• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Back to the Future: Part II - More Roads Edition!

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
pFOtr5j.png

After a few years, I thought I'd finally get back to doing an extended sequel to Back to the Future.

The scenes included on the Blu-Ray are very variable in quality, and the fact that they fade in and out is very annoying. Fortunately, I've been able to fix some of these with over-exposing the darker frames and some Ebsynth work. It's not perfect, but it works well for some scenes.

There's a few missing frames connecting the scene from the film, and the deleted clip, but it's still very watchable.

A few scenes aren't in the best shape, but i've done my best to try and slide them into the film.

ADDITIONS
- Added Biff's mechanic telling Biff about the 1955 Manure incident in 2015
- Extended version of 2015 Marty coming home and talking to his family
- Extended version of the Pizza dinner scene
- Added the 2015 seeing Jenifer as she passes out
- Added 2015 Biff coming back and starting to fade out in pain
- Added Marty seeing the ruins of Hill Valley High in 1985A
- Added Marty meeting his brother Dave outside Biff's Pleasure Paradise

Theatrical = 1:47
Extended ≈ 1:52 (roughly)

Last edited:
Here's the integration of Dave's cameo back into the film. Luckily most of the colour is still in the film scanned, just needed a lot of adjusting.

WaHL14z.png

S7aYrDY.png

This was a real pain as the Blu-Ray fades in and doesn't have much recoverable infomation from those darker frames, so I had to opt for my PAL Disc for the first shot of the scene. I can't find any NTSC discs cheaply so this will have to do. The whole scene is presented without sound too, so I had to redo all the SFX and score for the scene using an alternate track from the OST. Marty's line was included in a Q&A TV Special from 1990 with Kirk Cameron, so luckily I was able to get that.

Last scene that needs audio work is the Future McFlys finding Jen, and then I think the edit may be done. Still could use a title though...

How about BTTF II: Multi-Epoch Edition (In reference to all of the several additions that introduce several time events that alter different people's lives)

Here's the last scene that needed work. It's messy visually, but I tried my best to get it up to scratch.

I've pretty much done the edit, only thing left is the name.

- Heavy Edition
- BiffHorrific Edition
- More Roads Edition
- Something else?

Clearly names are my weak point...

THIS IS NUTS!!!!!!

I did this over 20 years ago in SD, and it looked, well it looked not great.

YOU HAVE DONE AN ASTONISHING JOB of realizing a dream I for one have long held...so I can't wait to see this.

If you need some help with the scratches and dirt, I know someone....PM me.

Great work...

Deleted because breaks FE rules.

@cinedocs , welcome to FE. Enjoy the edits and the forum! Remember to read the Rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Bobson Dugnutt is it possible for someone to get the original film prints of back to the future 1 and 2 do a 4k scan with Dolby vision so we have a version of these films that have the same amount of grain as back to the future 3’s uhd blu ray? because from what it sounds like it was the only film of the trilogy remastered right. the reason I ask about restoring the film prints is because a similar project is being done though it has to do with the original version of the Star Wars trilogy though they aren’t doing an hdr grade with it.

@Bobson Dugnutt is it possible for someone to get the original film prints of back to the future 1 and 2 do a 4k scan with Dolby vision so we have a version of these films that have the same amount of grain as back to the future 3’s uhd blu ray? because from what it sounds like it was the only film of the trilogy remastered right. the reason I ask about restoring the film prints is because a similar project is being done though it has to do with the original version of the Star Wars trilogy though they aren’t doing an hdr grade with it.

n9mcAzv.jpg

The Princess Bride Reaction GIF

What is your obsession with Dolby Vision?

And didn’t someone already explain that Dolby Vision isn’t possible for a fan project or something in another thread? Why does he keep asking the same question?

And didn’t someone already explain that Dolby Vision isn’t possible for a fan project or something in another thread? Why does he keep asking the same question?
Wait it isn’t possible period also the reason I was asking about Dolby vision and 4k restoration is because the uhd blu ray of 1 and 2 are badly grain reduced that’s why. basically I want the uhd blu rays without the reduced grain.

And like we’ve told you in other threads. That costs time, money, and equipment. You can’t just go buy a 35mm print for $20 and get it scanned for $50 lmao. And I don’t know enough about Dolby Vision, but it sounds like it’s not something as easy as pressing a button while you export the film. Regardless, please stop asking the same dumb questions for different films.

And like we’ve told you in other threads. That costs time, money, and equipment. You can’t just go buy a 35mm print for $20 and get it scanned for $50 lmao. And I don’t know enough about Dolby Vision, but it sounds like it’s not something as easy as pressing a button while you export the film. Regardless, please stop asking the same dumb questions for different films.
So there’s no one who could do or would want to do what 4k77 did and fundraiser for both the film prints and the restoration etc.?

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you think Back to the Future Part II has the same fanbase as Star Wars?

Back
Top Bottom