• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Balboa by JetSetWilly

One small update:

Just watching it back, and theres a few other bits I thought I could snip:

because I cut Rocky's promise not to fight again, there was a bit left in where paullie says he'd go and talk to her, when Rocky doing half-hearted training. That line, plus the half hearted training, is now gone. Also, the side plot of Adrian going into a coma while giving birth, and Adrian being rushed to hospital is now all gone. Instead she gives birth normally, and she just says to Rocky to win for her after they both see Rocky Jr for the first time. Because of this, the training montage (with Gonna Fly Now '79) is now moved to before we see Rocky and Adrian's boy for the first time.

After Mickey says that Rocky needs greasy, fast speed, we go to that training montage. After the birth, we then go to Rocky going into overdrive training, and getting the speed Mickey talked about, and then cuts to the fight after Rocky gives the speed ball a good smacking.

Rocky going to see Father Carmine before the fight is now cut, and so is the subsequent scene of Rocky being late, meaning he was there the same time as Apollo.

In total, about another 15-20 minutes has been cut altogether, meaning a run length of 130 minutes, with 1 1/4 hour of footage from Rocky, and about 55 minutes from Rocky II

Watched it back, and I don't think there's anyting left I can do to it. So, anyone fancy taking it for a whirl, give me some feedback?

Ive made a new poster for the edit, but I can't remember how to post it up here (been ages since I've done it last). How do you do it?

Also the edit has been submitted to .info. Anyone wants the dlc now, can message me, and I'll message them back

Are you trying to show the poster in this thread? If so, use an image hosting site like imgur.

Yeah. I had a feeling it had to go onto a site, but i just couldnt rememeber. Thanks, Frink :)

Here's the new poster I knocked up last night. Will be working on a new cover and dvd label as well

(edit: this one is version 2, as the first was scrapped)

BALBOA%20BETTER%20POSTER_zps5al1likz.jpg
[/IMG]

Is the text all supposed to be off-center like that? I find the yellow color difficult to read as well.

^ Agreed.
Could you substitute a different font?
While it works for BALBOA, it does not for STALLONE & WEATHERS,
and certainly not for the text.
The black streaks in the yellow look dirty.

One of the Rocky posters used Franklin Gothic, bold but clean.

It was just a quick knock up, really. i can definitely do a better one. It was meant to be off center, but will be more centralized on the next one

EDIT: just changed it over, with a new version, with a better font than before. the font is easier, and after feeling the original was a bit cluttered, is less so now i feel.

Maybe something a little more like this....? Yeah, I know typos.... lol

But most Rocky posters use a white font.... I think the yellow is a bit too bold. Something as simple as centring your text can really elevate a poster layout. Anyway, just wanted to share. Feel free to steal any ideas if you like them.

[IMG

]
AWHJTw8l.jpg
[/IMG]

You know what, Bob, I like that. I like it a lot. Can I use that as the new front cover?

JetSetWilly said:
You know what, Bob, I like that. I like it a lot. Can I use that as the new front cover?

Of course. I will fix the typos and send you a final version.

Gatos said:
Well if I can chime in with my two cents. I think you need to slow down!

But don't slow down too much. I finished a Rocky & Rocky II edit over a year ago but was unhappy with the digital looking credits over the start and wanted to learn how to fake analogue style credits that 'wobble' slightly and aren't as sharp. Still haven't done it and still haven't released my edit. Apart from the credits at the start, it's finished.

g1orkatsos said:
Oh boy! Can't wait to see this!

Well it's finished, watch it and write a review. Four people liked the first posting, ie they like the idea of this edit, but noone seems to have watched it, that's strange.

NewSpock said:
Four people liked the first posting, ie they like the idea of this edit, but noone seems to have watched it, that's strange.

Welcome to fanedit.org, home of the "can't wait to see it" cliche post.

Neglify said:
Welcome to fanedit.org, home of the "can't wait to see it" cliche post.

Yeah, it's a bit sad, though. When I like the idea of an edit, I would want to watch it, when finished, and when watched I would want to write a review, it's the least one could do to thank for creating and offering the edit. I don't get this apathy.

I wouldn't call it apathy. It's human nature to lose interest in hobbies.

NewSpock said:
Well it's finished, watch it and write a review. Four people liked the first posting, ie they like the idea of this edit, but noone seems to have watched it, that's strange.
Well, when your University sucks all the life and energy out of you, and leaves you with almost zero free time, you tend to focus your attention on other more important stuff for a while, and have different priorities. This not apathy, or having anything against the faneditor and his edit, or not caring enough. It's just life, you know? :)

g1orkatsos said:
Well, when your University sucks all the life and energy out of you, and leaves you with almost zero free time, you tend to focus your attention on other more important stuff for a while, and have different priorities. This not apathy, or having anything against the faneditor and his edit, or not caring enough. It's just life, you know? :)

Life, university? You need to check your priorities there.;-)

You need to stop being a douche. I know you put a ;) emoticon, but come on dude, what's your big hang up on this? So frickin what, some guy said he was interested in watching a fanedit and never did. You don't know what the hell is going on in this guy's life, stop trying to call him out on nothing.

Back
Top Bottom