• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Batman: Path To Justice

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Polish_20220529_162817695.jpg

Trailer

Premise

I thoroughly enjoy Ben Affleck's performance as Bruce Wayne/Batman and I genuinely wish he had had a true solo outing. It's wonderful that we'll see more of his interpretation of the Bat in the forthcoming Flash film but I fear that will be the last time we see him don the cowl. This edit sprang from a half baked idea that happened to coincide with a block of free time and all the files I needed being readily available on my laptop.

Basically, I was working on a new colour grading for the Batman V Superman footage to use in my The League edit. I wondered what would happen if you removed all the Clark centric sequences from the film. Could it create a new enjoyable viewing experience? Could it maybe give us a facsimile of a Batman movie? Well the answer was a resounding yes and yes.
Over five hours I trimmed away 50 minutes of content, I did have to leave some sequences with Clark, Lois and Martha but ultimately they allow the edit to breathe and make sense. What is left is a fun action packed film clocking in at 2:12.

Full disclosure; I really rather like Batman V Superman and as such this is a simple 'subtraction' edit. I didn't amend the portrayal of Lex or anything to with the narrative. I simply tightened the focus on Bruce Wayne.

Cut list

• The desert assault - Gone
  • Desert witness plotline - Largely gone (first scene only)
  • Lois and the bullet investigation - Gone
  • Clark and the Daily Planet investigation - Gone
  • Lois in general - Most scenes pre BvS fight cut except those needed to establish her as a character
  • Martha Kent - Most scenes cut except those that establish her character
  • Justice League content - Meta-human files cut, Knightmare scene cut, Flash time travel message cut.
Original Ultimate Edition runtime 182
Batman: Path to Justice runtime 132

There were various audio tweaks and work arounds to facilitate smooth transitions and a total overhaul of the colour grading which was, of course, the whole reason I was working on this in the first place.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well now, the latest review from @JosephDQuinn got me thinking about this edit in a whole new light.

I've still yet to watch the Flash but I will be doing so soon as I know there is at least some Batman content to be had and ZSJL and the theatrical cuts of Justice League certianly provide lots of of additional Batman man moments that could be repurposed if needed and then there's Suicide Squad which gives the best and most appropriate crime fighting content to flesh out the story and it's ending.

So, what if the fight between Batman and Superman became the conclusion? If in axed the whole Doomsday section and have Batman kill Superman and swoop off to hunt down his true enemy, the Joker*, who of course will have been peppered throughout the edit.

I not sure how it would have a satisfying conclusion, especially Lex's story but I think I'm going to storyboard a structure and see IF it is possible. I'm confident I could find some footage of Jessie Rosenberg celebrating "something" to wrap things up and have the whole movie end in a similar way to The Dark Knight, where Batman is now a full blown pariah.

Is this worth exploring?

*(I actually like that version of the Joker, I don't love it but I do enjoy it).

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've still yet to watch the Flash but I will be doing so soon as I know there is at least some Batman content to be had
In the scenes featuring Batfleck, his suit is a different colour than in BVS. There's a possibility it could be colour-corrected, not sure. Or you could pass it off as him just wearing different suits for different occasions, to be fair I suppose he already wears a couple different suits in BVS. I believe the only scenes with Bruce are alongside Barry so that might not help. I still think Flash is worth watching, but if you are just watching it for the sake of Batfleck then you might end up slightly disapointed.

I'm confident I could find some footage of Jessie Rosenberg celebrating "something"
I immediately thought of The Social Network, but he might be too noticibly younger, and the hair wouldn't match (that reminded me of an idea I had once, recontextualizing BVS to be a sequel to The Social Network with Mark Zuckerburg as the villian rather than Lex Luthor, but I digress). I am wondering now if there are any other movies where Jesse Eisenberg's hair matches his BVS hair, that might be the real challenge.

PanteraSteel

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well now, the latest review from @JosephDQuinn got me thinking about this edit in a whole new light.

I've still yet to watch the Flash but I will be doing so soon as I know there is at least some Batman content to be had and ZSJL and the theatrical cuts of Justice League certianly provide lots of of additional Batman man moments that could be repurposed if needed and then there's Suicide Squad which gives the best and most appropriate crime fighting content to flesh out the story and it's ending.

So, what if the fight between Batman and Superman became the conclusion? If in axed the whole Doomsday section and have Batman kill Superman and swoop off to hunt down his true enemy, the Joker*, who of course will have been peppered throughout the edit.

I not sure how it would have a satisfying conclusion, especially Lex's story but I think I'm going to storyboard a structure and see IF it is possible. I'm confident I could find some footage of Jessie Rosenberg celebrating "something" to wrap things up and have the whole movie end in a similar way to The Dark Knight, where Batman is now a full blown pariah.

Is this worth exploring?

*(I actually like that version of the Joker, I don't love it but I do enjoy it).
check out BVS NO JUSTICE edit and that ending.

Top Bottom