• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Back to the Future -The Hill Valley Chronicles Miniseries

Sinbad said:
Adding a few special features before I reformat my pc and lose all my old project files.

Alternate Ending :p

This would of put a tear in ol' MovieJim's eye.

I should probably put this in your discussion thread for it..  :D

Video embed of episode 1 added to opening post

Hope this is ok guys, seems its ok from what I read on the Dawn of Justice thread as long as it's not downloadable.

Sinbad said:
Video embed of episode 1 added to opening post

Hope this is ok guys, seems its ok from what I read on the Dawn of Justice thread as long as it's not downloadable.

You would be right. Many editors also password protect the video as well.

*Edit"
Looks like you did that already :)

As requested I have done two new BW alternate version episodes and alternate ending episode 10 

Episode 03 BW
The only difference to the original Episode 03 version is the 'next time' teaser at the end is rendered in Black and White for continuity with the BW version of Episode 4

Episode 08 BW
Just a minor change to the previously section showing 1955 events in Episode 7 in Black and White again for continuity for the BW Version

Episode 10 with alternate ending 'Back To Reality' (18mins)
A homage to an infamous (on here at least) BTTF fanedit that somebody might want to prank a friend/family member with:D

If anyone wants these PM please

scrapesky said:
@Sinbad, i gotta check out your BTTF edit man! i love the films, i own the old school DVDs, but i always watch the edits, i love to see yours in HD/ Sounds like a very cool edit man, if its as good as the Die Hard man, im in for a treat!

@"scrapesky" in case you are unclear on the Own the Source rule, please review it.  You need to own the source material in equal or greater quality to download the edit.  Owning the DVD is not sufficient for downloading an HD edit.

Just watched episode 1 on your Vimeo stream. Excellent editing. The ending credits text were very crisp and professional looking. I am a bit confused about the narrative at the end of the episode with bypassing all of the past though. Doc is also very shocking in his reappearance. I'll have to watch the rest to see how it flows for a final review.

Its a memento type of narrative where everything makes sense in the end, possibly on multiple viewings for those who have never seen the original movies (do these people even exist?)

The whole everything being different for Marty  at the end of the episode and Doc suddenly alive is what i hopes keep people watching...  :)

If anyone has watched the streaming episode 1 on the opening post, thought it might be an idea to change it for the next episode each weekend. Give it that ol' skool vibe where we actually had to wait a week to see what happens next...

Sinbad said:
If anyone has watched the streaming episode 1 on the opening post, thought it might be an idea to change it for the next episode each weekend. Give it that ol' skool vibe where we actually had to wait a week to see what happens next...

But which version are you showing?

(B&W please!)

Well it's looking like Black and White now lol, tell you what it won't be an issue till Episode 04, I'll do whichever ones more requested :)

Black and White 1 Colour 0

It's a pretty cool idea in general for future serial fan edits - to release an episode on a weekly basis...

Yeah the whole Netflix thing has kinda ruined the whole cliffhanger thing. its not much of a cliffhanger if you can just click 'next episode' straight away. I've been thinking about giving the Indiana Jones films (not KOTCS) the same treatment. Think they would work well with the whole cliffhanger thing, the problem would be the opening credits in each one are in the scene itself. I will see what the feedbacks like on this one first..

Also am I right in thinking Last Crusade is chronolocially the first movie, could mix things up by using that first.

*edit nope its temple of doom/raiders/crusade 
I could still open with River Phoenix and the fight on the ship if I removed the 1938 credit though. The Indy films don't immediately lend themselves to the movie/tv thing though as they are spread from 1935 -1938 whereas the BTTF trilogy is about two weeks from Marty's perspective.

geniusforever31 said:
where can i watch all released epi?
Thanks

Again, Please review these general guidelines. Thanks
little box at the top of the page said:
If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Sinbad said:

Love this idea! looking forward to watching this like an actual series. As for B&W vs Color, I am usually a fan of color when the original source is color. I was about to PM for links, but this idea seems more fun to me, unless the official version has 5.1 sound...

Loving the narrative structure so far. The dream sequence works really well to prime someone to understand the shift in family dynamics, if someone hasn't seen BTTF they understand that something happened.

The finale, montage, credits make me a little teary eyed, I love Back to the Future, thank you for making this! Sorry I was watching a bunch of stuff jumping around in the thread.

Watched most of episode 1. It's awesome. I'm all in for the idea of changing it every week. It'll be like an actual serial. Well done, Sinbad! :)

crlorent said:
Sinbad said:

Love this idea! looking forward to watching this like an actual series. As for B&W vs Color, I am usually a fan of color when the original source is color. I was about to PM for links, but this idea seems more fun to me, unless the official version has 5.1 sound...

Loving the narrative structure so far. The dream sequence works really well to prime someone to understand the shift in family dynamics, if someone hasn't seen BTTF they understand that something happened.

The finale, montage, credits make me a little teary eyed, I love Back to the Future, thank you for making this! Sorry I was watching a bunch of stuff jumping around in the thread.

Thankyou for the great feedback on the first episode!

I think what I will do is put both versions up on the first page for the weeks with  two versions, everybodys happy then :)

I'm really glad a few members like the weekly episode idea I will put the second one up this weekend, with regards to the narrative structure Im really pleased its working for you I don't think its a spoiler to say that I haven't deviated greatly from that of the original movies it just in this version we the audience aren't privvy to what Marty knows when he awakes at the end of the first episode (but of course we are really :D) I'm glad you like the end montage too I wanted to round it all off with something a bit special for the end credits even though it deviates from the TV feel, I was going for sentimental when we see our six heroes (c'mon everyone loves Biff really) at the end so I'm glad it brought a tear to your eye (in the nicest possible way of course!)

Oh and yeah it is only a stereo mix unfortunately on the proper 720p versions but entirely up to you how you choose to watch...

Back
Top Bottom