• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Back to the Future -The Hill Valley Chronicles Miniseries

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thvc.png

Back To The Future: The Hill Valley Chronicles
Tagline: Back In Time For Teatime
Original Movie Titles: Back To The Future pts 1,2,3
Genre: Sci Fi Fantasy Romance Comedy 
Fanedit Type: FanMix 
Original Release Date: 1985,1989,1990
Original Running Time: 342 Mins
Fanedit Running Time: 327 Mins (10 Episodes)

Available in HD? YES 720p

Synopsis:
The Hill Valley Chronicles takes the enormously popular Back To The Future Trilogy and adapts it to a 'Quantum Leap' style 30 minute teatime TV show comprising of ten episodes. This new adaptation puts a fresh spin on the trilogy by reshaping the narrative so that all the parallel events of November 12 1955 in the trilogy collide with each other.

Intention:
The primary purpose of the edit was to manipulate the events of BTTF1 to allow the 1955 scenes in BTTF1 to run chronologically parallel to the 1955 scenes in BTTF2 seeing how November 12 1955 played out the second time round with two Marty’s and two Doc Browns inhabiting Hill Valley.
I also think the movies fit the ‘teatime sci-fi tvshow’ format well so a lot of work went into creating the previously, intro titles, end titles and ‘next time’ teaser for each episode ending on a cliff hanger where possible.

Additional Notes:
Episode List
Episode 01 Things Ain't What They Used To Be
Episode 02 Future Proofing
Episode 03 Back And Forthright *
Episode 04 Two Heads Are Better Than None *
Episode 05 A Date With Density *
-----------------------------------------------
Choose your own way  to watch the events of the evening of November 12 1955 scenes
The Temporal Junction Point/Amazing Coincidence Experience
Episode 06 Happy Temporal Junction Point Of The Entire Space Time Continuum Day! *
An Extended 45 minute episode.
(In this version all the 1955 scenes from both movies are intercut)

The BTTF First Time Viewer Experience
Episode 06-A Temporal Junction Points of View Part One*
(The events of November 12 1955 from a BTTF1 focused perspective)
Episode 06-B Temporal Junction Points of View Part Two*
(The events of November 12 1955 from a BTTF2 focused perspective)
Both need to be viewed but the viewing order is entirely up to the viewer
------------------------------------------------
Episode 07 Rio Bravado*
Episode 08 Hang 'Em At High Noon*
Episode 09 The Good, The Bad And The Lovely
Episode 10 Back To The Future?

Alternate Episodes 
Episode 01 Pilot Style Opening
Episode 10 Back To Reality?
A homage to Back To The Future:The Reality Cut

*black and white version also included

Other Sources:
Back To the Future 1 and 3 OST
Trivia for Mary Steenburgen fans some audio effects used in her 1979 time travel movie with Malcolm Mcdowell 'Time After Time' were used in one of the episodes.

Trailer 

This Weeks Episode.

tylerdurden389

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Good luck. My edit that combines parts 2 and 3 clocks in at 2 hours and 40 minutes.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, you could play the original movie and then when Marty is being chased after Doc is shot, flash all the possibilities in fast forward and have the Lybian's blow up the Delorean. That would clock in much lower than 3 hours.

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Put a very rough experimental cut together last night, of the 1955 parts and decided just to use parts 1 and 2, I am planning to edit so Doc Brown is sent back to 1985 instead of 1885 when the lightning hits the delorean in part 2 and it will conclude with Marty 1 going back to 1985's original timeline and MArty 2 being trapped in 1955 with young Doc Brown. It's actually highlighted the fact that had everything gone to plan in BTTF2, Marty 2 would have been unable to go back to the 1985 Marty 1 went back to. Assuming the timeline wasn't altered by Marty 2's actions in BTTF2 there would have been two Marty Mcflys in 1985 if he had simply gone back with Doc after retrieving the almanac.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This all sounds very intriguing!

I'm not sure how you can cut all the 1955 scenes and still have everything make sense, though. In the second movie, I can see you cutting around that, but the bulk of the first movie (and some of the best scenes in the trilogy) happened there.

It looks like you tried to explain it more in your second post, but I'm still confused. Maybe it's my own fault for being a bit tired today. :D Maybe once you show us some preview clips, I'll have a better idea of what you're going for.

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes I've run into a few issues with the 1955 scenes, theres a lot to juggle when george punchs biff, marty 2 attempting to pinch the almanac from Strickland, marty 1 being locked in the trunk of the bands car, the band threatening Biff cohorts , Ive managed to cut it without any scene feeling too much like its on pause till we return. I have for instance had to use the george biff knockout punch from BTTF2 rather than the more dramatic one in BTTF1 so it would lose something for a first time viewer. Narratively I feel its working but it definitely plays better to someone already familiar with the original films which lets face it is just about everyone...

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sinnbad0910 said:
Put a very rough experimental cut together last night

This now belongs in ITW since you're actively working on it.  However, as an unapproved editor you are only allowed two active projects at a time and this is your third.  Please pick one of the three to be archived until you get an edit approved.

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
Sinnbad0910 said:
Put a very rough experimental cut together last night

This now belongs in ITW since you're actively working on it.  However, as an unapproved editor you are only allowed two active projects at a time and this is your third.  Please pick one of the three to be archived until you get an edit approved.

Can you archive the terminator one please, that finished but I took a look at Maniac's Judgment Day and don't think my version really offers anything new that he hadn't already achieved.

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A first draft of the edit is done now a little refining still needed here and there (titles etc), if anyone wants to take a look they can send me a PM, I'm open to constructive crticism and ideas for changes.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thread moved to ITW.

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Update on the narrative stucture of the edit

Follows the events of Back to the future up to the point Marty goes back in the delorean to 1955 
instead of him crashing into the barn he awakes believing the events of BTTF1 in 1955 to be a dream
Marty then see his family life has completly changed as a result of George knocking out Biff 30 years ago
It then follows the events of BTTF2 as Marty goes with doc to the future to sort his kids as he realises his 1955 time travel was not a dream
At the point Marty returns with doc to 1955 to solve the almanac problem both 1955 sequences play out chronologically
The under the sea dance scenes intercuts between the events of 1955 in both movies
The delorean/lightning finale from BTTF1 and Hoverboard Finale from BTTF2 playout intercut as though taking place at the same time also.
Marty returns to the new 1985 timeline with Biff under George Mcfly's thumb and how Doc survived the Libiyans attack is revealed
Current Running time 183 mins

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Added Footage from the Under the Sea Dance to beginning of thread

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi Guys

This edit is finished now, could I possibly get it moved to the pending approval section?

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sinnbad0910 said:
Hi Guys

This edit is finished now, could I possibly get it moved to the pending approval section?

Have you sent a PM to DominicCobb?

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have sent a couple yes but not heard anything back yet​

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Why a couple and not just one succinct message?

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:

Because I sent one and never got a reply did give it a couple of days between each one.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sinnbad0910 said:
addiesin said:

Because I sent one and never got a reply did give it a couple of days between each one.

How many did you send? In no case is it more helpful to send more than one.

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
2 (two days apart) I would hardly call that spamming

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh. I wouldn't recommend sending more. So you know, one PM already gives someone a minimum of 3 notifications, 1 is an email, 1 is an "Alert" on the site, and 1 is a big red bar that shows up at the top of the site telling you that you have a PM. You've given him 6 different notifications about one edit in two days. I never said the word spam, you did.

Top Bottom