• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

background sound too loud after encoding to wave

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I had the problem for the first time now, but got it solved:
the problem:
when encoding the audio with adobe audition from ac3 to wave (which is a necessary step for the way CBB fanedits work) the background suddenly was way too loud and the actors talking was way to low.
the reason:
probably the surround mixing, using the front speakers for the background this time.
the solution:
I tried hedac3he. And it worked great.

I just wanted to post this in case anybody else has a similar problem.

I have an adobe audition question of my own. Audition goes through the usual process when I import my Ac3 files, but when its done importing all I have is a line in the multitrack instead of a wave. There is no audio, only silence. If anyone could let me know what I'm doing incorrectly I sure would appreciate it.

you need to import ac3 as "extract audio from video"
otherwise adobe cannot read ac3 properly.

yes, that what i've been doing (I'm actually following your How To guide, which is excellent by the way). I just tried it again to be sure, and still no luck.

hmmm...let's see. Did you listen to the ac3 file? Is it the expected audio file?
Try headac3he, it is freeware. It transcodes ac3 to wav. You can work with the wave file in adobe then.

Yes it is the correct file. I believe I will try headac3he. Thank you for your help.

that is what I do, if one doesn't work for whatever reasons I use another. One should never rely on one piece of software only.

Back
Top Bottom