• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Batman: Arkham City

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Game comes out next week, who else is excited for this one?

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
any self-respecting batman fan who owns a ps3/xbox 360/strong enough pc should be excited about it. the first one was f**king awesome and from the reviews of the second one this looks better in any imaginable way.
in an ign video batman punches a shark in the face! now that's bad-ass!

Sunarep

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
the best thing to bridge the waiting for dark knight rises :D
the first one was incredible except for the final boss fight which i hated

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just finished Arkham Asylum. Excellent game, colour me excited!

havok1977

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Between the anticipation for this new game and the really great quality of some of the Batman (among others) comic books that were part of the recent relaunch I just cant get enough of the Distinguished Competition :)

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I had to cancel the Collector's Edition because my PS3 had a YLOD and we don't have the funds to replace it (yet) :-(
But I'm definitely buying the regular version when I get a new console! :)

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Next week? it comes out tomorrow in the US and Friday for folk like me.
It's the first game I've ever pre-ordered and I really haven't anticipated a video game this much since MGS3.

Saw a video for the bonus-y combat level of Mad Hatter, everything was warped and batman had a distorted face with rabbit ears (think donnie darko) I was worried the lack of Scarecrow would not give us any great moments, glad to be proven wrong.

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Picked up my pre-order from Gamestop earlier this morning, currently installing on my PS3 along with downloading the Catwoman missions from the PlayStation Store (using the passcode that's included with the game). :D

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Got a new PS3 Slim, courtesy of my girlfriend, so I've ordered Arkham City C.E. again, along with FIFA 12 :)

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
received this today courtesy of walmart.com. it came with Arkham City and Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition. as well as a $10 gift card. which is just really awesome.

so far, ive played 2 of the Catwoman missions and still just starting out on it. so far, it's been pretty awesome.

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
8 hours into it so far and I've barely cleared 16% of the game, with only 27% of the story missions done - there is a TON of stuff to do in this game, not counting the 400-some Riddler trophies, riddles, and challenges all around everywhere.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
My first run will definitely be on discovery mode :)

juice4z0

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Btw if you buy NOS energy drink (reward series can, it says on can) under the tab is a code u can redeem for a batman beyond skin. Gives you option of ps3 or 360

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm waiting for the PC version next month. It will look 10x better thanks to PhysX. :)

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
juice4z0 said:
Btw if you buy NOS energy drink (reward series can, it says on can) under the tab is a code u can redeem for a batman beyond skin. Gives you option of ps3 or 360
All those additional costumes will no doubt find their way to PSN sooner or later. They always do. Those companies that pay good money for those costumes only pay exclusive rights for a couple of months (i.e. Best Buy, GameSpot, etc...). Give it some time, and we'll all have them.

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kal-El said:
All those additional costumes will no doubt find their way to PSN sooner or later. They always do. Those companies that pay good money for those costumes only pay exclusive rights for a couple of months (i.e. Best Buy, GameSpot, etc...). Give it some time, and we'll all have them.
All of the DLC for Arkham City -whether it be the character skins or various pre-order Challenge Maps - have been confirmed to be released for sale over PSN and X-Box Live in November and December.

EDIT: On an additional note, I've finished the main storyline of the game and am now going around collecting Riddler trophies (which are also required for his side quest where you save various hostages that he's kidnapped) - after that's all done, I'll start up the New Game Plus and see how much more challenging it is with tougher enemies and NO counter indicator...

juice4z0

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The hardest part is the no counter thing. Harder enemys just means more people with shields and armor

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
All you have to do is keep a close eye on everyone. The minute someone makes a move towards you, counter it. You should have 'plenty of time' to counter it properly.

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kal-El said:
All you have to do is keep a close eye on everyone. The minute someone makes a move towards you, counter it. You should have 'plenty of time' to counter it properly.
Yeah, that's a little harder to do when you're locked in a room with 20+ thugs and a**holes trying to beat your brains in with their fists, chairs, knives, explody crap, and lord-knows what else.... :-o

Top Bottom