• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Batch Processing in VDub

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
How??????? i've been trying to work it out for the last hour and im not getting anywhere!

im guessing its to do with the script or job files but theres nothing in the help file about how to set either up and my web searches have been equally unhelpful. all the sites swear that vdub supports batch processing just none of them tell you how to do it :(

im desperate to get batch processing working as i can get 3 or 4 files processed a night which will cut down on edit time considerably!!

I don't know.

It's pretty easy.

Put together the first video and set everything up how you want it encoded.
Pull down file menu and select "Save As" (or F7)
Fill everything out and check the box "Don't Run this job now; add it to job control so I can run it in batch mode." (Pretty cryptic right?)
Click the "Save" button at the bottom.

Do this for all your videos, each time use Save-As and make sure that box is checked (it should stay checked).
When you're ready pull down the file menu, select "Job Control" (or F4) and click the Start button.
And away you go.

ahhhhhh its always the obvious things that get overlooked! :)

thanks for the info

I couldn't figure it out on my own either.
I learned it in a guide that taught me to do 2-pass divx manually with the original VDub way back when.

Back
Top Bottom