• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Batman Begins: Dark Cut by JMB

To be honest, I don't really remember it :-(

I'll compare the two when I have some time later. My favorite part about this edit is that it IS Batman Begins for me, now. I don't remember most of the differences, I just prefer it to the original. A nice companion piece is the edit "The Rise and Fall of Harvey Dent".

I'd love to watch this but it doesn't seem to be available.

None of the files in the .dlc file are still online and it's not on Usenet (which is where ALL fan editors should keep their projectd!!)

Any chance this will be online again soon?

Mojo_LA said:
I'd love to watch this but it doesn't seem to be available.

None of the files in the .dlc file are still online and it's not on Usenet (which is where ALL fan editors should keep their projectd!!)

Any chance this will be online again soon?

http://www.fanedit.org/forums/misc.php?do=vsarules

If a fanedit is offline, please first review the forum thread for the edit to see if the editor has posted information about this. Then check the Trades and Requests Forum to see if anybody has already brought the issue up. If nobody has mentioned it, you are free to send a private message to the faneditor or start a new thread in the Trades and Requests Forum.

Do not post things such as “Can somebody send me the links for this fanedit?” in a thread not in the Trades and Requests Forum. Posts like that will be deleted and the users will be redirected to the Trades and Requests Forum and these Rules.

Posting “This fanedit is offline” or “The links are down :(“ in an edit’s discussion thread is highly discouraged. Instead of doing that, send a PM to the editor or go to the Trades and Request Forum to see if some kind soul has reuploaded the fanedit.

I'll compare the two when I have some time later. My favorite part about this edit is that it IS Batman Begins for me, now. I don't remember most of the differences, I just prefer it to the original. A nice companion piece is the edit "The Rise and Fall of Harvey Dent".​
Two of my all time favorite edits. Both are absolutely superb.

The avi version of this edit is again available on .info, hosted on 1fichier.

Thank to Dethryl the DVD5 is up on Mediafire. DLC submitted to Info.

Thank you JMB for a wonderful edit of Batman Begins! Very improved version of Nolan's film. More true to Batman, more immersive, less cliche, less silly, and of course less annoying Katie Holmes voice.

My review is posted below:

What a treat JMB has given us! So far, this is my favourite fan edit and, in my opinion, an improvement on the original version of Batman Begins.

Cheesy lines and cliche jokes have pretty much all been removed, resulting in a consistent tone throughout the movie. Very atmospheric.

I really liked that Batman was even more of a loner in this edit (having the AI drive the batmobile at the end instead of Gordon, and tweaks to several scenes involving Rachel)

The adjustments made to the last scene with Rachel (in the rubble of Wayne manor) were especially impressive and actually resulted in an ending (in regards to their relationship) that made more sense and felt more in line with the essence of Batman (from the comics).

Rachel's voice! With JMB's adjustments to her voice, I could actually take her seriously rather than feeling like I'm listening to an annoying child.

I like that the over-the-top-ness of the bad guys (main villains like Falcone and Scarecrow, as well as henchmen) was toned down. I found them kind of silly in the theatrical cut.

And while I really liked the rooftop part of the batmobile chase scene in the theatrical cut, I was pleasantly surprised at how well the chase sequence worked without that segment (and the god-awful acting by the cops). I really liked that Rachel no longer asks "what are you doing?" and Batman says, "shortcut".

There were various adjustments made to imagery and audio throughout, but they were never out of place. The editing seemed quite professionally done. The only time an edit seemed slightly choppy was when Batman told Alfred (via radio or something) that the batmobile was his failsafe (when he was going after Ras in the train). Even then, it wasn't blaringly obvious or intrusive, and in terms of the plot and nature of Batman, it actually made more sense than having Gordon drive it.

Overall, an exceptional fan edit that I think is a lot better than the original version. I wish this is the version that I had seen in theatres. From now on, I will be watching this edit when I want my Batman fix.

Thank you very much JMB.

wilhelm scream said:
Does anyone know where I can find this?

As a long time member, you should already know the rules. Do not request fanedits in the forum except for the Trade/Requests section.

theryaney said:
wilhelm scream said:

As a long time member, you should already know the rules. Do not request fanedits in the forum except for the Trade/Requests section.

I did, and nobody responded. The editor has been offline for years.

wilhelm scream said:

@"wilhelm scream" how do you not know the rules by now?

Knock it off.

wilhelm scream said:
theryaney said:
wilhelm scream said:

2 point infraction issued.  You don't get to ignore the rules just because you don't get what you want.

TVs Frink said:
wilhelm scream said:
theryaney said:
wilhelm scream said:

2 point infraction issued.  You don't get to ignore the rules just because you don't get what you want.

What's an infraction?

A warning.  Get a few more and you get a temp ban.

Back
Top Bottom