humanoid simulacrum, which dissipates upon detection of the interlopers.

Red dots of the rifle scopes train on Luthor.

LUTHOR (V.O.)
Yes, Superman. But, there are more of them.

INT. Bat cave.

INTERVIEWER
The meta-human thesis?

LUTHOR
Yes, the meta-human thesis. More likely than not, these exceptional beings live among us.
The basis of our myths, Gods among men upon our little blue planet here.

Wayne is wearily listening to background TV footage of Lex Luthor.

NEWS ANCHOR
That was Luthor’s final public interview before Tuesday’s
dramatic arrest on terrorism charges. The tech billionaire has since been
diagnosed “mentally unfit” to even stand trial for
his alleged role in the Congressional bombing…

Wayne turns to the top-secret digital footage of the various “Meta-Humans” procured from Waller: Arthur Currie, Barry Allen and Victor Stone, and is especially curious to note one of them (Diana Prince) in operation as far back as World War I. Curiouser still, a woman he recalls ogling at the Metropolis library only recently.

We cut to deep space. Peace for a time, and then a FORCE of energy BOOMS across the darkness, towards Earth. It enters the atmosphere and strikes the Kryptonian wreck site, sending coils of electricity into the evening sky.

A distinctive PING.

SHIP PA (V.O.)
Wel.. Wel... come... Welcome. Your- Your- Your security override has been accepted.
G-G-Genesis Chamber ready… Advising. Action forbidden.
It is been decreed by the Council of Krypton that none will ever again
give life to a deformity so hateful to sighted memory. The desecration without name.

STEPPENWOLF (V.O.)
And where is the Council of Krypton?

The voice is remote, dark, rasping. Inhuman.

SHIP PA (V.O.)
Destroyed, sir.

STEPPENWOLF (V.O.)
Then proceed.

Another PING.

SHIP PA (V.O.)
Very- very well. Preparing chrysalis-s-s.

NEWS ANCHOR (O.S.)
We, um, have some breaking developments.

INT. Lois Lane's apartment. Lois sits forward.

NEWS ANCHOR (O.S.)
At the crashed Kryptonian ship site...

EXT. Kryptonian Ship, night. Lightning continues to crackle from the Kryptonian ship, seemingly drawing power from the city grid.

NEWS ANCHOR
CNN's Brooke Baldwin is on the scene.
Brooke, you're live on the air. What do you see?

INT. Daily Planet offices. Lightning from the ship sparks through the large panel windows.

JENNY
There's something happening at the ship. It's sending massive power surges.

BROOKE
The police created a barricade around this containment center.
And we're trying to get a little bit closer here to find out what's going on.
It is absolute chaos. You can see that lightning. Those surges are increasing and
they seem to be getting stronger by the minute.

From nowhere, Superman meteors down, smashing the Hull of the Kryptonian wreck site.

Within, a giant creature squirms to break free of its chrysalis sack. DOOMSDAY. The monster waylays Superman with shocking blows, sending the Man of Steel out into the surrounding area.

INT. Daily Planet offices.

LOIS
I need a chopper to Gotham! Call the heliport.

PERRY
Chopper? We can barely afford a bicycle! You want to chase a story-

LOIS
Perry, it's not for a story.

Perry stares reproachfully at Lois for a moment, relents.

PERRY
Jenny, get her a chopper to Gotham.
And forget the heliport, put her on the Goddamn roof. On the roof, Lois!

NOTES FOR THE ABOVE: A truncated version of the fight, culminating in Superman’s death. Remove Batman going toe-to-toe, or limit to a few seconds. When Batman realises the spear is key, we see a flashback of him throwing it.

THE WORLD MOURNS SUPERMAN, WHILE LOIS AND MARTHA MOURN CLARK.

NOTES FOR THE ABOVE: Diana asks Wayne why the others (Meta-Humans) have to fight, and Wayne says “Just a feeling”, we cut to-

Flashback: Batman slams his branding fist into the wall near Luthor’s ear and vanishes. Luthor surges to the bars of his cell.

LUTHOR
The bell cannot be unrung! He's hungry. He's found us- and he's coming!
Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding…

Fast forwards: Wayne travels to Iceland to recruit Aquaman.

CUT TO BLACK.

END.
[/font]
 ​

I quite like this idea in general, but what if rather than an "epilogue" you made this part of the opening Narration/Montage of JL? That might make it easier to make some of the narrative changes convincing.

Back
Top Bottom