• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Back to the Future: Part II - More Roads Edition!

Cmon one of you guys has film prints of them in a closet and a scanner with an all inclusive dolby vision button. You know you do.

Cmon one of you guys has film prints of them in a closet and a scanner with an all inclusive dolby vision button. You know you do.
Got my dolby vision button right here!
IMG_20220113_014141.jpg

That took too much effort for a shitpost

Wait it isn’t possible period also the reason I was asking about Dolby vision and 4k restoration is because the uhd blu ray of 1 and 2 are badly grain reduced that’s why. basically I want the uhd blu rays without the reduced grain.

I would say that BTTF 1/2 look great in 4k, and I didn't see any obvious DNR work done. I don't think my lack of Dolby Vision and 35mm print scanning capabilities made me miss anything about what great films they are.

I mean sure say what you want, but that DCP was created in 2009/2010 and only finished at 2k and meant for cinemas, not home viewing.
The 4k disc was made from a scan done in 2019/2020 for home media. It's a much better scan with much finer grain. It's still there, but it's been cleaned up, in a respectful and elegent way. It's no Predator: Ultimate Hunter Edition. Also that 4k transfer just looks a lot nicer, even the 1080p discs look great.

You're overblowing this for sure.

I mean sure say what you want, but that DCP was created in 2009/2010 and only finished at 2k and meant for cinemas, not home viewing.
The 4k disc was made from a scan done in 2019/2020 for home media. It's a much better scan with much finer grain. It's still there, but it's been cleaned up, in a respectful and elegent way. It's no Predator: Ultimate Hunter Edition. Also that 4k transfer just looks a lot nicer, even the 1080p discs look great.

You're overblowing this for sure.
I wasn’t saying the uhd didn’t look almost completely better but look at the lamp and Marty’s face they look slightly out of focus. because even though the uhd is mostly better the amount of grain missing makes the image look softer if the dnr wasn’t that bad this and 2 wouldn’t be said to have moderate grain reduction done to them on the blu-ray.com forums. it would been light or in the case of back to the future 3 have no grain reduction.

Okay then, you go fund your own 4k scan of an original 35mm theatrical print then. It's just that simple really.

I get how hard it is to do I’m sorry I was pestering anyone on here I won’t talk about this anymore thanks anyway.

Back
Top Bottom