• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

"Batman Forever" director's cut still being discussed

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
In the midst of the craziness of this year, I somehow missed that Joel Schumacher passed away in June. RIP, Mr. Schumacher.

Despite the director himself not being able to oversee any work, there are apparently behind-the-scenes rumblings at Warner Bros. about releasing the original 170-minute cut of the film.Ā 

There are multiple fan editors that have taken a stab at reconstructing the original film with the little bit of footage available, most notably with The Red Book Edition. It might be nice if an official version finally got released, although the article does indicate that there's been no such announcement from WB.

If the director's cut of Justice League next year is a huge hit on HBO Max, though, it wouldn't be surprising if WB looked at what else it could exhume from its vaults.

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Personally, I hope it happens. More footage means much more to work with in regards to fan editing. šŸ˜

IguanaSlip

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I also really want them to release it, but sadly Warner has that tendency of saying they will release something if there's interest in it, then interest in it, and they don't ever release it.

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I also really want them to release it, but sadly Warner has that tendency of saying they will release something if there's interest in it, then interest in it, and they don't ever release it.
Well, what about the Snyder Cut?

IguanaSlip

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, what about the Snyder Cut?
I'm not dismissing the case of ZSJL, it's just that it doesn't change that WB tends to not deliver something even when they have people interested, even with stuff they promise. ZSJL was an exception, but on the other hand, they also did stuff like promise a Supercut of IT 1 & 2, and we're still owed that. It might be released, but WB is one of those companies where your expectations have to be low.

Hymie

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, the Snyder Cut was born out of HBOMAX needing new content after the pandemic put a halt on many of the shows they had in development. WB released a trailer right after making it very clear they had no intention of continuing that story and have no intention on working with Snyder anymore.

Top Bottom