• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Batman TAS; Mask of the Phantasm TV cut

theryaney said:
Alright. :)

How about this?

Thank you sir!

I noticed that I added a "the" in the text that shouldn't be there. Here it is corrected.

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]Gotham's crime bosses are in fear. A mysterious dark crusader is bent on wiping out the city's heads of crime, for good. All evidence points towards the Batman. Has the cape crusader crossed the line and become the very thing he has sworn to protect Gotham from, or has a darker presence emerged in the night?[/font]

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]Watch the mystery unfold in DigModiFicaTion's TV cut of Mask of the Phantasm. See the origin of the Batman in episodic form, presented as a pilot series of the Emmy winning Batman: The Animated Series.[/font]
[font=Raleway, sans-serif]Featuring:[/font]
  • Batman: The Animated Series Opening and Closing Credits
  • Custom Mask of the Phantasm Title Cards
  • Previously on Batman openings
  • Removal of visually suggestive themes to align with 90's TV

I just noticed that too. Heads of the crime? ;)

artboard-copy-935.png

What is the source for the edits? I wouldn't mind seeing them but I only have the dvd from 2005, not sure of the blu ray will ever get released here and I wouldn't feel right watching the edits if they come from a superior source.

The source is the standard DVD version. So no worries there Omaru1982.

The release has been stalled due to current life priorities. It should be done in the next coming days.

Edit now on ifdb. Thread moved. Kapow!!

Congrats on your fourth edit so far. :)

Left you a review Digi :)

There seems to have been an issue with episodes 1 & 2 so I'm going to re-up those. I'll also be attempting to upload to vimeo. Check the OP for updates later today.

Edit is now up on vimeo. OP updated
password: fanedit.org

One down, two to go, very nicely done, the TV aesthetics are spot on.

Thanks for uploading to to Vimeo! Here's my review left on IFDB:

I absolutely love "Batman: The Animated Series" and I rank "Mask of the Phantasm" as the second-best animated feature (behind only "Return of the Joker"). This was a simple fanedit, as it didn't require a complete overhaul of the film or a ton of micro-editing to remove single lines, but it was quite effective. I watched it over three nights to really give it the proper episodic feel the editor was going for. I had a blast watching it and loved how DigMod made it truly seem like a 3-part pilot episode of the show. The only niggle I have about it is that I think Dig should have kept each episode to 22 minutes. It would have been easy to trim episodes 2 & 3 down a bit to fit the runtime. Then it would have been even more glorious. Highly recommended for Batman fans.

9.1 avg rating

Thanks for the review @"Neglify"! I'd love to collaborate on the trimming of episodes 2 and 3 if you have ideas :)

Off the top of my head I remember thinking in Ep 2 that the World Fair flashback could be trimmed quite a bit. In fact most of the flashbacks can probably be trimmed. And I remember thinking that long chase at the beginning of Ep 3 could be cut down. Really it's just a matter of trimming a bunch of little things. Like for example, a static shot of Batman walking to a closet then a shot of him opening the door then a shot of his face looking at what's in the closet then a shot of what's in the closet, there were plenty of those types of scenes that can be trimmed.

But also if you keep it as is it's still damn great. :)

Back
Top Bottom