• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Batman: The Killing Joke-The DCAU Cut

This is interesting to say the least. Love to see what else you have done since the 23rd.
I just finished rendering the version with the post-credits scene today, and have sent out the 'prequel' episode to my usual 'feeler' for comments/suggestions

I just finished rendering the version with the post-credits scene today, and have sent out the 'prequel' episode to my usual 'feeler' for comments/suggestions
As in the entire version or just the prequel segment?

As in the entire version or just the prequel segment?
Both, I wanted to make sure I got the 'prequel' just right so I sent it out to him first

He found I left in a reference to Lex helpiing Batman out against "Cyborg Superman" and becoming a Justice League member, which actually kind of 'works' for the series of DC edits I'm doing. Lex earning the League's trust can eventually lead into my Public Enemies edit where Lex is President (but of course he screws it up for himself), and I can always take the Reign of the Supermen animated movie and turn it into a Superman TAS or JLU episode and focus on him there.

Just about ready to send out screener copies to anyone who's interested in giving them a look see. If all goes well, we're looking at a release probably next week (might be earlier over on reddit)

Just about ready to send out screener copies to anyone who's interested in giving them a look see. If all goes well, we're looking at a release probably next week (might be earlier over on reddit)
I'm down to give it a look.

I just watched the original version of this "movie" and it was baffling. I have no idea what the first half had to do with the second, and neither was very good. Best of luck salvaging anything out of this mess.

I just watched the original version of this "movie" and it was baffling. I have no idea what the first half had to do with the second, and neither was very good. Best of luck salvaging anything out of this mess.
Thought I had clicked on a Spider-Man Far From Home thread, was very confused by this post for a second (I mean I'm not the biggest fan of that movie but it's at least coherent) ๐Ÿ˜†

No progress has been made so far on the 'flashbacks' edition, but I hope to be motivated soon. Just taking a break from editing in general

Decided to just say 'screw it' to the flashbacks edition. I'll probably release it next week.

This sounds interesting, It may be a bit odd however with the hush footage considering jason o'mara is batman there and bats looks different too than batman in the killing joke. Also hush is apart of the DCAMU so combining it with killing joke in an attempt to make it part of the DCAU is an interesting undertaking. (I don't mind though because to me the hush film is poo poo and not canon in DCAMU ๐Ÿ˜…) However I'd be super interested in seeing this! ๐Ÿ˜€

This sounds interesting, It may be a bit odd however with the hush footage considering jason o'mara is batman there and bats looks different too than batman in the killing joke. Also hush is apart of the DCAMU so combining it with killing joke in an attempt to make it part of the DCAU is an interesting undertaking. (I don't mind though because to me the hush film is poo poo and not canon in DCAMU ๐Ÿ˜…) However I'd be super interested in seeing this! ๐Ÿ˜€
Yeah, it does require a bit of 'suspension of disbelief' to work at all, but those who have previewed the edit haven't really minded the differences

Yeah, it does require a bit of 'suspension of disbelief' to work at all, but those who have previewed the edit haven't really minded the differences
I'd imagine so, I can't wait until you release this ๐Ÿ˜€ gonna be awesome man!

Just to clarify, is there no flashbacks version that's gonna be released? because the one thing I heavily disliked in hush was how they threw out the dialogue between batman and gordon about what joker did to jason, babs and sarah. It made it feel less personal but I understand why they did it, because the film takes place in the DCAMU and jason doesn't exist in that nor does sarah and babs isn't crippled. Or at least they were never shown. I also understand you can't add in dialogue between batman and gordon but I feel flashbacks would suffice enough. Overall this seems really cool although I'm not so sure how it would come across as apart of the DCAU because of the different batman voices as well as joker but with that I feel it makes sense in the way, if that joker he beats is the fake joker then that's why he sounds the way he does and real joker is mark hamill ๐Ÿ˜€ unfortunately there is no similar argument for the two batman voices but suspension of disbelief I guess. Btw I love how much jason o'mara sounds like kevin conroy when he says "joker..." in that one clip, did I mention how much I love jason o'mara ๐Ÿ˜…

Just to clarify, is there no flashbacks version that's gonna be released? because the one thing I heavily disliked in hush was how they threw out the dialogue between batman and gordon about what joker did to jason, babs and sarah. It made it feel less personal but I understand why they did it, because the film takes place in the DCAMU and jason doesn't exist in that nor does sarah and babs isn't crippled. Or at least they were never shown. I also understand you can't add in dialogue between batman and gordon but I feel flashbacks would suffice enough. Overall this seems really cool although I'm not so sure how it would come across as apart of the DCAU because of the different batman voices as well as joker but with that I feel it makes sense in the way, if that joker he beats is the fake joker then that's why he sounds the way he does and real joker is mark hamill ๐Ÿ˜€ unfortunately there is no similar argument for the two batman voices but suspension of disbelief I guess. Btw I love how much jason o'mara sounds like kevin conroy when he says "joker..." in that one clip, did I mention how much I love jason o'mara ๐Ÿ˜…
Yeah, it's quite uncanny, it fits really well. I wish I had better expertease with voice alteration or something so I could make him sound distinctly more conroy-ish

BTW, the lack of flashbacks are largely just me removing all of the Joker's origin from Killing Joke. Not a lot from Hush is used at all.

Yeah, it's quite uncanny, it fits really well. I wish I had better expertease with voice alteration or something so I could make him sound distinctly more conroy-ish

BTW, the lack of flashbacks are largely just me removing all of the Joker's origin from Killing Joke. Not a lot from Hush is used at all.
Ah I see, well sounds really good. btw the flashback talk got me thinking and now I have started something with hush I think is turning out pretty well! ๐Ÿ˜€

Back
Top Bottom